The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:29 pm

The fact is Floyd's never been much of a finisher, he's a boxer and he gave away 35 lbs and significant height.

My main point is that if this was an official, professional fight where the outcome mattered Floyd would of boxed his ears off even more than he did and there would of been a lot more dagger to the fight, Floyd would of been fitter and sharper ........... but that's not what this fight was, it was an exhibition for a pay cheque, Floyd wasn't exactly worried, there is a big difference between getting in the ring in a pro fight with a trained up Pacquio or Canelo, than this embarrassing Cruiser weight amatuer who's getting walked down by a fkin Welterweight.

Like I said I'd beg for Logan to get in the ring with Arsen Goulamarian .......... now that I'd pay for, he's a machine, he'd finish Logan in 1 round.

Think of it, if Logan were to go against guys his weight that would of been Usyk or this guy lol, massacre.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 am

Fury tested positive for COVID. Fight with Wilder getting postponed.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:48 am

f**k me Fury vs Joshua is never happening
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:59 am

It will, when Fury is about to retire and already coked out...AJ will take the match.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:f**k me Fury vs Joshua is never happening

Impressive how many different ways fury continues to duck the champ
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:31 pm

Joshua 2/5
Usyk 2/1

Fury 1/3
Wilder 12/5

So the bookies think Joshua has a tougher fight.

Meanwhile Dillian Whyte has mounted a legal challenge against the WBC for the mandatory right to challenge Fury for the title. In the meantime he'll likely fight unbeaten American Jermaine Franklin in September.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:39 pm

Phil71 wrote:Joshua 2/5
Usyk 2/1

Fury 1/3
Wilder 12/5

Meanwhile Dillian Whyte has mounted a legal challenge against the WBC for the mandatory right to challenge Fury for the title. In the meantime he'll likely fight unbeaten American Jermaine Franklin in September.

Whyte has been getting badly screwed, however ......... his loss to Povetkin didn't help, gives the WBC ammo.

I don't agree with the bookies, If Wilder comes in good, Fury def has the tougher fight, Wilder has floored Fury.
Aj at worst will get out boxed however being a good boxer himself, bigger, taller, more reach, Usyk is well up against it.

Really this is just Usyk's retirement money after being undisputed CW champ, well deserved but he ain't winning this.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:03 pm

I initially thought Usyk had no chance but I got to say, recently, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I've changed how I view Usyk vs Chisora after watching Parker vs Chisora and seeing Parker hit the deck in the first round and seeing how uncomfortable Parker was dealing with the pressure of Chisora. It got me thinking completely different about that Usyk win because, even though he looked uncomfortable, he was never really hurt like Parker in that fight.

And then I watched back Joshua vs Parker fight and it was a pretty uneventful chess match, so if that same guy got bullied worse vs Chisora than Usyk did why are we assuming Joshua can bulldoze through Usyk? Yes, Joshua should still be the favorite but It's a potential banana peel.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 pm

Jedi wrote:I initially thought Usyk had no chance but I got to say, recently, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I've changed how I view Usyk vs Chisora after watching Parker vs Chisora and seeing Parker hit the deck in the first round and seeing how uncomfortable Parker was dealing with the pressure of Chisora. It got me thinking completely different about that Usyk win because, even though he looked uncomfortable, he was never really hurt like Parker in that fight.

And then I watched back Joshua vs Parker fight and it was a pretty uneventful chess match, so if that same guy got bullied worse vs Chisora than Usyk did why are we assuming Joshua can bulldoze through Usyk? Yes, Joshua should still be the favorite but It's a potential banana peel.

No one said "bulldoze" this will in all likelyhood be a chess match, you have two boxers here, one with power, one without, that same one with the power is also taller and has better reach, that reach and height will negate Usyks speed.

There is no tool that Usyk has, even his speed will be suspect if he's bulked up.

This will not be a KO imo, Usyk know's how to survive and has never been KO'ed but I just don't see how he can rack up points against AJ without getting tagged.

As for your Chisora comparison, Usyk got away with it more because Chisora had to walk him down and Usyk is quicker on his feet and lighter than Parker, that's the only reason he looked better, Usyk was 217lbs while Parker was 241lbs.

Hitting and moving away from a plodding Chisora was easier for Usyk, means nothing against AJ though.

What we're likely to see is actually a similar fight that AJ had with Parker, Usyk ducking and diving for 12 rounds while AJ's reach, size and power allows him to dictate the fight.

.......... remember, AJ doesnt even have to fear a KO, Usyk is not heavy handed, AJ is going to have his way in this fight because Usyk won't be able to tire him out, AJ's reach will allow him to dicate the pace.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Evander Holyfield is fighting Vitor Belfort on September 11th.

Guess who's the commentator?

It's Donald f***ing Trump lmaoooooooooooooooo.

Unironically can't wait for this shitshow.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Crawford vs Porter November 20th

What a fight, maybe the best match up of the year.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Joshua 2/5
Usyk 2/1

Fury 1/3
Wilder 12/5

Whyte has been getting badly screwed, however ......... his loss to Povetkin didn't help, gives the WBC ammo.

I don't agree with the bookies, If Wilder comes in good, Fury def has the tougher fight, Wilder has floored Fury.
Aj at worst will get out boxed however being a good boxer himself, bigger, taller, more reach, Usyk is well up against it.

Really this is just Usyk's retirement money after being undisputed CW champ, well deserved but he ain't winning this.

Same equation as last time between Fury and Wlider. Wilder connects with a flush punch and he wins. Otherwise, he loses on points.
There will no Breland to stop the fight this time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:53 pm

Jedi wrote:Evander Holyfield is fighting Vitor Belfort on September 11th.

Guess who's the commentator?

It's Donald f***ing Trump lmaoooooooooooooooo.

Unironically can't wait for this shitshow.

You really need to give politics a rest, there's more to life than just hating on Donald Trump.

The show was crap however, a bunch of over the hill cans.

Honestly and I say this with no irony whatsoever, I'd beat the fk out of Tito Ortiz in a boxing match, I don't see him lasting 2 rounds with me.

The man can't even throw a proper punch and he had a camp ffs, these MMA guys are really showing themselves up in boxing.

Just goes to show the difference in the sports.

Vitor Belfort is one of the best punchers to ever come out of the UFC and he used to box as a kid and even he didn't look fantastic.

Its almost like they put on a pair of 10oz's and they forget how to throw a punch.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:39 am

Hating Trump? Not at all, I very much enjoy watching him as a character in the entertainment industry and I genuinely looked forward to his commentary. I despise him as a political figure though but that doesn't mean I don't find him entertaining.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Jedi wrote:I initially thought Usyk had no chance but I got to say, recently, I'm not so sure. Mostly because I've changed how I view Usyk vs Chisora after watching Parker vs Chisora and seeing Parker hit the deck in the first round and seeing how uncomfortable Parker was dealing with the pressure of Chisora. It got me thinking completely different about that Usyk win because, even though he looked uncomfortable, he was never really hurt like Parker in that fight.

Getting close now.

I do agree that Joshua has some potential hurdles to overcome with Usyk. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the best Cruiserweight ever, and that's really something. He's also a southpaw and so more difficult in that regard. He has an explosive left hook that will hurt Joshua if he catches him. But overall you have to fancy Joshua. If he catches Usyk with the right punch its all over.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing