David Dein, Former Vice-Chairman

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Dein quits Arsenal

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 pm

alryt buddy didnt c it did i
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby friedslice » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:19 am

Ivan Itchybum wrote:
Massa wrote:We've been linked to Ramos too

Massa wrote:
Casillas
Ramos Subotic Koscielny Cole
Cazorla Fabregas Toure Ronaldo
Ibrahimovic Suarez

If we had players we were linked to/had on trail/sold

:thumbsup:

That's stupid mate. Pretty much every top team in the world is linked to a player before they go somewhere... It's the same for every club

logic don't usually stop him
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:10 pm

friedslice wrote:
Ivan Itchybum wrote:
Massa wrote:We've been linked to Ramos too

Massa wrote:
Casillas
Ramos Subotic Koscielny Cole
Cazorla Fabregas Toure Ronaldo
Ibrahimovic Suarez

If we had players we were linked to/had on trail/sold

:thumbsup:

That's stupid mate. Pretty much every top team in the world is linked to a player before they go somewhere... It's the same for every club

logic don't usually stop him

Already agreed with ivan, don't let facts get in the way or anything

Where else has logic stopped me oh knowledegable one
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 am

Could we add a poll to this thread too? and title amendment may be to reflect right now as well as him leaving. Dein clearly wants to come back to Arsenal.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 am

A poll asking what
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Whether fans are happy to have him back
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:38 pm

bit silly to ask that when you know that every Arsenal fan wants him back
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

I think it's pretty f***ing obvious every single fan would vote yes... Why bother
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Inchpractice wrote:How was Dein meant to have stopped Cole leaving? Ditto Cesc, he wanted to go home ffs.
We did well to get another one or two seasons out of him.

We could have kept Cole by giving him the 60k pw that he wanted and not trying to stiff him with a 55k offer. Its that type of penny pinching that's got us to where we are now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

aniym wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:How was Dein meant to have stopped Cole leaving? Ditto Cesc, he wanted to go home ffs.

We could have kept Cole by giving him the 60k pw that he wanted and not trying to stiff him with a 55k offer. Its that type of penny pinching that's got us to where we are now.

I think that's being taken out of context because in 2006 the only sugar daddy in the PL was abramovich and wages weren't as high as they are today.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:bit silly to ask that when you know that every Arsenal fan wants him back

Ivan Itchybum wrote:I think it's pretty f***ing obvious every single fan would vote yes... Why bother

Its not silly and obvious things means little to these officials we have running the club. There has to be a solid supporter movement to get through to these incompetent officials. The reason why I ask for a poll is to not only observe the results even if its likely to go one way because many have realised wahts what but more importantly so people know they are not alone in what they are thinking because you can bet there will be an attack on Usmanov and Dein soon from people who try to down Usmanov in murky Russia and Dein being a fraud or whatever else people want to say about him, total disrespect! Dein has his reasons and is no way a fraud and none of us were in Russia at the side of Usmanov to know whats what. Also a positive patch which may ease pressure will only paper over cracks. The underlining issues need addressing by people who know what they are doing.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby prolific » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 am

I hate this topic title. He did not quit!!!!!!!

Anyway another bump. Another valid call for Dein to be reinstated!

Exclusive - Arsenal need to bite the bullet and bring back David Dein, says Niall Quinn
By Alex Varney (@lexvarney) | Wednesday, March 26, 2014
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive ... 4032684927

Niall Quinn has called for the return of David Dein to Arsenal, claiming the former vice-chairman would help Arsene Wenger turn the club into a dominant force again. The Gunners have not won a trophy since Dein departed in 2007 and Quinn reckons the big influence he had at the club is still sorely missed. Wenger is facing calls to go after Tuesday night's draw with Swansea all but ended Arsenal's title bid, but Quinn feels the Frenchman could lead the club to major success again if he had Dein working with him. He told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast:

“I am a great admirer of Arsene Wenger and always will be. The job he has done economically and commercially for that football club is incredible, to oversee that move and to have the whole thing work the way it did, but in that time no trophies makes it difficult to understand the mentality and logic of the club’s board and ambition. I think he has been stifled. The day David Dein left that club was the day Arsenal became a commercial entity as opposed to a club that were really at the top of their game, in terms of getting players in and what have you. If he was to stay [Wenger], bite the bullet and get David Dein back and give the supporters hope that Arsene can be given a fairer crack of the whip."

Stifled somewhat. And commercially they haven't even had great success apart from the recent Puma deal which will be considered above average soon.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
aniym wrote:

I think that's being taken out of context because in 2006 the only sugar daddy in the PL was abramovich and wages weren't as high as they are today.

True but we should have paid him what they wanted. Best LB in world football and we let him leave to a title rival...
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 am

That was a sad day for the club indeed.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Cripps » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 am

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that Cole wanted that extra £5k to pay his agent. Arsenal said the agent isn't their employee and he should be paid by Cole himself out of the 55k he was offered.

We did nothing wrong there.

As for Dein, rot started whilst he was still here so he's no saviour that some think he is
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club