Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 31, 2019 8:03 pm

There was an incident when koscielny first came back from injury that i think summed up why we need to offload more Wenger players. I can't remember if i posted it at the time but it made me think about our attitude.

Earlier in the season, we had been squaring up to opponents, arguing with refs and generally being arseholes like in the good old days.

On this occasion, Sokratis had been getting really lairy and Koscielny got him to calm down. It looked like hexwas saying something like 'it doesn't matter, why are you so angry'. The rest of the game sokratis wasn't his normal aggressive self.

I think koscielny's return saw some of the wenger mentality return. Him and ozil would be the first two out of the door. They are both too 'nice' on the pitch and sum up wengers mentality.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 pm

WE have no leader on the pitch, Kos is not one that's for sure, instead of firing them up he is telling them to chill out. His head IS wongerd he just needs to be gone.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri May 31, 2019 8:56 pm

I want to support Kos especially because he did a good job taking over from Mustafi and Holding despite his injury.

But when you some of the EL replays it's clear his old mistakes are still there. I think for the 4th goal he left Hazard wide open while trying to tackle Emerson. It looked like he knew Hazard would beat him for pace so he focused on the other player.

He should get a testimonial match (has it been 10 yrs?) and move to Ligue 1.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:There was an incident when koscielny first came back from injury that i think summed up why we need to offload more Wenger players. I can't remember if i posted it at the time but it made me think about our attitude.

Earlier in the season, we had been squaring up to opponents, arguing with refs and generally being arseholes like in the good old days.

On this occasion, Sokratis had been getting really lairy and Koscielny got him to calm down. It looked like hexwas saying something like 'it doesn't matter, why are you so angry'. The rest of the game sokratis wasn't his normal aggressive self.

I think koscielny's return saw some of the wenger mentality return. Him and ozil would be the first two out of the door. They are both too 'nice' on the pitch and sum up wengers mentality.
It was boxing day:

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Would let him do whatever he wants

Phenomenal defender in his prime, definitely top two in the league at one point and a wonderful servant

We should let him do whatever
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zedie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 pm

I'll miss him because hes a true servant for the club. Man has put his body and mind through absolutely all sorts of torture and turned down a chance to take it easy at Bayern etc. At one point.

His body just isn't capable of leading us anymore however and hes reached the time to move on.

I'll wish him the best of luck and I'll never forget him as a player and a top man who gave his all for the club.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Sims wrote:Would let him do whatever he wants

Phenomenal defender in his prime, definitely top two in the league at one point and a wonderful servant

Phenomenal is Van Djik / Godin (in his prime) / Varane. Koscielny, to me, has never been in that category. Too many big mistakes in important games for my liking. But he's been the best at Arsenal this past decade, absolutely.

Now, when you say "We should let him do whatever", I hope this is not a call like the "Wenger in" brigade who were saying he should be allowed to leave whenever he feels like it?
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby coolaa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:12 am

This guy is 30yrs old+, he should play in serie A
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 am

If he goes I wish him all the best, he is done now though and needs a change of pace.
Nuggets

Postby Sims » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:33 am

Mess wrote:
Sims wrote:Would let him do whatever he wants

Phenomenal is Van Djik / Godin (in his prime) / Varane. Koscielny, to me, has never been in that category. Too many big mistakes in important games for my liking. But he's been the best at Arsenal this past decade, absolutely.

Now, when you say "We should let him do whatever", I hope this is not a call like the "Wenger in" brigade who were saying he should be allowed to leave whenever he feels like it?

I mean if he wants to leave then he should be able to go wherever he wants on a free, we shouldn’t hold him back

Tho if he goes it means Xhaka will be captain
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:24 pm

According to Bild.de (+) we're looking to part ways with Laurent Koscielny. Dortmund are said to be 'very interested' in his services.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Will always appreciate him.

Not quite Sagna level, but probably the second most loyal player we've had in this Emirates era.

He has had quite a few dodgy moments that have cost us dearly, so I don't think I'll ever put him at the same level as Sagna. Yet, it also can't be denied that he was perhaps the best CB in the league at one point.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 am

Apparently Koscielny has refused to travel with the club to the United States on a pre-season tour. The club has released a statement on the matter.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-laurent-koscielny

Things have gone from bad to worse. How much worse is it going to get?
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 am

He can do whatever he wants. We should let him go home, he’s been playing through injuries and injections before every game for the past 4 years
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club