The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Paddy » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury on 14th August .............

Is going to be absolutely massive.

This is a monster of a fight worth over £100m and to believe this opportunity was offered to that fraud Wilder and he turned it down .................turned down £100m to fight AJ!!!!

After all that big talk how it was AJ backing out? DAZN literally sat him and that gremlin of a manager Finkel in a room and said right, £100m, lets go and the fraud said no, said NO!!

Think about it, anyone on this forum would of said yes to take a beating for £100m ffs, what a coward.

i personally think it was a bit of both

when wilder was on the rise knocking people out left, right and centre it felt like there was a hesitation from hearn to put AJ in with him

hearn didnt wanna put his cash cow in with wilder and wanted to ride the money train as much as poss

then when fury boxed the crap out of wilder all of a sudden hearn was hot on the case but by that time, wilder didnt quite fancy it.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Paddy wrote:

This is a monster of a fight worth over £100m and to believe this opportunity was offered to that fraud Wilder and he turned it down .................turned down £100m to fight AJ!!!!

After all that big talk how it was AJ backing out? DAZN literally sat him and that gremlin of a manager Finkel in a room and said right, £100m, lets go and the fraud said no, said NO!!

Think about it, anyone on this forum would of said yes to take a beating for £100m ffs, what a coward.

when wilder was on the rise knocking people out left, right and centre it felt like there was a hesitation from hearn to put AJ in with him

hearn didnt wanna put his cash cow in with wilder and wanted to ride the money train as much as poss

then when fury boxed the crap out of wilder all of a sudden hearn was hot on the case but by that time, wilder didnt quite fancy it.

The Dazn offer was made to Wilder before the Wilder vs Fury fight though.

Also Wilder almost signed a £40m deal to fight AJ back when he was only getting £2m per fight, he was going to accept a lower amount because he was making nothing like AJ, I think AJ was in for £60m in that deal.

Wilder was about to sign then started fkin around about minor details, this is when the WBA I believe it was started pushing the timer on the deal saying AJ must fight their mandatory or he loses a belt so as Wilder didn't sign in time AJ had to fight the mandatory.

Wilder has screwed it twice now, first time was minor stuff, 2nd time with Dazn was an out and out flap.

He chose Fury because he thought Fury was a mess coming off the couch, then Fury warmed up on him then came back in form and ruined his life and took his belt.
Now Wilder is a ghost resigned to blaming his heavy costume and saying his corner man spiked his water bottle, or that Fury had weights in his "officially checked" gloves.

I have lost all and every respect for Wilder, more as a man than as a fighter.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon May 17, 2021 10:07 pm

So looks like fury v AJ not happening then

At least not this summer

Wonder if fury knew wilder would do this and that's why he accepted the AJ fight knowing full well it won't happen.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 18, 2021 2:39 am

Ach wrote:So looks like fury v AJ not happening then

At least not this summer

Wonder if fury knew wilder would do this and that's why he accepted the AJ fight knowing full well it won't happen.

The fight is happening.

August 14th.

Just politics and BS, fact is the fights been signed, Wilder just wants his free money to be paid to sit aside while real men fight it out.

That's the fact of it, Eddie Hearn said he'd spoken to Frank Warren and they knew this was coming, Eddie was told by Fury's camp it won't be a problem, they'll just pay the bum Wilder off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue May 18, 2021 8:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

At least not this summer

The fight is happening.

August 14th.

Just politics and BS, fact is the fights been signed, Wilder just wants his free money to be paid to sit aside while real men fight it out.

That's the fact of it, Eddie Hearn said he'd spoken to Frank Warren and they knew this was coming, Eddie was told by Fury's camp it won't be a problem, they'll just pay the bum Wilder off.

Well Bob Arum just said this:
We’re not paying Wilder to step aside. It’s better to get rid of him and go about our business. We can make the Fury-Joshua fight for November or December.

So don't think this was the expected result, at all.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:02 am

Why not put Joshua AND Fury in against Wilder together and finish him off good & proper. Then they can get on with it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 am

Vince would've made it a triple threat

Just saying.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Tue May 18, 2021 3:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Paddy wrote:

The Dazn offer was made to Wilder before the Wilder vs Fury fight though.

Also Wilder almost signed a £40m deal to fight AJ back when he was only getting £2m per fight, he was going to accept a lower amount because he was making nothing like AJ, I think AJ was in for £60m in that deal.

Wilder was about to sign then started fkin around about minor details, this is when the WBA I believe it was started pushing the timer on the deal saying AJ must fight their mandatory or he loses a belt so as Wilder didn't sign in time AJ had to fight the mandatory.

Wilder has screwed it twice now, first time was minor stuff, 2nd time with Dazn was an out and out flap.

He chose Fury because he thought Fury was a mess coming off the couch, then Fury warmed up on him then came back in form and ruined his life and took his belt.
Now Wilder is a ghost resigned to blaming his heavy costume and saying his corner man spiked his water bottle, or that Fury had weights in his "officially checked" gloves.

I have lost all and every respect for Wilder, more as a man than as a fighter.

its just my feeling based on interviews i saw back then from hearn. i think AJ always wanted it but hearn was hesitant.

wilder is a tit though for what he said about his trainer. and now it looks like he's ruining the fight we wanna see.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

At least not this summer

The fight is happening.

August 14th.

Well Bob Arum just said this:
We’re not paying Wilder to step aside. It’s better to get rid of him and go about our business. We can make the Fury-Joshua fight for November or December.

So don't think this was the expected result, at all.

Yeah its not looking too good now.

They told Eddie Hearn "No problem we have this covered" now look.

Bob Arum is a clown, I swear he's literally just got too old, he doesn't understand how the world works now or has the energy to get things done anymore.

He left the entire arrangement of this fight up to Hearn while he did fk all but sign some papers, the whole Saudi deal was done by Hearn, the arrangements everything, only to see Arum fk it all up post the fkin announcement. :doh:

People keep saying is AJ / Hearn ducking .......... I mean what else can they do, they offered Wilder £120m more than he got for both the Fury fights combined plus all the belts, then they just offered and set up the entire Fury vs AJ fight while Frank Warren and Arum sat on their arses just making demands all month.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 pm

AJ v usyk is likely
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:38 pm

Frank Warren says Wilder will be paid to step aside.

He's rarely wrong.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Paddy » Tue May 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Tyson Fury: “What a joke Deontay Wilder has become, asked for $20million to move over. Joker. Looks like I have to crack his skull again.”
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 18, 2021 10:05 pm

This whole thing has become a circus because Frank Warren and Arum don't know how to handle their business.

Eddie Hearn is the only one making all the moves.

May as well just have Fury beat up Wilder once more now and fight AJ in December.

Can you believe this has ruined the biggest British HW match in history, its a joke.

Wilder waited right for the last minute because he wanted to squeeze them when the deal was practically done to force a £20m payment for him to sit on his arse, I'd rather Tyson give him a beat down for the money.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:05 am

Wilder's people have obviously refused whatever Fury's people have offered them so far and they've taken it to court. Now that stage is over the negotiations will continue.

When there are tens of millions of dollars involved negotiations can take a long time. No side wants to budge unless they have to.

Interesting that Hearn is completely distancing himself from it publicly. The subtext is that whatever has to be paid to Wilder to allow Fury/Joshua to go ahead has to come from the Fury camp and not from the money generated by that fight.

My guess is those negotiations may also start again now.

There's so much money involved it's no surprise.

There's no doubt either that Fury & Joshua's people will want to have rematch clauses for this fight, so Wilder is a real pain in the arse for that also.

Wilder will either get a bigger pay off to step aside completely or he'll take a smaller pay off and get the chance to fight the winner of Fury/Joshua. I wouldn't mind seeing that but it's whether the money men can get it all resolved.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Hearn has said Wilder is completely Arums problem.

Its them that have to pay him off, Hearn isn't going to give anything to Wilder and why should he?

Lets say this fight is £120m each for Fury and AJ, as AJ is bringing all the belts bar one, and Fury is the favourite, I think it is fair that he pays the £20m and takes £100m, he brings less and more risk to the fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing