Bacary Sagna ~ Mr. Consistent

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Bacary Sagna leaves Arsenal - Confirmed

Postby Kyle? » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:As much as I appreciate Sagna, I think he took the wrong decision. When all those players were leaving, he kept quiet, stood by us, and gave his extra always on the pitch. Now, when we're finally headed into a new era, he decides to join City. I just feel the timing is wrong. No offence to City, but they're not winning the League this season. If he had stayed, he'd have been the first Legend of the Emirates Era and would have probably seen a League title playing for THE Arsenal himself.

Of course, it's also speculation from my part, but it looks like Sagna picked the wrong time to leave.

One word - Nest egg.

(that's actually two words but you know what I mean)

I don't see what the big conspiracy is really, the man moved for money so on that front yes he should keep quiet but at the same time AFC fans have been embarrassing with their bitterness, the man served us faithfully for years as the best RB around, we have no right to give him grief.

The latest crop of AFC fans have really become very b*tchy, all those Bieber type fans I guess.

We're the only club who consistently abuses former players at every game, that's embarrassing to be frank.

f***ing amen.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby yosifun » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:15 pm

You know what? f**k him, we have a player who started ahead of him for France and IS HAPPY to be at our club.

I hope he enjoys warming the bench at the Etihad.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Damn, the butthurt is strong. Sagna warming the bench is unlikely because City's defense is weak aside from Zabaleta and maybe Kompany (whose form has declined).
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:As much as I appreciate Sagna, I think he took the wrong decision. When all those players were leaving, he kept quiet, stood by us, and gave his extra always on the pitch. Now, when we're finally headed into a new era, he decides to join City. I just feel the timing is wrong. No offence to City, but they're not winning the League this season. If he had stayed, he'd have been the first Legend of the Emirates Era and would have probably seen a League title playing for THE Arsenal himself.

Of course, it's also speculation from my part, but it looks like Sagna picked the wrong time to leave.

One word - Nest egg.

I don't see what the big conspiracy is really, the man moved for money so on that front yes he should keep quiet but at the same time AFC fans have been embarrassing with their bitterness, the man served us faithfully for years as the best RB around, we have no right to give him grief.

The latest crop of AFC fans have really become very b*tchy, all those Bieber type fans I guess.

We're the only club who consistently abuses former players at every game, that's embarrassing to be frank.

Agreed, DG.

I'll cringe when the boo boys boo him at the Emirates. We should just let it go. He gave us 6 years. He was world class during most of that period. Ultimately, he helped us win the FA Cup and end our drought. And after that, he's decided to leave. Nothing big. Just get over it, fellow Gooners.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 am

sagna's offensive play held us back for years

i'm glad he's gonne to be fair, i didnt think i would but he really isnt that good
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

One word - Nest egg.

I would'nt say we are the only club that do it but for me it is a worrying trend that was never the arsenal way
We always used to at best give ex players a good reception at worst ignore
Stapleton was the exception for moving to a man utd side that had no greater chance of winning things than us
It cheapens us to behave in this neurotic fashion
We are the arsenal and are better than that
Some bright sparks were even giving Reyes grief at the emirates cup
Certain people look around see others do it and the old sheep mentality kicks in
This was never our way and it needs to stop
I know I'm a bit old school but I even hate referencing spurs at our games
It gives them an oxygen of respectability they don't deserve
I think about them when we play them
And as for who are ya's to crystal palace fans?
Oh please!
They don't exist
When flys are round a lion they ain't going out to eat them
Bigger fish to fry from a bigger better club
Remember who you are
That's the important thing and what you represent
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

RVP, Togocunt and Nasri deserve all the shit they get for the way they treated the club and the fans. Sagna doesn't deserve to be booed, he gave us his service and left so now we should just forget about him. I don't respect him as he clearly left for money but he didn't just bugger off without giving his all over many seasons and hasn't said any shit about the club or fans since leaving.

If Sagna just keeps his head down and enjoys his time at City then there should be no problem. Completely different to the others and notice Kolo never gets booed, at City or at Liverpool.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:19 pm

So much bitterness. Embarrassing.

He didnt left for the money. He went to Man City because he has a better chance of winning the league with them.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:33 pm

He so left for the money.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Personally I think he left for the money but I don't care, its his business.

Sagna was fantastic for us for a long time, seen out his contract, and left. He owes us nothing. Good luck to him.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 pm

sagna deserves to be booed more than van persie
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Dejan wrote:So much bitterness. Embarrassing.

He didnt left for the money. He went to Man City because he has a better chance of winning the league with them.

Yeah, I'm sure the £130k p/w they're paying him had nothing to do with it. :dizzy:

Obviously there may well be footballing reasons but I hate how he's come out and said that money wasn't a factor. It clearly was. If he just admitted it I'd hold so much more respect for him rather than seeing him try and make excuses to the fans.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm

The fact he mentions how he was on the same money with us for years pretty much confirms he moved for the money.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Yeah as much as i loved Sagna he stitched himself up big time by opening his mouth.

Its pretty obvious he left for the money and an easier ride to a massive trophy.

Players who feel the need to justify their moves are the ones who often end up regretting them.

Sagna had a 3 year deal on increased wages and the chance to become an Arsenal legend and arguably our greatest ever RB...And he blew it.

He doesn't deserve to be booed but he doesn't deserve anymore respect.

Thanks for the memories Bac.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:10 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Yeah as much as i loved Sagna he stitched himself up big time by opening his mouth.

Its pretty obvious he left for the money and an easier ride to a massive trophy.

Players who feel the need to justify their moves are the ones who often end up regretting them.

Sagna had a 3 year deal on increased wages and the chance to become an Arsenal legend and arguably our greatest ever RB...And he blew it.

He doesn't deserve to be booed but he doesn't deserve anymore respect.

Thanks for the memories Bac.

Yup
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club