The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal,
or come in and read all about your beloved club Arsenal.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:26 am

theHotHead wrote:EK learn to argue. This is tiresome. I used Totti as an example as to why the Ballon d'or awards don't prove shit, I used Lahm himself who was one of the best fullbacks in the world for a lengthy period and he didn't appear much in the shortlist

Mesut Ozil was one of the best cams in the world, nothing you say will change it. Record breaking cam.


It's not an argument that's where you are failing completely. You claimed that Ozil is "the best attacking midfielder in the world"

That's your opinion, one that is perfectly valid, to support your opinion you have sited very questionable statistics (chances created) but skated over the last five years assists and goals scored ... the standard measure for attacking players

In response it's been pointed out to you that Ozil is nowhere near the best in goals and assists, that he plays at a club that sadly is not top tier at the moment, that his fellow professionals have not even considered him one of the top thirty players in Europe for the last five years.

That's not an argument, it's a series of facts that support the inevitable conclusion that Ozil is not the best attacking midfielder in the world, it's not even close.

Your the epitome of the modern voter ... my opinion is right and so to hell with the truth ... it's why today's society is so fecked up.
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:14 am

King of Highbury XIV wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Angelito wrote:

A redditor made this.

Very interesting.


Dat company :hiding:



On a different note: Young Fabregas was a monster

What company, three of the guys you listed are also goalscorers (Ronaldo, Messi, Mueller)? Actually when talking about Ozil, I'm pretty sure Di Maria and Fabregas can be considered goalscorers too.


Just saw your post.

If football was all about scoring goals, then the game would be better off without goalkeepers, defenders, and creative midfielders.
Leno
(Runarsson/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Gabriel Tierney
(Cedric/Niles) (Holding/Mustafi) (Mari/Sokratis) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka
(Elneny/Luiz)
Partey —- Ceballos
(Torreira/Matteo) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba(c)
(Willian/ESR) -------------------- (Saka/Nelson)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 10/26/20
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18507
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Losmeister » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 pm

why is there anything to say about this player this week?

he didnt play.

that being said i want to see him at his BEST when he is on the field.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11057
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 pm

I can’t believe this is still going on tbh
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31724
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Nuggets » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Sims wrote:I can’t believe this is still going on tbh


I think some people get bored and just post to wind others up.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18777
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Think it's enthralling tbh
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19877
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby theHotHead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:07 am

EK, no long ting. I said Mesut during his prime was considered one of the best CAMs in world football if not THE best CAM in world football. I am challenging you to name other CAMs during Ozil's prime - 2009 to 2015 - who were as good as Ozil was as a CAM or better than him.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9993
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:08 am

theHotHead wrote:EK, no long ting. I said Mesut during his prime was considered one of the best CAMs in world football if not THE best CAM in world football. I am challenging you to name other CAMs during Ozil's prime - 2009 to 2015 - who were as good as Ozil was as a CAM or better than him.


It's 2019 ... that's the bit you can't seen to grasp ... I've never said Ozil wasn't right up there five years ago not as highly as you rated him but who cares ... we're talking about now, post Wonger under the New Don, we're taking about a player getting paid 18m a year who's managed just 15 EPL starts with 4 goals and 2 assists ....

The big question coming up ... would you release him come the summer (assuming someone would take him) and spend the wages elsewhere? or would you pay another 36m in wages for him to stay for two more years?
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby theHotHead » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:21 am

Moving goalposts as usual EK !!!

The argument was made that nobody would remember Ozil and I argued that they would, because he was the best CAM in the world during his prime. In the same way people remember other world class players like Hasler, Scifo, Hagi etc, people will remember Ozil - not least because he was a constant topic for debate.

Stick to the argument or stop arguing.
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9993
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:Moving goalposts as usual EK !!!

The argument was made that nobody would remember Ozil and I argued that they would, because he was the best CAM in the world during his prime. In the same way people remember other world class players like Hasler, Scifo, Hagi etc, people will remember Ozil - not least because he was a constant topic for debate.

Stick to the argument or stop arguing.

No one but you and your mates are going to talk about Ozil and refer to him as a legend of any sort. A legend for what? What has he accomplished in European football that makes you think people will rank him up their with the Ronaldo's, the Henry's, the Beckenbauers? He won the WC on a stacked Germany team... Cool. His contributions in Germany, Spain, and England have all led to insignificant silverware. Sorry, but Copa Del Rey and FA Cup are for bench players. Oh yeah and Kevin De Bruyne will personally make sure no one mentions Ozil after he hangs his boots up. Ozil should stick to trying to establish some kind of friendship w/ Erdogan and then move into politics in Turkey because he will be forgotten by the footballing world by the time he is 40.
all of my posts are my own opinion
User avatar
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 pm
Location: Nola

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 pm

Didn’t he provide the most assists for the team with the most points in La Liga history lmao
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31724
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Sims wrote:Didn’t he provide the most assists for the team with the most points in La Liga history lmao

And for that he's a legend? For winning 1 La Liga out of Real's 30 something???

Ozil big time trophies include the following;
1. Player of the Year 14/15 - Euro Qualifiers
2. World Cup 2014
3. Buli Cup 08/09
4. Copa Del Rey 2010/11
5. La Liga 2011/12
6. 3x FA Cup 2014, 2015, 2016
7. 4x Assists Leader*

* He's been the assists leader 4 times in his career, the last time being in 2012. 09/10 Buli season with Werder Bremen, 2010/11 CL w/ Real, Euro Qualifiers 2010/11, and Finally La Liga 2011/12 where Ozil put up 19 assists and 4 goals in 2,561 minutes, however, you also need to consider Ronaldo bagged 46 league goals, Higuain had 22 and Benz had 21. On top of that, the 2nd player with the most amount of assists that year in La Liga was Kaka w/ 10 assists and 5 goals in 1,368 minutes. So you guys can stop with this Ozil is a world class player. Ya maybe in 2011/12 he was world class. That's almost a decade ago. And even then, you could make a solid argument that Kaka was just as good if not better in the limited time he got.
Last edited by King of Highbury XIV on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
all of my posts are my own opinion
User avatar
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 pm
Location: Nola

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:24 pm

theHotHead wrote:Moving goalposts as usual EK !!!

The argument was made that nobody would remember Ozil and I argued that they would, because he was the best CAM in the world during his prime. In the same way people remember other world class players like Hasler, Scifo, Hagi etc, people will remember Ozil - not least because he was a constant topic for debate.

Stick to the argument or stop arguing.


Here are the 'goalposts'

I don't give a f**k what Ozil or any other player did a decade ago playing for someone else ... all I care about is what he does now ... show me where all these fans are who put Ozil on the level you do ... I can't find any evidence, go look at any poll by fans over the last decade, I'll pretty much guarantee you Ozil only appears in the top twenty just once, in 2012 ... so it seems people will not remember Ozil as a true great, RM fans certainly don't, and I'm pretty sure most Arsenal fans don't either.

As usual you ignored the question it appears you're not prepared to answer - would you release Ozil come the summer (assuming someone would take him) and spend the wages elsewhere? or would you pay another 36m in wages for him to stay for two more years?
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby HalHartley » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:53 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:
Sims wrote:Didn’t he provide the most assists for the team with the most points in La Liga history lmao

And for that he's a legend? For winning 1 La Liga out of Real's 30 something???

Ozil big time trophies include the following;
1. Player of the Year 14/15 - UEFA Nations League w/ Germany
2. Player of the Year 14/15 - Euro Qualifiers
3. World Cup 2014
4. Buli Cup 08/09
5. Copa Del Rey 2010/11
6. La Liga 2011/12
7. 3x FA Cup 2014, 2015, 2016

And he's been the assists leader 4 times in his career, the last time being in 2012. 09/10 Buli season with Werder Bremen, 2010/11 CL w/ Real, Euro Qualifiers 2010/11, and Finally La Liga 2011/12 where Ozil put up 19 assists and 4 goals in 2,561 minutes, however, you also need to consider Ronaldo bagged 46 league goals, Higuain had 22 and Benz had 21. On top of that, the 2nd player with the most amount of assists that year in La Liga was Kaka w/ 10 assists and 5 goals in 1,368 minutes. So you guys can stop with this Ozil is a world class player. Ya maybe in 2011/12 he was world class. That's almost a decade ago. And even then, you could make a solid argument that Kaka was just as good if not better in the limited time he got.


What the f**k you been smoking? Making up shit to win a argument
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:55 pm

HalHartley wrote:
King of Highbury XIV wrote:
Sims wrote:Didn’t he provide the most assists for the team with the most points in La Liga history lmao

And for that he's a legend? For winning 1 La Liga out of Real's 30 something???

Ozil big time trophies include the following;
1. Player of the Year 14/15 - UEFA Nations League w/ Germany
2. Player of the Year 14/15 - Euro Qualifiers
3. World Cup 2014
4. Buli Cup 08/09
5. Copa Del Rey 2010/11
6. La Liga 2011/12
7. 3x FA Cup 2014, 2015, 2016

And he's been the assists leader 4 times in his career, the last time being in 2012. 09/10 Buli season with Werder Bremen, 2010/11 CL w/ Real, Euro Qualifiers 2010/11, and Finally La Liga 2011/12 where Ozil put up 19 assists and 4 goals in 2,561 minutes, however, you also need to consider Ronaldo bagged 46 league goals, Higuain had 22 and Benz had 21. On top of that, the 2nd player with the most amount of assists that year in La Liga was Kaka w/ 10 assists and 5 goals in 1,368 minutes. So you guys can stop with this Ozil is a world class player. Ya maybe in 2011/12 he was world class. That's almost a decade ago. And even then, you could make a solid argument that Kaka was just as good if not better in the limited time he got.


What the f**k you been smoking? Making up shit to win a argument

https://www.transfermarkt.us/mesut-ozil ... eler/35664

Put the crack pipe down
all of my posts are my own opinion
User avatar
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 pm
Location: Nola

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest