Emmanuel Adebayor

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Emmanuel Adebayor

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Has said the reason the scum or so shit at home is because of the fans. :rofll:

The Togo striker, speaking after Spurs' 2-1 home defeat against Stoke on Sunday, said the players were afraid to get on the ball during the contest but added Mauricio Pochettino is not to blame for the team's poor form.

Tottenham have also lost at home to West Brom, Newcastle and Liverpool this season and are currently 12th in the Premier League table.

"Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so," said Adebayor.

"At least you know I am going to be having the majority of opposition fans booing me rather than our own fans booing me."

Crikey. Should Spurs ever get their new stadium plans off the ground, it sounds as if they'd be better off organising a ground share in Sunderland while building work goes on.

Clearly realising that his own reputation might undermine his grumbling, Adebayor insisted that it's not just him who's feeling unloved.

"And I am not just talking about me, I am speaking on behalf of all the players," he added.

"I think it might be better to play away from home at the moment because at least we know beforehand we are guaranteed to be booed because they want their home club to win.

"But when you are playing at home and your own fans start booing you after a few minutes then it is harder."

There was a nervous atmosphere from the start at White Hart Lane on Sunday and the fans were quick to vent their frustrations after Bojan Krkic gave Stoke an early lead.

The criticism seemed to affect the players and Pochettino admitted after the match his players "needed a lot of time to recover".

"When you are playing in front of your own crowd you want them to support you," Adebayor said.

"But now it is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home - that's the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go.

"Obviously I was on the bench against Stoke and, though I could not see everything as clear as night, I could see that nobody wanted the ball.

"It's hard for the players. It's not their fault and it's not the fans' fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way at the moment.

"We just have to fight as a team and as a club to find a solution - the quicker the better."

Pochettino had put his faith in Adebayor as his first-choice striker this season but the 30-year-old has scored just twice in 12 appearances.

The talented forward is often criticised for a lack of effort in games but Adebayor insists he always tries his best for the team.

"For 13 years now I've been a professional and I've had to deal with that stick everywhere I've been to," Adebayor said.

"If I make a mistake it doesn't mean I'm lazy, I will always try my best, but the funny thing in football is, when you score two goals everyone is like 'Wow, he's back on form and back to his best'.

"But that's not the point. Even when things aren't going my way I am still trying the same, running around, wanting the ball, jumping to head it and looking to play my football.

"But now because I have missed a couple of chances, people are like 'Whoa, he is not trying and shouldn't be in the first team.'

"As a footballer you have to deal with those things, but it does make you laugh."

Tottenham have now lost five league games already in the current campaign and have seven fewer points than they did under Andre Villas-Boas at the same stage last season.

Villas-Boas was sacked in December last year but Adebayor insists Pochettino is not to blame for the club's poor form.
"Obviously all managers bring their own philosophies, the way they see football, the way they see games," Adebayor said.

"But come on, this the third or fourth manager in two or three years so we just have to stop it now being about the manager.

"He's a good manager and we just have to find a way so that we can try to understand what he wants to tell us and how he wants us to play and put that on the pitch.

"If every player could do what the manager wants then we would win the Champions League but at the moment we are not getting the message.

"To me, he is a good manager and a good man - we just have to get what he is telling us."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ea ... 15351.html

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Our old mate Adebayor.....

Postby Trina » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:44 pm

"For 13 years now I've been a professional and I've had to deal with that stick everywhere I've been to," Adebayor said.

Perhaps try looking at yourself?

I only skimmed the post as I think he is a prick. He said he spoke for "all the team". I doubt it.

Sorry, can't stand the guy. Selfish, arrogant, ignorant and they are the nice words.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Jack The Ripper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Trina wrote:

I only skimmed the post as I think he is a prick. He said he spoke for "all the team". I doubt it.

Sorry, can't stand the guy. Selfish, arrogant, ignorant and they are the nice words.

Totally agree, can't stand him. I never trusted him, he will just leave when he thinks he can get more money, has no loyalty. As a footballer he is average, sure he has some good games where he scores but many games he does nothing and never looks like scoring.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Big fan of his. Well I was when he was here and then we sold him and haven't had a decent striker since

How he is missed.

Come home ade.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Danskin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Prick. From a superstar at Arsenal to being benched at Tottenham by Harry Kane. Got what he deserved,
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby defcon2005 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:23 pm

will be glad when the shadow of this hideous asshole is gone from the premier league forever
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 pm

First class t***er, I hope the WHL mob give him major sh1te next time he plays.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 pm

When it comes time for contract renewal, he'll just flip on this and say the complete opposite like the greedy mercenary he is.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:04 am

Adebayor can complete his transformation into William Gallas by being picked up by Mourinho as 4th choice CF in January :D
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AFC10 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:10 am

Biggest c*** that has ever worn the Arsenal shirt. Im glad he's slowly rotting away at Spurs.

You're not right in the head if you want him back at our club to be honest.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Trunks206 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 am

Propa_Nutcase wrote:
"But now because I have missed a couple of chances, people are like 'Whoa, he is not trying and shouldn't be in the first team.'

"As a footballer you have to deal with those things, but it does make you laugh."

Propa_Nutcase wrote:...
"If every player could do what the manager wants then we would win the Champions League but at the moment we are not getting the message."

https://vine.co/v/Mq5jdnEhtVv

Go home Ade you're drunk. :rofll:
Trunks206
Liam Brady

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Never was a big fan either. Not sure if it was the cultural or language gap with him, but he always came off as an arrogant prick to me. Very Jekyll and Hyde for me also, would score a cracker then fall over his own feet the next time he touched the ball.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Cripps wrote:Big fan of his. Well I was when he was here and then we sold him and haven't had a decent striker since

How he is missed.

Come home ade.

go home cripps you're drunk
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Jack The Ripper wrote:
Trina wrote:

Totally agree, can't stand him. I never trusted him, he will just leave when he thinks he can get more money, has no loyalty. As a footballer he is average, sure he has some good games where he scores but many games he does nothing and never looks like scoring.

He's a player I agree was only with us for the money. He was happy to rot rather than take up a contract for less money elsewhere.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 22-0 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:14 pm

should of died on that bus
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club