The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 23, 2024 12:12 pm

Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:Talk of a rematch

Really?

Usyk took that easily. He might kill fury in a rematch.

Fury was 5-1 after 6 rounds

On whose card? Usyk had the first 2 rounds easily. Fury had no answer. Won 4, at best 5 rounds and the ref saved him in 9

The judge who favoured fury is clearly a joke judge

"Ref saved him"

You don't know boxing rules, do you? Fury leaned into ropes and they kept him up = automatic knockdown = ref has to step in and give a count

Ref CAN stop the fight if he feels the fighter can't continue. Fury could continue and he did continue so the ref acted perfectly in that situation.

Yeah this is correct.

About 3 sides of the rings ropes kept Fury up one after the other lol and the last stumble he was heading for the floor so the Ref gives a count classed as a knockdown and that's why its scored a 10-8 so regardless, Usyk got the reward for the knockdown.

When I rewatched it I saw nothing wrong at all with the refs actions.

The bell saved Fury, nothing more.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Thu May 23, 2024 2:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:Talk of a rematch

Really?

Usyk took that easily. He might kill fury in a rematch.

Fury was 5-1 after 6 rounds

On whose card? Usyk had the first 2 rounds easily. Fury had no answer. Won 4, at best 5 rounds and the ref saved him in 9

The judge who favoured fury is clearly a joke judge

"Ref saved him"

You don't know boxing rules, do you? Fury leaned into ropes and they kept him up = automatic knockdown = ref has to step in and give a count

Ref CAN stop the fight if he feels the fighter can't continue. Fury could continue and he did continue so the ref acted perfectly in that situation.

Yeah this is correct.

About 3 sides of the rings ropes kept Fury up one after the other lol and the last stumble he was heading for the floor so the Ref gives a count classed as a knockdown and that's why its scored a 10-8 so regardless, Usyk got the reward for the knockdown.

When I rewatched it I saw nothing wrong at all with the refs actions.

The bell saved Fury, nothing more.

Yep....he was basically lucky that the bell sounded at the end of the count, which pissed off a lot of people including me! :angry:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 24, 2024 5:41 pm

"classed as a knockdown and that's why its scored a 10-8 "

this is what wrong with boxing... how the hell does a guyc who gets his ass thoroughly kicked in that round till get 8 of 10 pts?

that round should be 10-3 ro some shit. why people get 9/10 all the time is ridiculous. they caqll it a 10 pt must system but t=its really like a 9 pt must for the guy who loses the round. thos points in a losing round should more accuratelky refelct by how much a guy loses the round... iots almost always only by 10 %?
bananas
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:30 am

That was a terrible Fury performance, only marginally better than his performance versus Ngannou. That most definitely wasn't close to any of the 3 Furys we saw fight Wilder. He had little to no intent. So I think a rematch is needed, I was in utter shock at that performance

Not sure what madness took him in that fight but take him it did. There is no way a close to form Fury loses to Usyk.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:That was a terrible Fury performance, only marginally better than his performance versus Ngannou. That most definitely wasn't close to any of the 3 Furys we saw fight Wilder. He had little to no intent. So I think a rematch is needed, I was in utter shock at that performance

Not sure what madness took him in that fight but take him it did. There is no way a close to form Fury loses to Usyk.

You can't compare fighting Wilder to fighting Usyk, It's almost like It's a different sport.

It's easy to say he had more intent vs someone who is, compared to Usyk, a stationary target and extremely uncoordinated and limited as a fighter. It's two extremes, best vs worst footwork in the heavyweight division so of course Fury isn't going to be able to tee off on Usyk like he did on Wilder, even if he was at his very best.

Also, it's not madness, it's father time. It's been 6 years since the first Wilder fight (30yo then and 36yo now). And in the meantime, he's continued to balloon in weight before every fight and then spend half his camps getting rid of the extra weight. It's taxing on the body and eventually he had to pay for it.

This Fury isn't the same Fury from Fury v Wilder 1 and 2 and even that Fury isn't the same Fury from the Klitschko fight, which was his peak.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to Boxing