Want Season Tickets for 2008-9 onwards?

Post any items you have for sale or post a request for a item you want.

Re: Want Season Tickets for 2008-9 onwards?

Postby rodney » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I may be 'stupid' but I don't understand why anyone would pay £4k for a season ticket that's probably worth about £1500.
They're not THAT hard to get hold of and neither are individual tickets.
You just have to have the right connections.
Granted with individual tickets you'll be sat somewhere different every time but there are no bad seats at the Emirates, the view is good from everywhere and you pay £40 or £50 a game rather than over £170 a game which is what you're proposing.

Yeah, but if you've ever sat in the top tier you'll no that the atmosphere is like a f***ing funeral. You get strange looks for just singing let alone standing up and having a rant. I'd never recommend sitting in the top tier at the Emirates if you want to be part of the atmosphere.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:32 pm

rodney wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I may be 'stupid' but I don't understand why anyone would pay £4k for a season ticket that's probably worth about £1500.
Granted with individual tickets you'll be sat somewhere different every time but there are no bad seats at the Emirates, the view is good from everywhere and you pay £40 or £50 a game rather than over £170 a game which is what you're proposing.

Yeah, but if you've ever sat in the top tier you'll no that the atmosphere is like a f***ing funeral. You get strange looks for just singing let alone standing up and having a rant. I'd never recommend sitting in the top tier at the Emirates if you want to be part of the atmosphere.

I agree there are certainly some parts of the stadium that are more exciting than others but my point is that for £170 I would want club level seats or something similar.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby sithlordwebb72 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:58 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
rodney wrote:

I agree there are certainly some parts of the stadium that are more exciting than others but my point is that for £170 I would want club level seats or something similar.

i agree with u both. i have only bin 2 one match at the emirates and i sat in the top tiers, above the away fans, but towards the goal abit.
it was preety quite up there, which i just assumed cos it was a mid-week, champs league qualifier? but evidently not.

LOVE ARSENAL? HATE USMANOV!
sithlordwebb72
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Ron Varka wrote:Ah, my first response from a poor person! I was warned that I would get all sorts of stupid responses from not very bright /unsophisticated folks. Oh, and fans who cannot afford them, but resent the fact others make sacrifices so they can.

If you want to accuse me of running a scam. If you want to accuse Goonersworld of allowing me to run a scam on their forum. Why not just say so? Or email the moderator?

For those of you with the money and inclination to get season tickets in this way, but have been put off by the last post, why not ring Arsenal direct and ask them about buying debentures (a.k.a. bonds), the Season Ticket rights with class "D" bonds, and who the Arsenal appointed stockbrokers are who buy/sell the bonds.

To assist - the Stock Brokers are Brewin Dolphin (http://www.brewindolphin.co.uk). The man dealing with it is David Woods.

I spoke to him yesterday. David reminded me that the old "A" and "B" bonds are also entitled to Season Tickets BUT the "C" and "D" bonds have first choice before them. Also, A & B do NOT pay interest, whereas the C & D do (i.e. more of an investment).

It is at this time of the year, when fans realise that they will not get a season ticket that they choose to buy bonds to jump straight to the front of the queue for a season ticket seat anywhere (except Club) in the stadium. So, come on - if you want to be there next year - dig deep, raid the savings, sell your body, etc etc

Just thought, when we first got the bonds in 2003 and sat in the area a lot of people chose at Highbury (behind the goal in North Bank Lower) there were loads of different people from all walks of life. Some had clubbed together for bonds to secure a few season tickets, some raided savings (like us!), some were wealthy (not like us ), etc etc - they all had one thing in common : they were Gooners

Any questions for me, just mail me/ask on the forum, or just call David Woods - call his direct line on 08452 133249 and he will explain everything to anyone interested - he is a really helpful bloke.

Ron

P.S. (for Fabrestuta) - Why not Google (that is spelt G O O G L E) for D class Arsenal debentures and see the pages and pages on there about them?
P.P.S Look here - http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... ures&f=rss

To be honest, Fabrestuta, that is some pretty severe pwnage. ;) :biggrin:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Leody » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Didn't we have a thread with a post that was like word for word identical last season from another scammer?

hahah, just realized the OP is from March... so this would be the thread I was thinking of...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to For Sale/Wanted