The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Ach wrote:Takes longer than 5 mins to recover from a low blow. If he continued he'd have done so in pain and left himself open to being knocked the f**k out.

Done the right thing and is criticised lol

But low blow Crawford as he is now known is let off

In all my years of watching combat sports I can't recall a single time a fighter used the full 5 minutes to recover from a low blow.

Khan was blessed with a way out and took it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Is Errol Spence ducking Crawford?

I watched his post fight and I'm hearing nothing but excuses, all talking about other people to fight but doesn't want Crawford.

Sounds like he and Haymon want to protect his record.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:01 am

I think Haymon wants to avoid Crawford but Spence will fight anyone.

That's the best fight in boxing, I think Crawford wins.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Spence vs Porter is official
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Canelo vs Jacobs on Saturday can't wait

I think Canelo stops him with a body shot.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Joshua vs Andy Ruiz is also official.

Apparently he's better than Miller but its a shame because all the hype was done for Miller, but unfortunately this is the best American we could get.

I mean for real, you guys have millions of people in your country and this is your current crop of HW's??

Breazeale, Miller, Ruiz, Wilder, Ortiz .......... who both the latter also ducked and run.

Did you hear Ortiz's manager actually admitted their agent was talking sh*t about Hearn trying to low ball them?

His manager fair play to him said that its their agents fault as he tried to get too greedy, Hearn offered $7m, way more than Ortiz got for fighting Wilder.

I knew they were blagging because the first thing their camp said when asked if they wanted the fight was "Ortiz wouldn't be ready for June" not very convincing is it?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby quickeyg » Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 pm

First of all

Joshua vs Ruiz Jr is very embarrassing and the Hearns + Sky are taking the f*cking pi*s.

I hope you guys actually think twice about buying the fight.

Second

Barry Hearn made slave trade owner comments recently, he's made this type of comment before in a Sunday Telegraph 2015 article.

I hope you boycott Matchroom fights starting with AJ's donut fight on the 1st June.

p.s Fearon is a sell out
quickeyg
Liam Brady

Postby Jedi » Fri May 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Can't they at least get a replacement that looks fit/intimidating? Andy Ruiz looks like Michelin Man.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Fri May 03, 2019 9:47 pm

What the f**k is this?

I'm in better shape than this bloke and I don't even try nowadays!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 04, 2019 5:28 pm

quickeyg wrote:First of all

Joshua vs Ruiz Jr is very embarrassing and the Hearns + Sky are taking the f*cking pi*s.

Second

Barry Hearn made slave trade owner comments recently, he's made this type of comment before in a Sunday Telegraph 2015 article.

I hope you boycott Matchroom fights starting with AJ's donut fight on the 1st June.

p.s Fearon is a sell out

Sell your agenda elsewhere.

This is a replacement fight, Ortiz turned it down and there is no one else decent available.

UFGN - Ruiz may look fat but he has a better record than Miller ......... who's also fat.

This is the state of the American HW div unfortunately and they needed an American fighter.

Everyone else is ducking and running from AJ, that is a fact, Ortiz turned down a career high pay day for this.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 am

Canelo wins but the fight was mostly boring.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 05, 2019 6:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Second

p.s Fearon is a sell out

This is a replacement fight, Ortiz turned it down and there is no one else decent available.

UFGN - Ruiz may look fat but he has a better record than Miller ......... who's also fat.

This is the state of the American HW div unfortunately and they needed an American fighter.

Everyone else is ducking and running from AJ, that is a fact, Ortiz turned down a career high pay day for this.

It's still a let down and plays into the PR coming from Wilder. Joshua wins - he beat a fat dude. He looks anything but excellent - he struggled against a fat dude. He loses - he's a bum who couldn't beat a fat dude.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 05, 2019 6:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Second

p.s Fearon is a sell out

It's still a let down and plays into the PR coming from Wilder. Joshua wins - he beat a fat dude. He looks anything but excellent - he struggled against a fat dude. He loses - he's a bum who couldn't beat a fat dude.

Yeah if your an idiot.

The "PR" from Wilder has been trashed, all boxing fans know that now.

Shelly Finkel just said on a radio show the other day that Wilder has no plans to fight Joshua before 2020 and they turned down one of the highest pay days in boxing history to the tune of $110m with the two way rematch he said was his sticking point.

That PR game has been lost on all those bar the people who don't keep up properly quite frankly.

Its not Joshua's fault Wilder cut and run, so did Ortiz and Miller got busted.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Well at least he looks like he can bang, only ever lost once, better fight than Miller.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby quickeyg » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Gonna visit WaitRose at the weekend and buy a dozen of those Chocolate Twists for all the fights on Saturday + bottles of Diet Coke (Gotta be cold COLD) Tell you what one day i'm gonna be drinking that Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne 2009 - oh yeah I'm going all OG (lol)

Billy Joe Saunders vs Shefat Isufi & Joe Joyce vs Alexander Ustinov May 18th (UK) on Bt

Heavyweight Boxing - Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale - May 18th (USA) on Sky
Anyone see that Wilder comment about catching a body on his record (Savage) Gonna tune into the press conference later on at 6.

Ivan Baranchyk vs Josh Taylor & Emmanuel Rodriguez vs Naoya Inoue - May 18th (UK) on Sky

Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz - MGM Grand Las Vegas June 15th (USA) on bt - Dillian Whyte next? (Enjoy)

quickeyg
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing