Vitali wants Haye

Vitali wants Haye

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9192282.stm

Vitali Klitschko wants spring fight with David Haye

Vitali Klitschko beat Shannon Briggs in October in his last bout

Vitali Klitschko says he wants to sign a contract with David Haye to fight in spring 2011 within "the next month".
Haye retained his WBA heavyweight title when he demolished Audley Harrison, while Klitschko is the WBC champion.
Klitschko is the older brother of IBF and WBO champion Wladimir and wants to fight Haye first because "Wladimir will kill him".
Vitali Klitschko told the BBC: "Stop talking. I'm ready to sign any time, let's make the fight in springtime."
He continued on BBC Radio 5 live : "No excuses any more, he talks too much, he's a great talker, but the question is, is he a good fighter or not?
"He's world champion by talking. Let's fight. Let's go."

Vitali Klitschko added he would offer Haye a 50-50 deal and is prepared to fight him anywhere in the world.
"Let's discuss where we would fight. Let's fight in the United States. I listened to a great proposal for Madison Square Garden. I'm ready to fight in the US, Germany or Great Britain," Vitali Klitschko added.
"Let's make contract. Straightaway we are ready to sign the contract - I want to fight David Haye."

So it seems the main thing before was the whole deal with the TV right in Germany and having to have 2 rematches in Germany if he won. It seems that is out of the window from the sound of this so it may go ahead.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Vitali wants Haye

Postby Est83 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 am

Wow, finally a heavywieght fight I can get excited about!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gzagee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 am

Right, the sticking point with this whole Klitschko affair is that they want 50% of everything. Booth/Haye say they want the lion's share of the Sky purse whilst the Klitsckos can take whatever they want from the other PPV companies.
Hays is the bigger draw, they know that. RTL are largely free-to-view and cannot attract the kind of numbers that Sky attract. And the Klitschkos just don't excite people.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 am

If I were David I'd go for Vladimir. Easier fight. Vladimir although the more technically sound seems more mentally fragile than his big brother.
Vitali right now is too big a task for him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Return to Boxing