The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:11 am

swipe right wrote:Ozil is history that is without doubt. But Arteta is not out of the woods as you suggest. He’s had a good run of games but despite that is sitting in the lower half of the table. The average term for a manager nowadays is 3 seasons so Arteta is not on solid ground yet.

No argument there - if we sink back down that will be on him - but it will have nothing to do with Orzily or whatever his name was ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:18 am

What's the expectations on Ozil considering in some eyes he is footballing royalty,
He is after all as he says in his own words fit to play, and now playing a considerably easier league ?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 am

EliteKiller wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:This saga is far from finished.
Ozil is going to have his say no doubt and this is a decision that Arteta will live or die by. If we finish outside the top 6 and have failed to have a much better second half of the season (in terms of creativity) Ozil's ghost will haunt Arteta and there will be no shortage of people calling him out on it.

Nope - apart from to a handful of fanboys Ozil is now history - he will haunt nobody and be irrelevant when it comes to this season's on field review. Arteta's future is looking solid, Ozil was a Board approved dismissal and that will have bought Arteta loads of credit as he finally ended that sorry saga. Ozil in footballing terms has long since been irrelevant ... as I said it's only the last few fanboys who believe different.

Whether you like it or not, we'll very likely hear a lot more when the details of what really happened come out.
As i said, Arteta made a big decision (either directed or not) and it will be something he is judged on.
Right now we are 10th and failing. He'll have to turn that around or this 'saga' will hang over him.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:11 am

VCC wrote:What's the expectations on Ozil considering in some eyes he is footballing royalty,
He is after all as he says in his own words fit to play, and now playing a considerably easier league ?

None.
He doesn't play for Arsenal anymore so expectations of him are irrelevant.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 am

VCC wrote:What's the expectations on Ozil considering in some eyes he is footballing royalty,

Why do smart guys like you not get the point? Nobody has called him footballing royalty nor has anyone suggested we give him a new contract. All we have been saying is, the CAM position is vital to the fortunes of the team, we have very few players in that position and that we should integrate him into the squad until his contract runs out in the summer and we can buy a long term replacement for him. Nobody has even suggested we start him ahead of ESR. What is so hard to understand?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:56 am

swipe right wrote:

Why do smart guys like you not get the point? Nobody has called him footballing royalty nor has anyone suggested we give him a new contract. All we have been saying is, the CAM position is vital to the fortunes of the team, we have very few players in that position and that we should integrate him into the squad until his contract runs out in the summer and we can buy a long term replacement for him. Nobody has even suggested we start him ahead of ESR. What is so hard to understand?

Bollocks to all that
I've read continually by some on here that ESR should never start ahead of Ozil, actually none should be starting ahead of Ozil in that possition as none was seen as good enough in some eyes , it has often been said that Ozil is the best we have best in the league won everything. Thing is he did f**k all last week the week before that the year before that and the year before that ,
Not my problem that peeps cant differentiate that form is everything your past equates to selling books (maybe).
We heard that ESR isnt good enough, before his last run of fixtures well he is doing a fine job ATM and has the possibility to get better with experience although its early days and could go the other way. Interesting that as good as Ozil WAS the club has wanted him out which to me speaks volumes that they dont want him around such an upcoming talent?.
Like I said and asked put up what do you and others see his numbers come the end of season in Turkey?
I expect him to do not much and be injured.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:44 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Bollocks to all that
I've read continually by some on here that ESR should never start ahead of Ozil, actually none should be starting ahead of Ozil in that possition as none was seen as good enough in some eyes , it has often been said that Ozil is the best we have best in the league won everything. Thing is he did f**k all last week the week before that the year before that and the year before that ,
Not my problem that peeps cant differentiate that form is everything your past equates to selling books (maybe).
We heard that ESR isnt good enough, before his last run of fixtures well he is doing a fine job ATM and has the possibility to get better with experience although its early days and could go the other way. Interesting that as good as Ozil WAS the club has wanted him out which to me speaks volumes that they dont want him around such an upcoming talent?.
Like I said and asked put up what do you and others see his numbers come the end of season in Turkey?

Care to share quotes or evidence from posters about the bolded parts?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:56 am

swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Bollocks to all that

No
Look at the quotes of what the guy has won from those who chose to list basicly what he couldn't perform at Arsenal.and you wont go far wrong.
I ain't going to waste my time.
It's one thing to admire or like players, but ever player in what ever sport has a shelf time of use, they all expire with age or other reasons what ever they may be.
Awnser the question what do you expect from Ozil in Turkey?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Bollocks to all that

No
Look at the quotes of what the guy has won from those who chose to list basicly what he couldn't perform at Arsenal.and you wont go far wrong.
I ain't going to waste my time.
It's one thing to admire or like players, but ever player in what ever sport has a shelf time of use, they all expire with age or other reasons what ever they may be.
Awnser the question what do you expect from Ozil in Turkey?

I don’t expect anything from him in turkey. He’s gone for the money and fame and he’ll get plenty of that. Good luck to him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:39 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Can the mods close this thread now otherwise it will go on forever.

Listen, if you don't want to take part in the debate you don't have to. If we choose to continue the debate that is our choice. Stop acting like f***ing girls asking for the thread to be closed.

No disrespect to the actual girls on the forum who no doubt have more cahoonas than some of these punk-ass boys!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:41 am

EliteKiller wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:This saga is far from finished.
Ozil is going to have his say no doubt and this is a decision that Arteta will live or die by. If we finish outside the top 6 and have failed to have a much better second half of the season (in terms of creativity) Ozil's ghost will haunt Arteta and there will be no shortage of people calling him out on it.

Nope - apart from to a handful of fanboys Ozil is now history - he will haunt nobody and be irrelevant when it comes to this season's on field review. Arteta's future is looking solid, Ozil was a Board approved dismissal and that will have bought Arteta loads of credit as he finally ended that sorry saga. Ozil in footballing terms has long since been irrelevant ... as I said it's only the last few fanboys who believe different.

You get nothing but irrational hate from EK in this thread, pointless trying to get anything of sense out of him.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:45 am

Honestly, no different to what they were here. I and others have continually stated the case for Ozil. He is no leader, he needs a support network, he shirks the physical side of things.

If Fenerbace can give him a platform to play, he will create a lot of chances, if they don't - he wont. No different to how things were here. The quality of the league has nothing to do with it. If he has shit players around him he will be shit. If he plays in a shit system he will be shit.

That argument is the same argument I have made for Ozil at Arsenal, aint nothing changed but the weather for him.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:53 am

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Bollocks to all that

You are correct, no player should be starting ahead of Ozil. Thats only the case because for successive seasons Ozil has been marginalised, he has not been given the platform he needs to perform. Not Ozil's fault.

Put ESR in a team that suits his play and put Ozil in a team that suits his play, which one do you think would come out on top. I don't want to hear any excuses.

Its not even a competition, Ozil would wipe the floor with the lad, and so he should. Thats my point, for too many seasons we have not set up to get the best out of Ozil, then people want to complain and criticise Ozil.

ESR is better suited to this current version of Arsenal, the style of play etc, but thats not saying much considering how shit we have been in the past few years.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:00 am

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Can the mods close this thread now otherwise it will go on forever.

Listen, if you don't want to take part in the debate you don't have to. If we choose to continue the debate that is our choice. Stop acting like f***ing girls asking for the thread to be closed.

No disrespect to the actual girls on the forum who no doubt have more cahoonas than some of these punk-ass boys!

You're the only one acting like gal round here.

At the very least, mods can move this to the 'World Football' thread as they have done with the Sokratis thread since he is no longer an Arsenal player.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 am

Look when we resigned Ozil for the astronomical fee Wenger was in charge. It stands to reason that had Wenger still been around he’d have continued to build the team around Ozil. Replaced the likes of Giroud, Sanchez and Ramsey to continue getting the best out of Ozil. But the manager changed and we blew 150 mil on Pepe, Saliba, Guendozi, Torreira, Willian and Luis who do nothing to leverage Ozil’s creativity. Changing times as they say.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club