Mathieu Flamini

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Mathieu Flamini

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:19 pm

honestly i cant understand how he played today

not sure how he's rated in the slightest either
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Do we have a worse player than flamini

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Yes
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Only DM we've got that can break up play tbh. I really hope we are going to go back in for Carvalho in January
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:24 pm

what play did flamini break up?
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Barely in Coquelin. He's a relegation candidate standard player. Arteta is better than him in every way.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Danskin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:27 pm

I thought he was at fault for City's first goal. He's just not good enough and is a squad player at best atm - although he was one of our best players in the first-half of last season.

Arteta is better.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Sims wrote:Barely in Coquelin. He's a relegation candidate standard player. Arteta is better than him in every way.

this

i genuinely dont understand how people even say he's a good squad player

i've never seen a player who is unable to read the game, mark, tackle or even jockey like flamini. He was truely atrocious today and has been all season. If this is the guy who's meant to hel against counter attacks i'm shocked he needs to be released asap and that isnt even a joke.

Agueros goal was the most pathetic thing ive ever seen i even pointed out to my mates seconds before the goal that flamini would lose him ofcourse flamini was ball watching and not marking the man. He's a disgrace honestly he is. Next time play chambers play coquelin play f***ing hayden i dont care flamini isnt good enough for premiership football
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Decent squad player as he's shown this and last season.

We have bigger problems than Flamini.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby uvrays » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

He should be used in the last 5 mins of a game with the sole purpose of taking out the opponent's best players. Other than that, hez shit.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Well he's currently starting in the position which is costing us games so he is a massive problem at the minute.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jelly123 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:55 pm

This is all a tad dramatic.

Obviously we need better. Schniederlin or Carvalho would be perfect. But for now Flamini will have to do. He may let people get away from him and be rash with his tackles sometimes, but he does offer passion and help motivate the players around him.

And in regards to the aguero goal you can also question the positioning of both Moneal and Per. It's not like Flamini single handedly gave away a goal while everyone else was doing their jobs perfectly
Jelly123
Michael Thomas

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:03 am

Jelly123 wrote:This is all a tad dramatic.

Obviously we need better. Schniederlin or Carvalho would be perfect. But for now Flamini will have to do. He may let people get away from him and be rash with his tackles sometimes, but he does offer passion and help motivate the players around him.

And in regards to the aguero goal you can also question the positioning of both Moneal and Per. It's not like Flamini single handedly gave away a goal while everyone else was doing their jobs perfectly

your not being serious
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jelly123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 am

Monreal was caught out of position up the pitch, then tried recovering by closing the cross which Kos was already doing. Should've covered across and aimed to get towards the front post. Mert had time to move over once he saw Flamini was gonna lose his man, but didn't until to late.

I'm not saying Flamini didn't mess up. But there were other ways to avoid the goal
Jelly123
Michael Thomas

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:20 am

Jelly123 wrote:Monreal was caught out of position up the pitch, then tried recovering by closing the cross which Kos was already doing. Should've covered across and aimed to get towards the front post. Mert had time to move over once he saw Flamini was gonna lose his man, but didn't until to late.

I'm not saying Flamini didn't mess up. But there were other ways to avoid the goal

flamini should never have lost his man, making excuses is ludicrous

monreal was upfield for a reason due to our strategy and tactics he wasnt poorly positioned and had no chance to get back.

Mertesacker was marking a man and was in the right place had the ball got to his man

it was solely flaminis fault, he did nothing. For someone who's meant to be a dm, flamini cannot position himself, he cant mark tightly, he cant tackle so i'm not sure what part of his game is 'defensive'
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jelly123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:36 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:
Jelly123 wrote:Monreal was caught out of position up the pitch, then tried recovering by closing the cross which Kos was already doing. Should've covered across and aimed to get towards the front post. Mert had time to move over once he saw Flamini was gonna lose his man, but didn't until to late.

flamini should never have lost his man, making excuses is ludicrous

monreal was upfield for a reason due to our strategy and tactics he wasnt poorly positioned and had no chance to get back.

Mertesacker was marking a man and was in the right place had the ball got to his man

it was solely flaminis fault, he did nothing. For someone who's meant to be a dm, flamini cannot position himself, he cant mark tightly, he cant tackle so i'm not sure what part of his game is 'defensive'

I never denied Flamini lost his man. He did. My point is that he wasn't the only one who could've prevented the goal. It was a goal full of mistakes if you break it down

But to say Monreal had no chance of getting back? He tries to close the cross which Kos has already gone out to and nearly gets to it.. If he covered across, which he should've done anyway, rather than running back pointlessly, he has a chance of cutting it out at the front post.

Konscienly could've closed the cross down better.

And in regards to Per, the ball wasn't exactly whipped in at pace. He had plenty of time to step across and go to the danger man. Had the same happened from the opposite side I'm pretty confident Kos would've managed to get across. He's done it plenty of times over the last season or 2.

I'm not denying Flamini's mistake. But I think you can attribute more than just the 1 mistake the conceding of that goal
Jelly123
Michael Thomas

Next

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club