Khan Vs Kotelnik

Re: Khan Vs Kotelnik

Postby Beye » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Anyone watch this? was pretty boring imo, wern't many good connections and neither boxer looked like getting knocked out.
RIP Sir Bobby Robson

Beye
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:34 pm

YEah. Last round was decent but only cos Kotelink needed to go for it. If he had of done a round or so earlier he might of had a chance cos I thought Khan looked a bit scared at points in the 12th. He lost his concentration a lot and also went from looking okay to being exhausted. Saw him twice lean on the ropes for a seconds rest in the 12th.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby castano » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 am

A khan victory much to gooneritis,fordy's disgust.very pleasurable for me.170-80 blows lol
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby undapresha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:02 am

I thought Khan fought a pretty smart fight. He threw his flurries and then got out of range quickly, and generally just danced around Kotelnik. He was too quick and Kotelnik really struggled to adapt and develop strategies to curb his impact. It looks as though Roach has really worked on Khan's defence too.

The fight became a little more interesting in the final two rounds as Khan started to tire, and he became a little bit flustered as Kotelnik applied some pressure, but the result was never really in doubt. All in all, a pretty solid performance from Khan, and perhaps England have found a fighter to be excited about.
undapresha
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Libertine » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:46 am

A composed and clever performance by Khan.

He's definitely improving.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooneritis » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 am

castano wrote:A khan victory much to gooneritis,fordy's disgust.very pleasurable for me.170-80 blows lol

tbh i couldn't care less.
i didn't even know when the fight was. i don't follow boxing at all. i just dislike khan and loathe the non stop attention he gets. but oh well, not my sport, im an mma man :sneaky:
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jameel46 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm asian and all asians are Amir Khan marks so obviously I'm delighted he won. Kotelnik didn't really look like a world champion boxer and was outclassed by Khan. Khan vs. Hatton is a mouth watering prospect, I'm sure it'd start a whole race war, now wouldn't that be fun, lol.
Jameel46

Postby northerngooner83 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Khan isn't alone in the British boxing world ?(though bthe hype often suggest he is) reading in this boxing blog that there are plenty of fighters ready to fight Khan. Gavin Rees and especially Kevin Mitchell ahve been mentioned, Mitchell has racked up a 29 unbeaten run and is taking on Breidis Prescott, who humilaited Khan last year, if he wins that a match up with Khan is surely in the cards.
northerngooner83
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:56 pm

I feel sorry for Prescott. I don't think he's got the best people looking after his affairs.
You'd've thought after demolishing Khan we'd see more of him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:02 pm

gzagee wrote:I feel sorry for Prescott. I don't think he's got the best people looking after his affairs.

Isn't he on the undercard as well tomorrow? Bit of a kick in the teeth when he's beaten Khan easily.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
gzagee wrote:I feel sorry for Prescott. I don't think he's got the best people looking after his affairs.

Isn't he on the undercard as well tomorrow? Bit of a kick in the teeth when he's beaten Khan easily.

He's fighting Kevin Mitchell.
Prescott lost his world title in his last fight, Khan won his world title in his last fight, hence Prescott being on the undercard and Khan topping the bill. ;)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 pm

I can see tonights fight going one of two ways:
1) Khan swarms all over Salita from the start and forces and early stoppage
2) Khan boxes conservatively and wins a wide points decision

Seeing as Khan was under orders to box the no.2 option against Kotelnik last time out, i can see Freddie Roach letting him off the leash tonight.

I fancy Kevin Mitchell to beat Prescott on points too.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Khan knocked Salita down with pretty much his first punch. Ref stops it after about 1min 14 after he's knocked down again.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Boxing