PACQUIAO VS HATTON

Re: PACQUIAO VS HATTON

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 04, 2009 10:35 pm

gzagee wrote:
Fordy wrote:Paquiao would have to move weight again to fight him and sooner or later all these weight jumps will hurt him

Yeah but, he's moving up in weight as he ages. It's alot harder to bring your weight down the older you get.
Also, he doesn't have trouble making weight as he eats very, very well.

Thats another point, his diet is about as close to perfection as you are going to get.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon May 04, 2009 10:53 pm

I hope Pacman and Mayweather do fight as i want redemption after waiting up until 4:20am on sunday to watch that. I know for a fact that Mayweather vs Pacman will be worth the wait.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon May 04, 2009 11:04 pm

All the good / interesting boxers are retired now so bollocks to them all. Bring back Nigel Benn and Frank!!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 05, 2009 1:34 am

Wish people would stop moaning about staying up to watch the fight. It's boxing, expect it to be over in a second.

Did people actualy think this fight would last more than 2-3 rounds? If it lasted longer it would of been a Hatton win. IT was always 50/50 not to last more than 2-3 rounds, though.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Tue May 05, 2009 4:39 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Wish people would stop moaning about staying up to watch the fight. It's boxing, expect it to be over in a second.

Did people actualy think this fight would last more than 2-3 rounds? If it lasted longer it would of been a Hatton win. IT was always 50/50 not to last more than 2-3 rounds, though.

I disagree about the longer it went, the better Hatton's chances.
I thought his best chance was to bomb out Pacquiao inside the first 4 rounds.

I do agree about the moaning that it finished quickly though.
It's not a game of football, you ain't guaranteed to get 90 mins of action.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 am

Libs, I understand from a pal that Witter doesn't even hold a world title.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 am

And to add my 2p, I bought the fight and I'm glad I did. As said, a fight isn't guaranteed to last 36 mins, but a fight like that was well worth watching.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Libertine » Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 am

gzagee wrote:Libs, I understand from a pal that Witter doesn't even hold a world title.

He doesn't, no-one that i've seen has said he does.

If you think i've said he is a current World Champion, then i think you might need to re-read some of my posts from the other thread....
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Tue May 05, 2009 11:21 am

gzagee wrote:As said, a fight isn't guaranteed to last 36 mins, but a fight like that was well worth watching.

Indeed mate.

No-one ever says "but it only lasted 3 rounds..." about Hagler v Hearns.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby whee » Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 am

I had mates round for the boxing Saturday and a couple of them kicked off that they'd stayed up so long for 5 minutes of boxing.

Pretty sure it was value for money, it was a hell of a knock-out and it's always nice to see someone almost have their face knocked off by someone else's fist.

Was it not a bit of genius movement by Pac to let Hatton in so close that he knew he couldn't hit with any real power, and would leave himself exposed like that? Then to deliver a punch that almost took his fuckin head off that quickly.

f***ing tough little cookie that Philipino mother f***er.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Libertine wrote:
gzagee wrote:As said, a fight isn't guaranteed to last 36 mins, but a fight like that was well worth watching.

Indeed mate.

I remember Mike Tyson in what seemed like 3 or 4 fights in a row that only went a round or two. :dizzy: I remember my parents paying good money to see those, but they liked it so much they still kept paying it each time.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 06, 2009 1:57 am

ChVint22 wrote:
Libertine wrote:

Indeed mate.

I remember Mike Tyson in what seemed like 3 or 4 fights in a row that only went a round or two. :dizzy: I remember my parents paying good money to see those, but they liked it so much they still kept paying it each time.

Was it Tyson who lost in 7 seconds? Might of been that fight. I was young though and can't remember who the f**k it was. Just remember it was a big fight.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed May 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Libertine wrote:

Indeed mate.

Was it Tyson who lost in 7 seconds? Might of been that fight. I was young though and can't remember who the f**k it was. Just remember it was a big fight.

Are you asking if Tyson was the one that lost that quick or if he beat someone that quick? I'm not sure if he ever knocked someone out that quick, but I think it may have done it in about 52 seconds or something. I'd have to look it up. There were a couple that happened in a row that didn't last thru the first round I believe.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Boxing