David Haye vs. Nikolai Valuev

David Haye vs. Nikolai Valuev

Postby Jameel46 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html

Is Haye f***ing crazy? that is the question.

Valuev, the WBA Heavyweight Champion, isn't a great boxer but he's a mountain, hasn't been knocked down let alone be knocked out. He's 11 inches taller than Haye and 6/7 stone heavier, it'd be a great spectacle to see him get knocked down (think the ring might break, lol) but I can't see that happening, a win on points is the only thing Haye can hope for.
Jameel46

Re: David Haye vs. Nikolai Valuev

Postby castano » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:44 am

Man!!! Haye if u win this fight,i'l tatoo ur name on my 'mr perfect' forever
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby undapresha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 am

This will be a huge challenge for Haye, as Valuev is an absolute bohemoth. A tough guy to train for too, you would have to undertake sparring with a lamp post in order to get something resembling the size of that man.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Briggsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 am

Valuev looks like that boxer on street fighter funny enough he was a foot taller than most of the other characters! I like Haye as a boxer but his arrogance is not something that will earn him friends
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby castano » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Valuev looks like that boxer on street fighter funny enough he was a foot taller than most of the other characters! I like Haye as a boxer but his arrogance is not something that will earn him friends

arrogance in boxing sometime pay off,it's about gut.But i cant conclude if Haye's arrogance will pay off in this heavyweight. too many things are involved here than just trash talking. i hope he wins cause i'm haye fan forever
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 am

nikolai-valuev-vs-evander-holyfield

and this one just looks funny

Fordy

Postby castano » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:05 am

@fordy.....damn! what a good reminder! honestly i'll like to see valuev vs vitali. but i know that wont happen cause of their country ties
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:36 am

I actually think Hayes got what it takes to beat this guy.
Valuev has next to no movment,he justn shuffels around the rung trying to corner his opponent and luckily for haye,hes a very fast heavyweight with good power.

I think Haye will get knocked on his arse a few times but I can see him pulling this one off.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby castano » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 am

@littlemozart.....this is the kind of analysis i want to hear.tell me more
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jameel46 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:04 am

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Valuev looks like that boxer on street fighter funny enough he was a foot taller than most of the other characters! I like Haye as a boxer but his arrogance is not something that will earn him friends

All good boxers have arrogance, with some it's real but with others it's a show, whichever it is for Haye his arrogance is far from being as annoying as some other boxers. Mayweather's arrogance absolutely annoyed and pissed me off but once he went into retirement he came off as a nice guy.
Jameel46

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 pm

castano wrote:@littlemozart.....this is the kind of analysis i want to hear.tell me more

:lol: ... I just think Hayes overall package will be too much for Valuev. I seen a few of the guys fights now and he really has no hand speed,punching techniche seems poor and his movment is quite bad. The reason he's been so sucessful is becuase most heavyweight guys try to go toe-toe with this guy and you cannot do that becuase he'll just close you down and pound you.

But Hayes got the ability to stick and move and tire Valuev out,but also has those big hitting bombs to land when he needs them. With Hayes hand speed I doubt he'll be missing a lot of those puches either,so for Haye to win he'll have to stick and move trying not to get too close of Valuv becuase if he does hes in danger of getting clocked and Hayes chin is still suspect at Heavyweight level.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I like arrogance in a boxer I used to look forward to a prince naseem press conference. But what Haye does is beyond what Naz done in so much as Haye has only been a heavyweight 5 minutes the guys he keeps insulting are seasoned pro's I just think he needs to be David Haye don't try and be Ali or Tyson
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:I like arrogance in a boxer I used to look forward to a prince naseem press conference. But what Haye does is beyond what Naz done in so much as Haye has only been a heavyweight 5 minutes the guys he keeps insulting are seasoned pro's I just think he needs to be David Haye don't try and be Ali or Tyson

To be fair to the guy though,he knows that if he's throwing insults at everyone he'll create more media attention and therefore bigger revenue for any of his fights.
I'd be the same in his shoes though,boxing is a hard sports to make money in and while he's at the top hes doing everything he can to make as much money as he can, and if he has to be a cocky bastard to do this then so be it.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby niko197 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Jameel46 wrote:win on points is the only thing Haye can hope for.

no he can't! i guess you didn't see valuev-holyfield fight..
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm

niko197 wrote:
Jameel46 wrote:win on points is the only thing Haye can hope for.

no he can't! i guess you didn't see valuev-holyfield fight..

At last, sense prevails.

Holyfield was robbed, that match was fixed big time.

Haye is stronger and faster than Holyfield and i think he can knock the big russian on his arse.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Boxing