Alexander Hleb

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Alexander Hleb

Postby lewissteele » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:14 am

https://5wfootball.com/2019/02/13/alexa ... g-creator/

Piece reminiscing on Hleb.

What a player.
lewissteele
Liam Brady

Re: Alexander Hleb

Postby NovaGB » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 pm

I liked Hleb, he was a bit like Mkhy now but more functional with us, he made a big mistake going to Barca but you couldn't really blame him.

He often does not get the praise he deserves because he was not a natural winger, he was a in the hole type (Hleb in the hole :P) much like Strikers who do not score lots, like Giroud or Benzema often do not get the praise of the all out goalscoring type because they are playing a different role in the same position.

Wenger definitely had a obsession with gambling with inside forwards and playmakers (Rosicky/Nasri etc etc) wide utilizing Wing backs before they became a normal thing.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Alexander Hleb

Postby looper007 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 am

Suprnova wrote:I liked Hleb, he was a bit like Mkhy now but more functional with us, he made a big mistake going to Barca but you couldn't really blame him.

I wonder if Cesc and Song feel the same after the "Dream" move. All three players were never the same once they left Arsenal. Hleb was a good solid player, but even when he went to Barca at the height of his powers did i feel he was ever going to be anything but a squad player there. He was out on loan more times then not. Amazing how far his career fell, he even admitted himself that the Barca move was the wrong call. Shame he could have had a far better career if he just stayed.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club