Postby gzagee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Didn't realise Wlad is still only 34.

This will be a good un.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Postby Libertine » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Apparently Haye has signed to fight "a Klitschko" on those dates, the contract doesn't stipulate which one.

So if Wladmir doesn't fully recover from his current injury, then Haye will fight Vitali instead.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 pm

It will be a good fight whoever he faces.

I agree that boxing, especially heavyweight has lost its flame somewhat in the last few years, but you can't deny Haye has brought some pompous sparkle back into it.

As for who he fights, i personally think Vitali will be a tougher test for him.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Boxing needs a great, maybe even controversial fighter to bring back some of its luster. Its been replaced by MMA recently, at least on my tele anyway.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Libertine » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:29 am

Est83 wrote: But the Bitch-ko sisters are very decent (Vitali could've taken Lennox down on another day)

I agree about the Klitschko brothers both being top level boxers.

I disagree about the bit in brackets though, that day was Vitali's day to defeat Lennox.
Lennox had been preparing to fight Kirk Johnson and had, to Manny Steward's disgust, neglected his training to film Oceans 13.
Vitali came in as a late-ish replacement and it took Lennox several rounds to work him out, once he had however....

Like you posted, they both have suffered through a lack of decent opponents.
Having dominated the division for the past 7/8 years it's a shame that Vitali is best known for being left bloodied and beaten by Lennox Lewis and Wladimir is best known for getting ko'd by journeyman Corrie Saunders.

It's a shame they are brothers, as the biggest fight waiting to happen in the heavyweight division for the last 5 years has been Vitali v Wladimir.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

I am absolutely loving the build-up. They are selling this fight to me. I'm all in for it.
Proper needle in this one. The press conferences have been just as spiteful as the Groves vs DeGale build-up.

Roll on 2nd July.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby VCC » Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 am

Libertine wrote:
Est83 wrote: But the Bitch-ko sisters are very decent (Vitali could've taken Lennox down on another day)

I agree about the Klitschko brothers both being top level boxers.

I disagree about the bit in brackets though, that day was Vitali's day to defeat Lennox.
Lennox had been preparing to fight Kirk Johnson and had, to Manny Steward's disgust, neglected his training to film Oceans 13.
Vitali came in as a late-ish replacement and it took Lennox several rounds to work him out, once he had however....

Like you posted, they both have suffered through a lack of decent opponents.
Having dominated the division for the past 7/8 years it's a shame that Vitali is best known for being left bloodied and beaten by Lennox Lewis and Wladimir is best known for getting ko'd by journeyman Corrie Saunders.

It's a shame they are brothers, as the biggest fight waiting to happen in the heavyweight division for the last 5 years has been Vitali v Wladimir.

mum wont let that happen she dont want to see her babies fighting. :lol:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu May 12, 2011 9:12 am

gzagee wrote:I am absolutely loving the build-up. They are selling this fight to me. I'm all in for it.
Proper needle in this one. The press conferences have been just as spiteful as the Groves vs DeGale build-up.

Roll on 2nd July.

Same.

Both fighters have been giving as good as they get in the verbl-sparring and I can wait till they get into the ring. This is the first PPV fight in a LONG time that I cn actually say I'd be happy to pay for because its going to be good fight.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 pm

This saturday is almost here.. Cant wait for it personally!

So whats everyones predicitions and whats the possibility of geting a stream on this fight?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Streams will be crap I think cos of the amount of people trying to watch. Just pay for it! Or go to a pub!

Haye in the first 6 rounds, I'll go for round 4. If it goes on longer than 6 it will be Klitchko's.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 pm

I going in with some mates for this one, I don't want to risk missing it as streams can be rubbish. Come on Haye.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:20 pm

No messing about, I'm paying for this one. The fight has sold itself but, the hate between them has made it all the more exciting.
You get the impression Haye/Booth have designed a different fight plan for this match. Just like Groves when his gameplan surprised DeGale.
I wonder if Manny Steward/ Klitchsko have got something up their sleeves? :think:

Just hope it ain't a snorefest.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:24 pm

I think Haye is leading up to this fight well. He's constantly winding Klitschko up and if he carries on getting under him, then Klitschko will try kill him rather than try to box him. That'll work in Hayes favour big time.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Haye in the first 6 rounds, I'll go for round 4. If it goes on longer than 6 it will be Klitchko's.

I really don't think Haye's stamina is as much of an issue as it used to be. Booth has talked about how they've addressed that in the past. We may even see a cautious approach from Haye in the early rounds due to the height difference, with him picking up the pace in the mid rounds.

I'll make my prediction after the first round... it all depends on how comfortable Haye looks against the much bigger fighter. Wladimir is no Valuev, he's got the ability as well as size.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 am

Est83 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Haye in the first 6 rounds, I'll go for round 4. If it goes on longer than 6 it will be Klitchko's.

I really don't think Haye's stamina is as much of an issue as it used to be. Booth has talked about how they've addressed that in the past. We may even see a cautious approach from Haye in the early rounds due to the height difference, with him picking up the pace in the mid rounds.

I'll make my prediction after the first round... it all depends on how comfortable Haye looks against the much bigger fighter. Wladimir is no Valuev, he's got the ability as well as size.

I suppose the Valuev fight says a lot about Haye's stamina. He said he never really got hit in that fight though which I'm sure he will in this.

£20 on Klitschko to win. A bet I hope I lose!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing