He looks sorta robot-esque.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Rockape wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:As a boxing aficionado I can't express how much I'm impressed with Usyk.

I first really paid attention to him in the Cruiserweight tournament against Gassiev, I thought he might lose that fight because Gassiev was an undefeated animal at cw, in that final i couldn't of thought more highly of Usyk, he handled Gassiev who was a killer at cw.

But tonight, he had no advantage bar his skill, he was giving up reach, power, height and weight........and still won.

There's a reason all the pros are shocked.

I take my hat off to Usyk, but when I watched his documentary against Gassiev you realised what he's about.

The man's now going down as one of the best to ever lace on gloves.

I think he needs to cement his position, before he achieves that status. So once he’s seen off AJ’s return and fought Fury and won, then you can elevate him to that level.

No because I'm discussing P4P this man is not a HW, he's already unified the CW division, he's already noted as the best CW of all time beside Holyfield ............ until yesterday where he's now surpassed Holyfield as an ex CW.

Usyk is 15.11st not even a full 16st, I'm heavier than Usyk right now, Usyk is not a HW, if your below 16st you cannot be considered a legit HW.

What Usyk is, is a CW who's not cutting weight and he's beating up the best HW's out there (Chisora, AJ, Joe Joyce) bar Wilder, Dylian and Fury.

I want to make clear .......... I am not suggesting Usyk is one of the best HW's of all time, he's not, I could make a list of HW's that would beat Usyk.

What I'm saying is P4P he's one of the best fighters of all time, its done, its in the books, its cemented.

His resume is impeccable, better than Calzage, better even than Floyd Mayweather, not as many wins but he has better belts at different weights.

That's how good his record is .......... undefeated, unified Cruiser weight champion and Heavyweight champion of the world (4x belts), if he was to get the WBC from Fury he'd go down as the best boxer of all time.

Right now he's in the top 3 P4P of all time, I'm not even sure who's ahead of him.

For him to be the best HW of all time he'd have to beat Ali, Foreman, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Tyson Fury, Larry Holmes etc.

............ that's not happening, but as a CW he doesn't have to for his P4P status.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Usyk destroys Whyte, and with ease. Not even close. Would also be a heavy favorite vs Wilder. The only one who poses a real problem is Tyson Fury, but It's hardly a foregone conclusion.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:As a boxing aficionado I can't express how much I'm impressed with Usyk.

I first really paid attention to him in the Cruiserweight tournament against Gassiev, I thought he might lose that fight because Gassiev was an undefeated animal at cw, in that final i couldn't of thought more highly of Usyk, he handled Gassiev who was a killer at cw.

But tonight, he had no advantage bar his skill, he was giving up reach, power, height and weight........and still won.

There's a reason all the pros are shocked.

I take my hat off to Usyk, but when I watched his documentary against Gassiev you realised what he's about.

The man's now going down as one of the best to ever lace on gloves.

I think he needs to cement his position, before he achieves that status. So once he’s seen off AJ’s return and fought Fury and won, then you can elevate him to that level.

No because I'm discussing P4P this man is not a HW, he's already unified the CW division, he's already noted as the best CW of all time beside Holyfield ............ until yesterday where he's now surpassed Holyfield as an ex CW.

Usyk is 15.11st not even a full 16st, I'm heavier than Usyk right now, Usyk is not a HW, if your below 16st you cannot be considered a legit HW.

What Usyk is, is a CW who's not cutting weight and he's beating up the best HW's out there (Chisora, AJ, Joe Joyce) bar Wilder, Dylian and Fury.

I want to make clear .......... I am not suggesting Usyk is one of the best HW's of all time, he's not, I could make a list of HW's that would beat Usyk.

What I'm saying is P4P he's one of the best fighters of all time, its done, its in the books, its cemented.

His resume is impeccable, better than Calzage, better even than Floyd Mayweather, not as many wins but he has better belts at different weights.

That's how good his record is .......... undefeated, unified Cruiser weight champion and Heavyweight champion of the world (4x belts), if he was to get the WBC from Fury he'd go down as the best boxer of all time.

Right now he's in the top 3 P4P of all time, I'm not even sure who's ahead of him.

For him to be the best HW of all time he'd have to beat Ali, Foreman, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Tyson Fury, Larry Holmes etc.

............ that's not happening, but as a CW he doesn't have to for his P4P status.

Fair enough!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Says it all in the first 2mins.

Even Eddie know's, Bellew know's, Froch know's ............ the only people that didn't was AJ and his trainer.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Says it all in the first 2mins.

Even Eddie know's, Bellew know's, Froch know's ............ the only people that didn't was AJ and his trainer.

Isn't this just Hearn selling the rematch?
That's what he does.
I don't believe that with months of preparation and time to study Usyk they 'got it wrong'?
I think they knew Joshua could be hurt badly if he opened up from studying Usyk and understanding Josuhua's weakness too... that is why Joshua fought the way he did.
The stuff about 'he got his strategy wrong' are just excuses. IMO he has a punchers chance against a good boxer and that's it... try and land a big punch without getting knocked out in the process. That was his strategy.... but that doesn't really sell a rematch. I hope no one is stupid enough to buy into it... I was going to buy the fight this time around and saw it was 25 quid. f**k that. Passed. No way I am buying a rematch for such a one sided fight waiting to see if Joshua can land a big punch.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Joshua is overrated
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:58 am

Joshua should think about retiring.

He has enough money and nobody wants to see him get badly hurt.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Says it all in the first 2mins.

That's the right plan for a boxer who can execute that gameplan, but Joshua isn't that guy.

As Tyson Fury said:
“You can see this fight going a couple of different ways. The way I would say for AJ to beat Usyk is to get straight on him in an all-out attack, head, and body. Use your size and strength and get him out of there.

But you have to have big balls to do that, and AJ doesn’t have the stamina to do that sort of thing. Because if he does a sustained attack for two rounds, he needs four rounds to recover again.

Not only does AJ have stamina issues, but he's still haunted by Andy Ruiz. It's very obvious that he doesn't have the confidence in his chin or his stamina to fight an aggressive fight like that and if he tries to in the rematch, I suspect It's going to end very badly for him.

He needs to take a step down in opposition, change trainers, and reinvent himself just like Lennox Lewis did after Oliver McCall chinned him.

Phil71 wrote:Joshua should think about retiring.

Lennox Lewis and Vladimir Klitschko were 29 and 28 respectively when they suffered embarrassing losses and had to reinvent themselves. Both were considered chinny at the time but went on to dominate their eras for many years.

AJ was 29 when Ruiz KOd him and didn't learn his lesson thanks to a misplaced sense of loyalty. He's 31 now but there's still enough time for him to do the same as the other two did, but he just has to accept McCracken's style isn't gonna cut it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:12 pm

Phil71 wrote:Joshua should think about retiring.

Apart from me.

He's rich as fk, he'll be fine, I want to see the drama.

We have to see AJ vs Wilder or Fury, I think AJ has a chance in an Usyk rematch if he practices doing a George Foreman.

If he loses to Usyk in the rematch, then he should retire, getting battered twice by a Crusierweight when your a top 3 HW is too much shame to bare.

Quite frankly AJ has been humbled and embarrassed as a Gen X Instagram fighter after what Usyk did to him.

Usyk is as old school as it gets, the mans a religious person, sleeps on a bale of hay in camp and envisions himself as a 13th Century Crusader Knight ......... that's how old school he is.

The moment AJ didn't stick to the script, he had no chance.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:54 am

Pacquiao retires.

What a life story and career, transcended the sport like very few have.

Truly a legend.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:29 pm

I never rated Joshua, he lucked into the titles after Fury smashed the heavyweight division wide open. Joshua is too basic and too robotic, he doesn't have the slick movement of Usyk and Fury. I had a feeling he would come unstuck against Usyk who was a massively feared CW champion. I want to see Fury vs Joshua and see Fury take him apart, I'm a massive Fury fan. Can't wait for him to smash Wilder again too.

Dillian Whyte called it, he said Joshua has a tendency to be shy throwing punches and if he does that against Usyk he will lose. And so it came to pass.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Pacquiao retires.

What a life story and career, transcended the sport like very few have.

Truly a legend.

Yes. Great fighter.

He'll become President of the Philippines now.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:56 am

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 - October 9th, Las Vegas,USA.

Postby quickeyg » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Next week no premier league games I think just internationals so fight fans its about that time the BIG ONE is here. You guys planning a fight party?
You better buy that extra extra food & drink cause there's always that 1 guy eating everything lol.

Set your alarm for 4am just incase Fury vs Wilder 3 starts early but usually Fury fights start at 5am (Enjoy)

Saturday 9, October 2021

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office PPV (UK) - Fox PPV (USA)

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3

Robert Helenius vs Adam Kownacki
Efe Ajagba vs Frank Sanchez
Edgar Berlanga vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres
Jared Anderson vs Vladimir Tereshkin

Fury dissing Dillian Whyte
quickeyg
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing