The Iceman ~ When God Walked Arsenal Turf

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yosifun » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 am

Would be great for the club and the youth players.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zinc » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:22 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Didn't they talk at the AGM about changing the structure/peoplei n charge of the youth set up? Isn't that kind of what Bergkamp said he wanted to be involved in if/when he came back?

Yeah, looks like they want a big name to come in and completely revamp from the ground up. Good news in my opinion, our academy has done well but parts of it have grown incredibly stale - some of the age groups seem to contain very little talent too.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 am

your certainly not short of talent coming through, its just impossible for you to snatch players anymore because big teams know if arsenal are in for there youngsters there going to be big players in the future if utilized correctly.

Gnabry looks a good prospect, Zelalem too from what i have seen, I havent seen eisfield but ive heard you all banging on about him, Oxlade, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs aswell(i think hes already imrpoved alot).
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zinc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 am

billo2007 wrote:your certainly not short of talent coming through, its just impossible for you to snatch players anymore because big teams know if arsenal are in for there youngsters there going to be big players in the future if utilized correctly.

Gnabry looks a good prospect, Zelalem too from what i have seen, I havent seen eisfield but ive heard you all banging on about him, Oxlade, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs aswell(i think hes already imrpoved alot).

Eisfeld reminds me of Arshavin - plenty of talent but I question his mentality.

We've got lots of talent in some of the age ranges, but others are lacking in my opinion, we could definitely do with a bit of a shake up looking at how City and Chelsea are investing in their youth set-ups.
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:57 am

I don't think Eisfeld has all that much talent
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 pm

He scores goals though!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zinc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:09 pm

He's definitely displayed that he has a lot of talent - at times - he's bossed some of the U21 games showing great vision and tactical understanding of the attacking side of the game but he seems to lack drive so some games he'll drift in and out of. Thought he did OK in that mental Reading game last season, but the last time I saw him in the League cup he was pretty rubbish outside of the goal.

You wouldn't know Arshavin was talented from watching half his matches either.
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Dennis Bergkamp - A Tribute

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue May 10, 2016 7:04 am

On this day, a legend was born
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Tue May 10, 2016 10:21 am

Est83 wrote:
UFGN wrote:A better player than even Henry IMO. The best footballer I have ever seen live.

Agreed. My favourite player of all-time. No-one came close.

A statue outside the Emirates??? F**k it, a statue in the centre of the pitch!

I thought I would never see a better player than Liam Brady in an Arsenal shirt but Bergkamp dragged Arsenal into professionalism by far the best player I have seen at Arsenal he made them what they were just happens AW went for the ride never have a strike pair like Bergkamp and Henry again they would match any all time great frontline anywhere.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dubs4Sam » Tue May 10, 2016 10:37 am

Bruce Rioch - thank you.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 am

Greatest Arsenal player ever.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby island_gunner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 am

Although it is almost expected to see positive posts about DB after all it's an Arsenal Forum but it's still kool to read your comments and realise that other ppl got the same joy watching him play as I did over the years. I have only gotten two kits over the years but both have on Bergkamp , might get the Yellow this season and customize the same way . One of my buddies has already offered me an Alexis (who I like alot) so I was thinking about it but there's only one name that would ever go on my jerseys even in like year 2030 :) :biggrin:
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 pm

island_gunner wrote:Although it is almost expected to see positive posts about DB after all it's an Arsenal Forum but it's still kool to read your comments and realise that other ppl got the same joy watching him play as I did over the years. I have only gotten two kits over the years but both have on Bergkamp , might get the Yellow this season and customize the same way . One of my buddies has already offered me an Alexis (who I like alot) so I was thinking about it but there's only one name that would ever go on my jerseys even in like year 2030 :) :biggrin:

Just something about Bergkamp that no one's come close to matching

He had Ozi's creativity, Sanchez's energy, and even pretty awesome finishing. Just magical to watch. No player I've loved watching more.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:34 pm

The best player EVER to put the Arsenal shirt on, the man is a Legend a Genius we will never see his like again.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club