Mayweather Wants Pacquiao Showdown

Re: Mayweather Wants Pacquiao Showdown

Postby LadyforSpike » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Kano wrote:
Fordy wrote:if he beats Pacquiao people will just move on to the next guy he should fight he will never win with most people

i hate the guy but i dont think he has to prove anything anymore

I disagree mate, this is why the backlash is building against him because he hasn't fought any real fighter in his prime, for quite a while.

As long as you are in the ring and running off your mouth like that, then you are there to be shot at.

Right on!
Mayweather needs this fight against Manny to silence his critics one way or another.
This fight could be just as epic as the Morales-Barrera match ups (any of the three)
Shane on the other hand needs to retire, period.

"Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God."
H. Sanchez
LadyforSpike
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm

LadyforSpike wrote:
Kano wrote:
Fordy wrote:if he beats Pacquiao people will just move on to the next guy he should fight he will never win with most people

I disagree mate, this is why the backlash is building against him because he hasn't fought any real fighter in his prime, for quite a while.

As long as you are in the ring and running off your mouth like that, then you are there to be shot at.

Right on!
Mayweather needs this fight against Manny to silence his critics one way or another.
This fight could be just as epic as the Morales-Barrera match ups (any of the three)

I agree with Fordy on this. They said the same thing about when he fought Hatton. All the critics were saying he's never fought anyone like Ricky before and this will prove that Mayweather is legit if he beats him, now he still gets no respect after he crushed Ricky. It will never end.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kano » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
LadyforSpike wrote:
Kano wrote:

Right on!

I agree with Fordy on this. They said the same thing about when he fought Hatton. All the critics were saying he's never fought anyone like Ricky before and this will prove that Mayweather is legit if he beats him, now he still gets no respect after he crushed Ricky. It will never end.

Partly because his mouth is so big and he's so quick to remind everyone of just how great he is, then he's a bigger target for criticism than everyone else.

If you want to state how amazing you are every other day then don't be surprised that loads of people will look for any deficiencies, criticise at any opportunity and wait for your downfall.

Mayweather brings most of this heat on himself.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Kano wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
LadyforSpike wrote:
Kano wrote:

Right on!

Partly because his mouth is so big and he's so quick to remind everyone of just how great he is, then he's a bigger target for criticism than everyone else.

If you want to state how amazing you are every other day then don't be surprised that loads of people will look for any deficiencies, criticise at any opportunity and wait for your downfall.

Mayweather brings most of this heat on himself.

I agree he's a prick but that doesn't mean people shouldn't recognize that he's one of the greats. Cristiano Ronaldo is a c*** too, but if you said he ain't good and still needs to prove himself then you're just mad!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Think Muhammed Ali: "I am the greatest"

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Libertine » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Pacquiao v Mayweather.
Great event? Yes
Great fight? probably not....

I can see it being very similar to Hagler v Leonard.
Pacquiao will play the role Hagler, taking the centre of the ring and pushing forward looking to engage.
Mayweather will play the role of Leonard, boxing on the back foot looking to nick rounds with flasy exchanges in the last 30 secsonds of every round.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm

I can't call how this one would pan out.
I would like to think that it would make for a great fight. Styles make fights and they have the styles to make a great one.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:37 am

Done deal?

gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 am

Anyone heard the rumours about Malinaggi suggesting something untoward about Pacman in the Cotto fight?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:24 pm

I heard they're fighting at 147, but no date has been set yet.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Looks to be March 13th now, just got to get Pacman to sign and its on.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby castano » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

was not a fan of pacman until the cotto fight.Now i believe Freddy Roach is truly great and Mayweather snr. is a trash talker
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Boxing