Mayweather-Pacman feud,whats your stand?

Re: Mayweather-Pacman feud,whats your stand?

Postby niko197 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't help but feel this is all bullshit to make the fight that more explosive when it does happen. Build up the storyline and all that but they probably know it will happen.

It will be so shit if it doesn't though. Boxing has been coming under threat from UFC as the number 1 combat sport and I have read many boxing fans defending the sport on various forums saying UFC will never top it. I prefer boxing to UFC but if they fail to make this clash..... the biggest, most anticipated fight ever happen then that will be serious egg on the face and an absolute epic fail for the sport.

I tried to get into watching UFC after everyone going on about it, maybe I was unlucky but it was a rubbish fight. As soon as they get into a grip/hold it just turns into a cuddling match. I know it is tough and that there is more to it than that, but sometimes you just want to see a few punches. They need to have a strategy to keep people on their feet more if UFC is going to be as entertaining as boxing.

If you knew more about submissions, and defence of that, you'd understand it and like it more. I see where you're coming from though.

he's right, when they go down it's so booooooooring!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm

niko197 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't help but feel this is all bullshit to make the fight that more explosive when it does happen. Build up the storyline and all that but they probably know it will happen.

It will be so shit if it doesn't though. Boxing has been coming under threat from UFC as the number 1 combat sport and I have read many boxing fans defending the sport on various forums saying UFC will never top it. I prefer boxing to UFC but if they fail to make this clash..... the biggest, most anticipated fight ever happen then that will be serious egg on the face and an absolute epic fail for the sport.

I tried to get into watching UFC after everyone going on about it, maybe I was unlucky but it was a rubbish fight. As soon as they get into a grip/hold it just turns into a cuddling match. I know it is tough and that there is more to it than that, but sometimes you just want to see a few punches. They need to have a strategy to keep people on their feet more if UFC is going to be as entertaining as boxing.

If you knew more about submissions, and defence of that, you'd understand it and like it more. I see where you're coming from though.

he's right, when they go down it's so booooooooring!

Your boring, so shut it!! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Looks like its off for good now. Shame really. I think Floyd is afraid to fight Manny.

Actually now I'm begining to think that Manny maybe has something to hide. :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:59 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Looks like its off for good now. Shame really. I think Floyd is afraid to fight Manny.

Actually now I'm begining to think that Manny maybe has something to hide. :think:

Could be true.
A few months ago Paulie Malignaggi and another fella (name escapes me) suggested that Pacman's bulking up and punch resistance seemed dodgy.
Malignaggi was laughed out of town at the time. But he was on to something.
The Pacman camp have denied any unethical methods but, if you've nowt to hide why be opposed random dope testing at any time whether it be before or after the fight.

Something TOPG failed to take into consideration when he put forward his ill conceived 'argument'...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 am

Looks like Manny has well and truly ducked Mayweather this time as he's looking to fight Cotto again,which we all know how it will end.

Gutted that these two aren't fighting becuase this is one of the few fights I wouldnt have botherd paying the £15 for,for a change.
Something isn't right though, I mean giving blood 14days days before the fight isn't really going to have any adverse effects on the fighters ability unless he seriously has something to hide....
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Looks like Manny has well and truly ducked Mayweather this time as he's looking to fight Cotto again,which we all know how it will end.

Pacquaio is fighting Joshua Clottey next, which i think is a really good match-up.

Pacquaio v Mayweather will happen in November.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sat May 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Bob Arum has reserved the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas for Saturday 13th November.

As i posted before, i think this fight is too big not too happen.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabby » Sat May 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Libs you are the mofo all seeing eye man.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 am

Any news on what's happening with the blood tests?

Come on Pacman!!!

Next up, Pacquaio vs Valuev ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fordy » Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 am

i think im the only person in the world that thinks Mayweather will do him
Fordy

Postby Briggsy » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 am

ChVint22 wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:Couldn't give a flying f**k

Get a job!!

got one :)
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 am

Fordy wrote:i think im the only person in the world that thinks Mayweather will do him

Errm, no your not ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Est83 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 am

Fordy wrote:i think im the only person in the world that thinks Mayweather will do him

Well it's certainly not an obvious fight whoever you're going for.

I think Pacman is the only person on the planet that's faster than Mayweather, and that's why I think he'll do it... Speed kills!

I thought Cotto would rule after Maywether's retirement, but the way Pacquaio toyed with Cotto was scary! The angles that Pacman was pulling out punches from were ridiculous, and they all carried weight. This is another reason why I think he'll do it, he'll find a way through any defense... even Maywether's!

Floyds got the best defense in the game though, and I've seen Pacquaio get frustrated before. Maywether wont be on the front foot, he'll defend, frustrate and counter. Could work.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gzagee » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 am

Thing is we haven't actually seen Floyd at his best for a long time. Every fight he's had recently he's pretty much won at a canter (after the odd scare).

Speed kills... but you can't hit what you can't see. ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fordy » Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 am

gzagee wrote:
Speed kills... but you can't hit what you can't see. ;)

this is what i was saying to yorky the other day, pac might be able to take his head off but mayweather can dodge rain.

i can see pac hitting fresh air for for a few rounds and getting mad and tired
Fordy

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing