Want Season Tickets for 2008-9 onwards?

Post any items you have for sale or post a request for a item you want.

Want Season Tickets for 2008-9 onwards?

Postby Ron Varka » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:15 am

If you cannot get a season ticket because you have not reached the top of the waiting list, there is a way to get one where you can pick your seat anywhere in the stadium (not sure it covers Club Level though). It is not cheap, but it is how I got mine for my wife and me.

Did you know that you can buy "D" Class Bonds that entitle you to a season ticket for each bond? We bought ours when they first came out, and it enabled us to have two fantastic seats at Highbury and when The Emirates opened. Since then, we got to the top of the waiting list last year and also got two others that way.

So, we are selling our 2 "D" Class bonds through the official broker - Brewin Dolphin. They will be doing a general advert in the Match Programme for Liverpool anyway, but I thought it would be worthwhile letting as many true Gooners as possible know via the forum. So, if you are interested in my two, please let me know. If you are not, then please pass on this info to any other Gooners you know - or even club together to get a season ticket between a few of your mates!

The price, I hear you ask - the D Class Bonds are now trading at £4350 each, with full Season Ticket entitlement.

Ron
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Re: Want Season Tickets for 2008-9 onwards?

Postby Windass10 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:11 am

Yes I would be interested mate pm me.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:29 am

Oh wow really? let me give you a credit card number and you can send me all the details.

While you're at it you can tell me about my long lost relative in Nigeria who owns an oil company that has no children, and for reasons known only to themselves want to give me 10 million, and guess what? all I have to do is give them a bank account number........

Oh and Windass, I have some very nice property for sale in downtown Baghdad at a one off low price. The neighbours can get a bit rowdy, but its just a case of high jinx for the most part.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Ron Varka » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 am

Ah, my first response from a poor person! I was warned that I would get all sorts of stupid responses from not very bright /unsophisticated folks. Oh, and fans who cannot afford them, but resent the fact others make sacrifices so they can.

If you want to accuse me of running a scam. If you want to accuse Goonersworld of allowing me to run a scam on their forum. Why not just say so? Or email the moderator?

For those of you with the money and inclination to get season tickets in this way, but have been put off by the last post, why not ring Arsenal direct and ask them about buying debentures (a.k.a. bonds), the Season Ticket rights with class "D" bonds, and who the Arsenal appointed stockbrokers are who buy/sell the bonds.

To assist - the Stock Brokers are Brewin Dolphin (http://www.brewindolphin.co.uk). The man dealing with it is David Woods.

I spoke to him yesterday. David reminded me that the old "A" and "B" bonds are also entitled to Season Tickets BUT the "C" and "D" bonds have first choice before them. Also, A & B do NOT pay interest, whereas the C & D do (i.e. more of an investment).

It is at this time of the year, when fans realise that they will not get a season ticket that they choose to buy bonds to jump straight to the front of the queue for a season ticket seat anywhere (except Club) in the stadium. So, come on - if you want to be there next year - dig deep, raid the savings, sell your body, etc etc

Just thought, when we first got the bonds in 2003 and sat in the area a lot of people chose at Highbury (behind the goal in North Bank Lower) there were loads of different people from all walks of life. Some had clubbed together for bonds to secure a few season tickets, some raided savings (like us!), some were wealthy (not like us ), etc etc - they all had one thing in common : they were Gooners

Any questions for me, just mail me/ask on the forum, or just call David Woods - call his direct line on 08452 133249 and he will explain everything to anyone interested - he is a really helpful bloke.

Ron

P.S. (for Fabrestuta) - Why not Google (that is spelt G O O G L E) for D class Arsenal debentures and see the pages and pages on there about them?
P.P.S Look here - http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... ures&f=rss
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm poor and stupid? Well you obviously know me so there's not much point in me responding, well apart from the fact that while you were on holiday in Torquay last year I was in Aruba :wink:

As for you not running a scam, if so, why are you going around internet forums making all sorts of claims about getting easy season tickets? Did you just decide to do it for the good of your health or are you in fact making money off this?

Please don't try and patronize me pal about being poor (arrogant bastard) or thick, because if I was thick I'd be sending you money.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:25 pm

has windass been scammed out of 4 grand???!!

ahahahahahahaahahahahhahahh

sorry :oops:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Ron Varka » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 pm

From original post: "So, we are selling our 2 "D" Class bonds through the official broker - Brewin Dolphin"

Duh, so yes I am making some money out of it I am selling MY bonds via the broker.

So I take it you have not looked here - I even have Arsenal themselves in on the scam:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... ures&f=rss

If you read my post, I never said anyone in particular was stupid - but I am sure people will draw their own conclusions.

Ron
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Why are you signing up on an internet forum to sell your bonds? I may be stupid (which you did say), but even like a poor idiot like me knows that they wouldn't exactly be hard to get rid of. I'm sure a great man like yourself has better things to do than deal with the unwashed masses, so it just seems a tad "odd" :wink:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Also a bit "odd" that you are hiding your online status while you are trying to sell your bonds isn't it? Seems to me the more potential customers that know you were online the better.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Ron Varka » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 pm

I am genuinely sorry if I have made you feel stupid or inadequate - please do not feel too badly about yourself.

You obviously do not want the bonds, as you are already a Season Ticket holder?

However, most people do not know that the bonds can be bought on the secondary market, and that buying them at this time of the year allows you to get a season ticket where you want to sit in the stadium. In fact, it gives you priority over everyone else (except for C class bond holders) on choice of seat.

Judging by the many people who have asked sensible questions, and have been calling Brewin Dolphin, not very many people knew about the Bonds/Season Tickets. So, my publicising them has (hopefully) helped me and other sellers of the bonds - as well as some fans being able to get a Season ticket.

Brewin Dolphin are advertising the fact they buy/sell Arsenal bonds in one of the Liverpool Match Programmes next week.

Ron

P.S. thanks for keeping my topic at the top of the list - saves me doing BTTs :sneaky2:
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Don't worry you didn't make me feel stupid or inadequate, in fact you did quite the opposite. I find your attempted put downs to be quite funny actually.

If I may suggest something, perhaps you'd be better served trying to insult someone else, unlike yourself I don't have to take my shoes and socks off to count to 20. While not everyone may know about selling bonds on the secondary market, that still doesn't explain why you joined an internet forum to get rid of yours.

All the best Einstein, I'd love to stay and chat but I'm starting to feel dumber by talking to you.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Ron Varka » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:41 pm

"while not everyone may know about selling bonds on the secondary market, that still doesn't explain why you joined an internet forum to get rid of yours."

I think you will find it actually does explain why I joined an internet forum - BECAUSE "not everyone may know about selling bonds on the secondary market"

Complicated, aint it.

Anyway, I am bored now so I have to say goodbye to you - have a nice life :P

Ron
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Postby whee » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 pm

You 2 finished waving cocks at each other?
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ron Varka » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 am

Yes :sneaky2:
Ron Varka
Liam Brady

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:51 am

I may be 'stupid' but I don't understand why anyone would pay £4k for a season ticket that's probably worth about £1500.
They're not THAT hard to get hold of and neither are individual tickets.
You just have to have the right connections.
Granted with individual tickets you'll be sat somewhere different every time but there are no bad seats at the Emirates, the view is good from everywhere and you pay £40 or £50 a game rather than over £170 a game which is what you're proposing.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to For Sale/Wanted