In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: In Arsène We Shall Always Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Cre

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:52 am

jayramfootball wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:These people in charge are doing everything in their power to destroy the modern day Arsenal Arsene built.

Truly depressing.

Destroying what Wenger built is a positive.
Let's not rewrite history - Wenger was useless for a decade. He destroyed his own legacy.

Funny that decade is the decade in which we have been paying off stadium debts.

Ah, the old excuse.
Heard them all mate.
We spent a fortune on players over that decade - unfortunately they were mostly sh*te that we paid stupid money for and were then coached to be even worse than sh*te by an idiot.

Who did we pay stupid money for?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:21 am

swipe right wrote:Who did we pay stupid money for?

Pepe, Xhaka, Mustafi, Tierney and that's just in the current squad - how about Mkhi, Saliba, Welbeck, Perez all money lost ... want some more?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:These people in charge are doing everything in their power to destroy the modern day Arsenal Arsene built.

Truly depressing.

Let's not rewrite history - Wenger was useless for a decade. He destroyed his own legacy.

Ah, the old excuse.
Heard them all mate.
We spent a fortune on players over that decade - unfortunately they were mostly sh*te that we paid stupid money for and were then coached to be even worse than sh*te by an idiot.

So we finish in the top 6 for 22? years, before stadium move we finish top 4 every season and 3 titles in 8 years.

Wenger leaves, we struggle to get top 6, second season we are 5 points off relegation...

Yet, Arsene is shit.

lol, i suppose if Fergie finished 6th in his last 3 seasons after winning 13 titles he would be shit to.

We also spent within our means, let the guy be ffs, hes the best manager we have ever had and if he was in charge now, we'd be doing much better.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:27 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Who did we pay stupid money for?

Pepe, Xhaka, Mustafi, Tierney and that's just in the current squad - how about Mkhi, Saliba, Welbeck, Perez all money lost ... want some more?

Saliba? Wenger didn't even sign Saliba, why is he money lost? hes so good Madrid are trying to steal him already.

Pepe was not Wenger either, the hate and blame is beyond delusional, its retarded :rofll:

3 titles, 7 fa cups, 2 european finals, unbeaten season....'Wenger is shit'
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:30 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Truly depressing.

Or funnier still that an idiot poster doesn't understand the bond system ... but what can you do with stupid?

Explain what you know then Einstein

All i know is Wenger publicly saying in 2005 that transfer funds would be limited until the stadium debt was cleared around 2017.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Victoria concordia crescit

Victory grows through harmony

AW lost the meaning

Has been no harmony at Arsenal for years, the players may have had a stress free fish bowl they operated in with no real accountability and club and managers fell into the trap of settling for the minimal 4th ,as opposed to building a team and club of winners, building to win almost guarantee a top 4 finish, fact is the gap between 4th and 5th in footballing terms was huge in the past, it has now closed the top 10 from 4th to 10 are close in footballing terms,
Arsenal failed to acknowledge this and are now paying the price.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Madness pmsl, he created Victory through harmony, before that it was scrappy boring 1-0 to the Arsenal.

'You're telling us we're boring, we'll just keep on scoring nowww' - Hot stuff, the crappy FA cup song from 97/98.

Yeah it went wrong near the end but nowhere near as wrong as it is now, not to mention in the 3 years prior to his appointment we finished 10th, 4th, 12th.

How about appreciate what the man gave us, rather than cry about his last 5-6 years (even in those 6 years he finished 2nd in the Leicester season, twice 3rd, 3 fa cups, 3 shields and a LC runner up which is challenging on all fronts except for the final year).

He gave us this

---------------Henry-----------------
-------------------Bergkamp-------
Pires------------------------ljungberg
-----------Gilberto--Vieira------------
Cole---Campbell--Toure--Lauren
-----------------Lehmann--------------

and most of the 97/98 team, the sort of players that we had never seen, huge step up from John Jenson, Glenn Helder and Steve Morrow and co.
Last edited by NovaGB on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:52 pm

NovaGB wrote:Madness pmsl, he created Victory through harmony, before that it was scrappy boring 1-0 to the Arsenal.

'You're telling us we're boring, we'll just keep on scoring nowww' - Hot stuff, the crappy FA cup song from 97/98.

Yeah it went wrong near the end but nowhere near as wrong as it is now, not to mention in the 3 years prior to his appointment we finished 10th, 4th, 12th.

How about appreciate what the man gave us, rather than cry about his last 5-6 years.

He gave us this

---------------Henry-----------------
-------------------Bergkamp-------
Pires------------------------ljungberg
-----------Gilberto--Vieira------------
Cole---Campbell--Toure--Lauren
-----------------Lehmann--------------

and most of the 97/98 team, the sort of players that we had never seen, huge step up from John Jenson, Glenn Helder and Steve Morrow and co.

Read what I posted your interpretation is off !!

AW may have created a style that was entertaining and at times exciting and eventually frustrating.
I am talking about the clubs eventual devided fan base, the club and manager failure to keep up with an improving league, let alone notice it,
Thing is for years top 4 was easy it is no longer a given
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:58 pm

Victoria Concordia crescit become the Arsenal Crest in 1949 I somehow do not think AW invented it
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

No he didnt invent the term, but he made it live up to his name, your perception is warped as f**k.

Yes he went stale with age

Its a Wenger appreciation thread, why don't you cry babys post elsewhere? its irrelevant to continue beating a dead horse.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:16 pm

NovaGB wrote:No he didnt invent the term, but he made it live up to his name, your perception is warped as f**k.

Its a Wenger appreciation thread, why don't you cry babys post elsewhere? its irrelevant to continue beating a dead horse.

My posts were reasoned, why the insults?
I am 50 years old not a teenager, but thank you it's been a long time since I have been associated with the young
Have a nice day
Coyg
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:18 pm

VCC wrote:
NovaGB wrote:No he didnt invent the term, but he made it live up to his name, your perception is warped as f**k.

My posts were reasoned, why the insults?
I am 50 years old not a teenager, but thank you it's been a long time since I have been associated with the young
Have a nice day
Coyg

Fair comment, it wasn't directly pointed at you, thats why i didn't keep quoting you (especially the first post after yours), i was just being passionate about our club, COYG.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Always been a Neil Warnock fan. :hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 am

Same, i love him. The definition of old school no nonsense manager! Knows his level but is a master at his level.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 am

BEST TRIBUTE VIDEO EVER!

I watched this a lot the last few months, its better than anything I've seen on the pitch from us this season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club