Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Super Jacky Wilshere

Postby Reiss » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Wilshere retires.

What an unflattering career.

Dubbed the next Gazza but ended up being somewhat of a whim.

He can blame Wenger for his poor career. Overplayed him at a young age and destroyed his body. There was no game management for the poor lad and eventually it took his toll.

:rose:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:53 pm

Dont worry we will pay him to be an unqualified coach - that's just what we do.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Sad day this is.

I dont even like Wilshere much, seems like an asshole 'our asshole' but sad such a talented player retires like this.

Despite all the setbacks and carnage and cocaine cover ups i really though that goal vs Chlesea in 2017 was his redemption point when he would finally become the main man in midfield for us but it was his peak, he faded after that game into nothing.

Tbh he still did a lot in his 10-11 years as a pro and reach the top level, made a WC, scored one of our best ever goals as a club vs Norwich so that we will always have love for Jack. Definatley a 'what if' career though.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:25 pm

elkanofan wrote:Sad day this is.

I dont even like Wilshere much, seems like an asshole but sad such a talented player retires like this.

Despite all the setbacks and carnage and cocaine cover ups i really though that goal vs Chlesea in 2017 was his redemption point when he would finally become the main man in midfield for us but it was his peak, he faded after that game into nothing.

Tbh he still did a lot in his 10-11 years as a pro and reach the top level, made a WC, scored one of our best ever goals as a cljb vs Norwich so that we will always have love for Jack. Definatley a 'what if' career though.

Wait... What? Coca-hayna?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:19 pm

He was the darling of the Wenger set. Could have eaten a baby right there on the pitch and a certain ilk of fan would have just trotted out “he just had a bad game, give him time, he’s still young”
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Clarkey T » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 pm

He should have dropped down to League One - I'm sure Derby County would have taken him at the right price and given how he seemed happy to have got a move to Denmark I'm sure he is still capable of playing in League One.

I wonder if the reason he spent so much time out of the game was due to high wage demands - if so his advisors are a disgrace, he was hampered by injury at West Ham, didn't exactly shine at Bournemouth, he should have been advised to lower the wage demands and sign a short term deal with a League One club and then start enjoying his football again because his skill set should stand out in League One which would have got him a move back up the pyramid.

Could also argue that the fact he was caught smoking and continued to do so even after being advised not to shows a weak/failure mindset, someone like Cristiano Ronaldo would put his body first every time even at a young age, he's obsessed with fitness which is something any up coming player should learn from.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:51 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

I dont even like Wilshere much, seems like an asshole but sad such a talented player retires like this.

Tbh he still did a lot in his 10-11 years as a pro and reach the top level, made a WC, scored one of our best ever goals as a cljb vs Norwich so that we will always have love for Jack. Definatley a 'what if' career though.

Yeah. Insiders at the club let the truth out about his cocaine issues especially after or during his injuries.

Apparently Rosicky has this issue too when he had his long layoff for a year or so.

Its a rich mans plaything drug which flies around those circles, when players are out injured, some just go a bit too far.

Clubs always try to cover this shit up so unlike with Rio in 2004 they don't end up with lengthy drug bans for recreational stuff like Ganja, coca-hyena, exactasy etc...
Last edited by elkanofan on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:52 am

elkanofan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Yeah. Insiders at the club let the truth out about his cocaine issues especially after or during his injuries.

Apparently Rosicky has this issue too when he had his long layoff for a year or so.

Its a rich mans plaything drug which flies around those circles, when players are out injured, some just go a bit too far.

Clubs always try to cover this shit up so unlike woth Rio in 2004 they domt end up with lenthy drug bans for recreational stuff like Ganja, coca-hyena, exctasy etc...

I heard the Rosicky rumours but nothing on Wilshere. Wow.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:09 am

Still remember taking my brother to the emirates cup when jack was breaking into the team, my brother had never heard of him. He came on for a cameo vs Juve and was amazing. My brother spent the whole journey home raving about him.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:22 am

The hatred for Jack on this forum always shocks me. People making out like he was some kind of delinquent rather than a talented kid who was unfortunate with injuries.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockape » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:19 pm

swipe right wrote:The hatred for Jack on this forum always shocks me. People making out like he was some kind of delinquent rather than a talented kid who was unfortunate with injuries.

Swipey talks sense for a change.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:03 pm

Rockape wrote:
swipe right wrote:The hatred for Jack on this forum always shocks me. People making out like he was some kind of delinquent rather than a talented kid who was unfortunate with injuries.

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:49 am

Only just seen it but very sad news, had the world at his feet but could never live up to it after all the injuries. Honestly think Arsenal and England both lost out massively from this, could’ve been a key CM for both for 10 years.

Glad he seems to be okay and finally accepting how his career has gone, time to focus on his family.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:10 am

Angelito wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:25 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Still remember taking my brother to the emirates cup when jack was breaking into the team, my brother had never heard of him. He came on for a cameo vs Juve and was amazing. My brother spent the whole journey home raving about him.

I think I remember that pre season. Real Madrid as well. Jack was playing on the left wing and looked so natural on the ball. His balance and ease for beating players was impressive. I remember being told his natural position is the middle and was stunned because he looked so good out wide.

It's a real shame to see him retire at 30 and fall so short of what he could have been because of injuries. I hear he's been offered a Youth Coach role here. Good luck to him and hopefully he turns into a great coach.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club