Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 am

awkward for club and Kos that this drama is being played out publicly. that said, I don't mind Kos not going. we really should be moving him on anyway. he doesn't have enough left in the tank for another EPL and EL campaign.

with just 1 year left, just get some Ligue 1 club to cough up £5m and get his wages off the books.
Last edited by Highbury Hillbilly on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Sims wrote:Maybe we did go back on a promise

Koscielny is one of the most professional players we’ve had

I’m more on the side of the fact that we probably promised he could leave but given we don’t look like we’re bringing in another senior centre half that can take his place, we wanted him to stay

He's showing himself to be very unprofessional with how he's handling this. If you don't get your way, the professional thing to do is carry on with your duties.

It goes both ways

He’s been injured, but he’s also played through injury and been on constant painkillers before every game for the last 4/5 seasons

He’s on the decline, his body is on the decline, he’s been a fantastic servant at the club for nearly a decade and he hasn’t got any real value that someone would be willing to pay given his age and injury history

Just let him go home
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 am

Release him on a free ffs
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby looper007 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 am

I just don't like to see any player f**k us over, that's why I don't forgive someone like Cesc for example like many have of the fanbase have. Sure Kos is finished and he should be sold on, but to behave the way he is doesn't sit right with me. I think what Kos is doing is unprofessional and probably has left his rep in tatters but many have forgiven Cesc for doing the exact same thing, so you never know.

I know many on here would say just let him go and it gets his wages off the book. For me, I let him rot in the stands for the next season just to spite him. This is why we need to be careful going forward to who we give the captains armband too.

Doesn't shock me that you have a few defending him shows how far our fanbase have fallen.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 am

Yay good times!! :(
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 am

Sims wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Sims wrote:Maybe we did go back on a promise

Koscielny is one of the most professional players we’ve had

I’m more on the side of the fact that we probably promised he could leave but given we don’t look like we’re bringing in another senior centre half that can take his place, we wanted him to stay

He's showing himself to be very unprofessional with how he's handling this. If you don't get your way, the professional thing to do is carry on with your duties.

It goes both ways

He’s been injured, but he’s also played through injury and been on constant painkillers before every game for the last 4/5 seasons

He’s on the decline, his body is on the decline, he’s been a fantastic servant at the club for nearly a decade and he hasn’t got any real value that someone would be willing to pay given his age and injury history

Just let him go home

The club releasing a petty statement is unprofessional but in terms of releasing him on a free....they don't have to. He signed a contract and they're within their rights to hold him to it if they feel they can't release him right now. Why leave ourselves in a bad position? I'm sure they're putting the team first and not doing it out of spite. The window is still open so we may be able to sign a replacement but until that happens, he should train with the club as normal and keep it professional. I get that he's had injuries and been a long servant but he's been paid for all the days off injured.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 am

Im on his side. He has been here 10 years, never any bad thing regarding his attitude and professionalism. The people running the club on the other hand are lying cvnts. Im sure they promised him he can go and playing games now. You gonna take the guy who signef neymar and known dodgy character from barca over kos word?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Look up the meaning of professionalism. This is anything but that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Wheels coming off the wagon at Arsenal Football Club. Knew this would happen once Wenger left but didn’t expect it to happen so soon.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:08 pm

gooney best poster of 2k19. i pretty much agree with every post of him during Emery and Raul reign.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:17 pm

gooney wrote:Im on his side. He has been here 10 years, never any bad thing regarding his attitude and professionalism. The people running the club on the other hand are lying cvnts. Im sure they promised him he can go and playing games now. You gonna take the guy who signef neymar and known dodgy character from barca over kos word?

Yeah I back Kos tbh, no idea what’s gone down but he wouldn’t do this without a huge f**k up from the clubs end. He was happy to retire here and give his career to us despite having options elsewhere.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Tbh I don’t even mind, he is sooooo dun out ere. Mustafi aswell they both should go. Hope we sign two new big black CBs.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

to be fair we haven't had a decent captain since Viera. Henry,Gallas,Cesc,RVP,Kos,Merts all trash captains
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

If he has another year and we want him to see it out, then thats what he should do. To suggest we should release him though is ludicrous. We can get a few million or so if a team wants him now.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Laurent Koscielny is close to agreeing personal terms with Rennes. [@GFFN via @ManuLonjon] #afc

Source: @afcstuff
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club