Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:27 pm

With Kos losing the captaincy we can expect numbnuts Xhaka to get the armband, we have had no lucky with captains since Paddy.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:33 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:From what I know about the story so far, the club has definitely handled this the wrong way. Koscielny’s actions are at least understandable.

What have you heard to come to that conclusion?

So far:

*Koscielny's unhappy with the most recent contract that was offered to him
*Koscielny responded by not going on tour with the rest of the team
*The club released a public statement condemning Koscielny's actions

Why is that acceptable for a player? A captain? How are the club in the wrong for this?

I said Koscielny’s actions are understandable but that doesn’t mean I think his actions are right. From the club’s perspective, what do they gain from doing what they did? Imo, I don’t think they took the right course of action here.

Ornstein made a good point about this. They are in a lose lose. They had to release the American tour squad and they could have lied about this and kept it in house but this would have leaked to the press and they still end up looking weak and foolish.

We ask for more communication and clarity and that's what's just happened. The players need to be held accountable and whilst we all have this illusion of them being professional, maybe they are the type to down tools when they feel like it. We have seen the poor performances and attitude on the pitch and maybe sort of thing is regular and they're trying to root it out. Kos is supposed to be captain and supposed to set an example. I'm not focused on what the club could have done to make him act this way, I'm wondering why he feels it's acceptable when he's club captain.

We shouldn't cover for this sort of behaviour because Kos has already disrupted our summer transfer plans and set a poor example to his teammates. The damage has been done and we can't have players throwing their toys out the pram over contract disputes.
Last edited by Power n Glory on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 pm

On balance I prefer they put out a statement than tell an obvious lie.

I dont expect to know about every little row but when its as fundamental as the captain demanding to leave and breaking his contract, yes we should know
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:From what I know about the story so far, the club has definitely handled this the wrong way. Koscielny’s actions are at least understandable.

So far:

Why is that acceptable for a player? A captain? How are the club in the wrong for this?

I said Koscielny’s actions are understandable but that doesn’t mean I think his actions are right. From the club’s perspective, what do they gain from doing what they did? Imo, I don’t think they took the right course of action here.

Ornstein made a good point about this. They are in a lose lose. They had to release the American tour squad and they found have lied about this and kept it in house but this would have leaked to the press and they still end up looking weak and foolish.

We ask for more clarity, communication and clarity and that's what's just happened. The players need to held accountable and whilst we all have this illusion of them being professional, maybe they are the type to down tools when they feel like it. We have seen the poor performances and attitude on the pitch and maybe sort of thing is regular and they're trying to root it out. Kos is supposed to captain and supposed to set an example. I'm not focused on what the club could have down to make him act this way, I'm wondering why he feels it's acceptable when he's club captain.

We shouldn't cover for this sort of behaviour because Kos has already disrupted our summer transfer plans and set a poor example to his teammates. The damage has been done and we can't have players throwing their toys out the pram over contract disputes.

They should have taken that gamble because Arsenal are usually good at keeping secrets. There are times to be transparent and there are times not to be, a sentiment that, imo, probably should have been given more thought considering that we are in an important transfer window.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Dunno how you can expect it to remain secret when your club captain is having a hissy fit and could blurt it out at any moment. I think the club did the right thing.

Kos should feel embarrassed.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm

UFGN wrote:On balance I prefer they put out a statement than tell an obvious lie.

I dont expect to know about every little row but when its as fundamental as the captain demanding to leave and breaking his contract, yes we should know

From Arsenal's POV it was only a matter of time before someone in the media got wind of what transpired behind the scenes.

It looks like the club wanted to avoid such scenario and decided to break the news by releasing a concise, albeit lucid and sharp statement about Koscielny and the club's stance on the status quo.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Dunno how you can expect it to remain secret when your club captain is having a hissy fit and could blurt it out at any moment. I think the club did the right thing.

Kos should feel embarrassed.

Kos wants to go so the club should have began making preparations to let him leave. Kos would have remained silent had he heard that imo. A public statement while the window is still open was unnecessary imo.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

Ornstein made a good point about this. They are in a lose lose. They had to release the American tour squad and they found have lied about this and kept it in house but this would have leaked to the press and they still end up looking weak and foolish.

We ask for more clarity, communication and clarity and that's what's just happened. The players need to held accountable and whilst we all have this illusion of them being professional, maybe they are the type to down tools when they feel like it. We have seen the poor performances and attitude on the pitch and maybe sort of thing is regular and they're trying to root it out. Kos is supposed to captain and supposed to set an example. I'm not focused on what the club could have down to make him act this way, I'm wondering why he feels it's acceptable when he's club captain.

They should have taken that gamble because Arsenal are usually good at keeping secrets. There are times to be transparent and there are times not to be, a sentiment that, imo, probably should have been given more thought considering that we are in an important transfer window.

Have does a statement effect our transfer window? Think about it. Then think about how this really effects the squad and our transfer plans considering we wanted to sell Mustafi and Chambers . Holding isn't fit yet and there are concerns about Mavs development. They're supposed to let Kos walk on a free considering our circumstances? Put the club first for a second.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

Have does a statement effect our transfer window? Think about it. Then think about how this really effects the squad and our transfer plans considering we wanted to sell Mustafi and Chambers . Holding isn't fit yet and there are concerns about Mavs development. They're supposed to let Kos walk on a free considering our circumstances? Put the club first for a second.

If Koscielny ultimately ends up leaving then we would most certainly get less for him than what we could have gotten had the statement not been made. If he stays then we’ll be left with an unhappy player regardless of whether the statement was made or not. The public statement at the time it was made served no purpose the way I see it.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

If Koscielny ultimately ends up leaving then we would most certainly get less for him than what we could have gotten had the statement not been made. If he stays then we’ll be left with an unhappy player regardless of whether the statement was made or not. The public statement at the time it was made served no purpose the way I see it.

We don't want to sell him and he's demanding a free transfer. A free transfer! The transfer fee isn't important because we'd have gotten peanuts for him and left with another massive hole in our defence. He's probably worth less than £8m. He's on his last year of his contract and just come back from a major injury. Despite being old and passed his best, we need back up options because it's a long season and especially with the Europa League to think about.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

We don't want to sell him and he's demanding a free transfer. A free transfer! The transfer fee isn't important because we'd have gotten peanuts for him and left with another massive hole in our defence. He's probably worth less than £8m. He's on his last year of his contract and just come back from a major injury. Despite being old and passed his best, we need back up options because it's a long season and especially with the Europa League to think about.

So do we keep him and risk

1: him refusing to play;
2: paying the wages of a player who probably won’t contribute anything of note if he’s serious about his stance; and
3: him unsettling the rest of the squad?

What happened to not letting another player walk out for free because that looks exactly like what’s going to happen here.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Just ship the ungrateful git out and move on.
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

So do we keep him and risk

1: him refusing to play;
2: paying the wages of a player who probably won’t contribute anything of note if he’s serious about his stance; and
3: him unsettling the rest of the squad?

What happened to not letting another player walk out for free because that looks exactly like what’s going to happen here.

You're not making any sense.

1. As club captain and 'model professional' he should honour his contract regardless of how talks breakdown. Plenty of others have managed to do it without going on strike. And no way should his reputation be protected if does throw his toys out the pram so the club can continue looking bad but Kos walks away looking like the good guy.

2. See the above.

3. See point 1 again.

Kos refusing to train and come on tour forces our hand where we can't keep him and he's already disrupted the club. There was more value in keeping him for one more year than selling him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm

At ManU Young & Valencia,Captains, GONE
at City Vincent Company (Captain), GONE
All of Kos age & Ilk
All club Captains & Mountains of Men,
but all OLD..

diff is Arsenal have low standards set by Kronke, so ManU&ManCity say Goodbye to them at SEASON END,the START of the transfer widow,

Where as Kos has to Remove himself to FORCE Arsenal to get a younger CB, he knows he's not EPL Top6 Quality anymore,

It takes a man to admit it, but Arsenal have too many Weak minded Board members, & Owner.
Looking to Shackle him soon (34yrs) to be Along with Monreal
[Litchstieners in the making, Arsenal Care not if they Burn out on the Field...using these Veterans as SPARE PARTS...Thats Disrespectful]

, where as Liverpool has Teenagers winning the UCL against Barca & the (insert POO EMOJI) UP the road.....
Last edited by Zanatos3 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Headline : Laurent Koscielny: The Reasons Why Arsenal Skipper Is Looking to Leave North London
Writer:Sam Brookes

Pure Speculation from David Ornstein, BBC Reporter, so if you don't value his insight then don;t worry about this.

[url]https://www.90min.com/posts/6409808-laurent-koscielny-the-reasons-why-arsenal-skipper-is-looking-to-leave-north-london?view_source=teams_page&view_medium=[arsenal][/url]

Soliloquie -

" However, BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein claims that it is not just a desire to return to his homeland that caused Koscielny's no-show. "

"Arsenal have signed just one player so far during the transfer window, the 18-year-old Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli. This has left Koscielny questioning the club's ambition, as they prepare for their third straight year in the Europa League next season. "

"The 33-year-old is also said to be frustrated by the way he was rushed back in to action last season following a long-term achilles injury. Koscielny was forced to miss France's triumphant World Cup campaign in 2018 with the issue, but was brought back in to the Arsenal side in December 2018 after a swift recovery."

"Yet he played twice in three days upon his return, a feat that he was asked to do a further five times in the remainder of the season due to Arsenal's lack of defensive options. The experienced defender is believed to feel that this was an unnecessary risk, leading to further friction between himself and the manager."

Remember...David Ornstein Speculation, no official statement for Kos but watching games throughout this season we have some pieces of this puzzle.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club