Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am

Phil71 wrote:An EFL club would take him on a pay as you play if he would also agree to a huge drop in salary demands.

He doesn't have to retire. He's just choosing to because he won't do as I've described above. Many pro players did that in years gone by. Some top level players ended up finishing their career at non-league level - just because they wanted to play football.

It’s not that simple. The main thing for a club when dealing with someone with jacks situation is paying his insurance. He can become a real liability when it comes to injuries and I gather that’s why people are avoiding him. We’ve seen it with other players like Owen Hargreaves as well. Massive talent but retired because he couldn’t get a contract.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:55 am

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:An EFL club would take him on a pay as you play if he would also agree to a huge drop in salary demands.

He doesn't have to retire. He's just choosing to because he won't do as I've described above. Many pro players did that in years gone by. Some top level players ended up finishing their career at non-league level - just because they wanted to play football.

It’s not that simple. The main thing for a club when dealing with someone with jacks situation is paying his insurance. He can become a real liability when it comes to injuries and I gather that’s why people are avoiding him. We’ve seen it with other players like Owen Hargreaves as well. Massive talent but retired because he couldn’t get a contract.

Then he can pay his own insurance, or not have any insurance.

Does he want to continue playing? That's the question. If he only wants to continue playing if the money is right then playing football isn't the priority.

He has to accept that he is damaged goods, and only worth what that's worth.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 am

Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Does he want to continue playing? That's the question. If he only wants to continue playing if the money is right then playing football isn't the priority.

Did you see his recent interview with Ornstein? He pretty much admits that. He has to balance the fact that he clearly wants to keep playing while not doing permanent damage to his body that costs money to rehabilitate. He’s not going to get a big paycheck ever again so he has to think about that. It’s hard not to sympathize with him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:36 am

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Did you see his recent interview with Ornstein? He pretty much admits that. He has to balance the fact that he clearly wants to keep playing while not doing permanent damage to his body that costs money to rehabilitate. He’s not going to get a big paycheck ever again so he has to think about that. It’s hard not to sympathize with him.

I think I'll reserve my sympathy for people with real problems.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:46 am

The full interview is eye opening. Apparently he was offered a new deal by the club when his contract expired at the end of 17/18. Emery told him he wasn't in his plans, so he rejected the deal and joined West Ham.

He says that regrets the move, and thinks he could had a chance in Emery's team since the midfield was so average and there were a lot of injuries (Mhikytaryan, Ramsey, Welbeck).
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:35 pm

aniym wrote:The full interview is eye opening. Apparently he was offered a new deal by the club when his contract expired at the end of 17/18. Emery told him he wasn't in his plans, so he rejected the deal and joined West Ham.

He says that regrets the move, and thinks he could had a chance in Emery's team since the midfield was so average and there were a lot of injuries (Mhikytaryan, Ramsey, Welbeck).

Yeah, it was a pay as you play deal and I thought he should have taken the deal and back himself as well. But I doubt it would have changed much. He spent most of his seasons with West Ham out injured as well.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Didn’t realize your sympathy was running out. Do save it for the more deserving.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:17 pm

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Didn’t realize your sympathy was running out. Do save it for the more deserving.

My heart finds it hard to bleed over muliti-millionaires complaining about not being able to make more money.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
swipe right wrote:

My heart finds it hard to bleed over muliti-millionaires complaining about not being able to make more money.

Well when I’m old and frail do spare a thought for me. I’m not a multi millionaire.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Super Jacky Wilshere

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Arteta has suggested English midfielder Jack Wilshere, 29, could train with former club Arsenal while he attempts to find a new club following his release from Bournemouth. (Mirror) 

It's going to happen isn't it?

Ffs
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 am

Ach wrote:
Arteta has suggested English midfielder Jack Wilshere, 29, could train with former club Arsenal while he attempts to find a new club following his release from Bournemouth. (Mirror) 

It's going to happen isn't it?

Ffs

Nothing would surprise me with this clown.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 am

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:06 am

Wilshere + Partey midfield pivot. Has to happen. Lad will upstage all our other midfielders.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1437718355121692676

He's coming home

His voice and his body language - a man who has come to the realisation that he alone wasted his career with his poor attitude and professionalism.
It's too late for him now, I suspect, to salvage anything.
Only has himself to blame and he knows it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:31 pm

Tbh I don't think it's all down to him but he has had such a shit career compared to what he should've and could've done.

Can't hate Jack, just feel sorry for the guy tbh. Washed up at 29.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club