vitali klitschko - arreola

vitali klitschko - arreola

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:17 am

anyone watched that last night/morning!? i was up till 6 am for that one.

can't belive there is no thread about this fight!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: vitali klitschko - arreola

Postby Libertine » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 am

I didn't think it'd be much of a fight to be honest, so i didn't bother watching it.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:01 pm

to be honest it wasn't. arreola is street fighter but he's tehnique is so bad that klitschko was fighting with his hands down. arreola was always pushing forward but he didn't made a single punch, but he was bitch slapped all the time. judge finished it after 10th round because arreola was smashed really bad.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby castano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey niko,i was surprised too but maybe because we all knew he was too underdog for vitali.i've seen the highlights and i'm happy i didnt bother staying up for it
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Neither of these brothers have ever been truly tested - and I'm not sure they ever will be.

Haye? Mmmm...he's still come some way to go before he can be taken really seriously at this weight and bar him, there is bugger all out there.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Kano wrote:Neither of these brothers have ever been truly tested - and I'm not sure they ever will be.

Haye? Mmmm...he's still come some way to go before he can be taken really seriously at this weight and bar him, there is bugger all out there.

what about lewis-vitali!? that was one controversial fight, you can say what you want but brothers have great tehnique, it's not their fault there is no serious boxers this days.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm

niko197 wrote:
Kano wrote:Neither of these brothers have ever been truly tested - and I'm not sure they ever will be.

what about lewis-vitali!? that was one controversial fight, you can say what you want but brothers have great tehnique, it's not their fault there is no serious boxers this days.

Def not his fault that the rest are shite and the division is a shadow of what is once was. The fight with Lewis was close but again, you could argue whether that was against a guy (Lewis) who had done what he'd needed to, wrecked an old tired man (Tyson) and in his last fight, his heart wasn't in the performance. Don't get me wrong, Lewis got a lucky escape in that fight and knew that to have a rematch would've probably meant a loss but I think that would've been down to heart and commitment more than skill. A prime Lewis would've picked off either of these guys I think.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:46 pm

i agree with that 100%, lewis, tyson and holyfield are another dimension for them, but right now, they are (even vitali is old) another dimension for everyone else.

i never saw arreola before, i only heard he had 24 KO's in 26 fights and he was unbeaten, so i expected a lot more from him. but then he came out and i saw that he's just another (bad) streetfighter. he's tehnique is so lame that he couldn't put two punches in a row.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:49 pm

It's all a bit sad isn't it - the once prime division for so many decades reduced to a few cloggers heading the queue.

The who mess with Tyson Fury is a complete piss take too.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:53 pm

since i was 3 years old i used to wake up in 4 am just to watch great boxing match. now there is nothing to watch anymore.. :(
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Well at the lighter weights there are - I mean c'mon - Cotto v Pacman? That could be a classic.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:57 pm

yeah, that's true, but heavyweight is something special! i like arthur very much, amazing boxer.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:01 pm

What do you think of Mosley? Do you think he would trouble Mayweather or is the only man to topple him Pac?
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:06 pm

i don't think sugar shane is good enough for floyd and pacman. but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fight. i would love to see that.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Same here, I think he'll get taken apart by Mayweather but someone needs to take it to Floyd, as he hasn't been really challenged yet. I was listening to a boxing show during the week and the legendary promoter Bob Arum was calling Floyd out as not being a legend yet as no one has really tested him. And you know what? I think he's right.

EVERY legend has been on their arse once or twice, or been in some real battles but this guy really hasn't been yet. That's not to say he isn't an amazing fighter but a legend? Hmmm, I not so sure. Yet.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to Boxing