David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Postby gzagee » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am

VCC wrote:have never seen him fight but having said that i understand he is really a cruiser weight,the heavy weights have been a poor devision since when we were spiolt with Ali,Fraser,forman,Norten and later Homes when they were all fighting it was a fantastic division

Heavyweight division has been dead since Tyson (in his prime) then Holyfield/Bowe/Lewis ruled the scene. The 90's marked the end of a great era in heavyweight boxing.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 am

It says it all that Holyfield is still boxing at what 47? Because he's so disappointing with the lack of real quality in the heavyweight division!

All about the welterweights now, or light welterweight (Paquiao, Mayweather and that)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am

If you ask me, Klitschko was boxing clever, but like a little bitch. Everytime anything came at him he did the little step away and the arm flailing thing like a little girl then landed on Hayes back.

It wasnt until he got the points deduction, that Klitch stopped it, but Hayes severly mutilated toe ( :rofll: ) stopped him from putting pressure on Klitch.

I was screaming at Haye, via the TV, to get stuck in in the 11th round, but it never came. Instead, what does he do? Start diving like Hernandez for points deductions if hes even touched, thus getting himself a standing count. He was pleading with the ref more that focusing on his game at some points.

Haye messed himself up, he actually had Klitch slightly worried in the last round but never really put that kinda pressure on him enough. If he did that immediately after the points deduction, he could have given himself a proper chance!

He probably didnt want to get knocked out, but to me a comprehensive points loss is still a loss and sometimes you just gotta let loose!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Klitschko has called Haye a sore loser and to be honest the way he's banging on about his toe,Klitschko is right.When I heard about the broken toe,I was expecting the big toe.Then he shows his broken little toe to the camera,give me a break.These athletics will complain about the slightest thing.

Keep your mouth shut,take your beating like a man
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Indeed, the constant pleading with the ref didnt get him any fans either. He really needed to workout how to get past Klitcko's robot jab, instead of whining like a bitch.

Playing Devil's advocate, did you know that your big toe and little toe play a massive part in the way that you are able to balance? You could loose the three middle toes from your foot and not be affected, but if you lose the big or little toe, people can really struggle with their balance.

A person's balance is largely dictated by their big & little toes and the fluid in your ear.

Weird but true.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 pm

The toe thing was probably why he was falling all over the place as he was having balance issues. It was pretty disappointing either way, it was clear that Klitschko quite a bit before the end.

That knockout in the first fight though was beastly :dizzy:
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 pm

David Haye is looking for a re-match with Wladmir... I really cannot see that happening though as Haye can't bring anything to the table now, seeing as he's lost his belt and I think a lot of fans will have turned against him after his showing.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

I wouldnt buy it and not fussed about a re match. They heavyweight division is poor and has been for years, there are no challenges or good fighters out there hence why the Klitschko's hold most of the gold.

Counter punching styles have ruined boxing.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Even thought its never going to happen, I'd love to see the Klitschko brothers fight eachother for all the belts!

Either that of Vitali retire and Wladmir to fight and win so he holds all the belts.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:41 pm

lol said same thing to my mate, might have to try it on xbox fight night.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trina » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Did SSN really have to play the Haye interview 3 times the hour today at least!

Was interesting though, especially seeing Klit's interview after. He wasn't happy, wanted to try again, Haye wasn't happy, wanted to try again. But Klitschko has apparantly refused to do it again.

When the interview first starts, to me it just sounds like excuses. But I have credit to Haye, because when you listen to the full interview he knows his faults and credits Klits quite a few times. Agree about the ref too.

Oh and the coming out of the tunnel wtf?!! Why was he made to go out one way which had no barocades and had there supposidly protection with people trying to hit him, he couldn't move! yet Klits got to go the other way which had barocades and loads of room for him to walk straight to the ring!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:03 pm

well, i allmost never watch boxing. But people on telly were saying that this is the fight of the century and whatsoever.
And they showed the match live on Tv so make the sport more populair in holland again.

so yeah wanted to give it a try since i dont like boxing that much. I love k1 and muay thay.
It was f***ing shit, allmost turned of the tv. give me k1 above the crap everyday in the week
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 am

Trina wrote:Did SSN really have to play the Haye interview 3 times the hour today at least!

Was interesting though, especially seeing Klit's interview after. He wasn't happy, wanted to try again, Haye wasn't happy, wanted to try again. But Klitschko has apparantly refused to do it again.

When the interview first starts, to me it just sounds like excuses. But I have credit to Haye, because when you listen to the full interview he knows his faults and credits Klits quite a few times. Agree about the ref too.

Oh and the coming out of the tunnel wtf?!! Why was he made to go out one way which had no barocades and had there supposidly protection with people trying to hit him, he couldn't move! yet Klits got to go the other way which had barocades and loads of room for him to walk straight to the ring!

Mind games Trina.. It was set up to un-settle Haye.

All this shite about a broken toe effecting him punching and what-not is just sour grapes. No doubting his toe was badly broken but you can numb the toe for 90 minutes so it shouldnt have effecting him THAT much. At the end of the day Haye was outclassed, he's pushing for a re-match but if he fights again, he'll get beat again. Haye's not a heavyweight champion, never should have been in the first place.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 am

I think Haye answered most of Klitschko's questions to be honest. I don't think he was ever going to get knocked out. Klitschko answered all Haye's questions too and it was going to take a lot to knock him out.

Klitschko kept getting the rounds in though where as I think Haye wasn't interested. From how he boxed he clearly didn't go in there to win on points. He just went for the KO. Klitschko had the back up plan which worked.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 am

The heavy weight division is very disappointing at the moment. Neither Klitschko's would last 5 minutes against Lennox Lewis, granted he is one of the best ever but still. You do have to credit Haye for seeing the opportunity and going for it. He knows he's no heavyweight but that's where the money is
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing