Bacary Sagna ~ Mr. Consistent

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Bacary Sagna leaves Arsenal - Confirmed

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Spot on.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:14 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Yeah as much as i loved Sagna he stitched himself up big time by opening his mouth.

Its pretty obvious he left for the money and an easier ride to a massive trophy.

Players who feel the need to justify their moves are the ones who often end up regretting them.

Sagna had a 3 year deal on increased wages and the chance to become an Arsenal legend and arguably our greatest ever RB...And he blew it.

He doesn't deserve to be booed but he doesn't deserve anymore respect.

Thanks for the memories Bac.

Sums it up perfectly. He would have been far better off by just keeping quiet.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Indeed.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Ugh, get over it folks. This is getting embarrassing. We're acting liked the dumped girlfriend/boyfriend here.

He's gone. Finished.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Callum wrote:
Dejan wrote:So much bitterness. Embarrassing.

He didnt left for the money. He went to Man City because he has a better chance of winning the league with them.

Yeah, I'm sure the £130k p/w they're paying him had nothing to do with it. :dizzy:

Obviously there may well be footballing reasons but I hate how he's come out and said that money wasn't a factor. It clearly was. If he just admitted it I'd hold so much more respect for him rather than seeing him try and make excuses to the fans.

If it was for the money he already could of went to any oil club years back when he was the best on the planet.

City finished above us for the last 4 f***ing seasons and some gooners still refuse to believe he left for footballing reasons. Truellly patethic.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Dejan, he practically admitted it himself.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:51 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Dejan, he practically admitted it himself.

Yes because goal.com is suddenly the most reliable source that never twists any words.

This is their quote:

"Can you find one player in Europe who stayed six years on the same contract? That's what I did and I never asked for anything"

The interviewer probably said that some people may think now he is going for the money and with his answer is nothing wrong.

If he was such a money grabbing c***, why didnt he leave years before to get the money? He could of gone to any club in the world when he was at his peak. Why didnt he ever ask for a new contract with more money?

He spent 7 years here, always giving his full 110%, never winning any major trophy(inb4 fa cup, please shut up). City finished above us the last 4 years(winning it 2 times) and if you ask me they will finish above us the majority of the upcoming years aswell. Professionals, especially of his quality, want to win the biggest trophies possible.If you spent 7 years without winning the league I can imagine your patience has ran out.

I guess some gooners still refuse to believe that City has a better team and has been for years and anyone going there is automatically a money grabbing c***, yet they have won the league twice and were still stuck at zero.

I hope he gets a good reception at the Emirates. No need to be bitter.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:00 pm

I said myself that I don't doubt that footballing reasons were part of his decision, but what bugs me is that he's come out and tried to justify himself to Arsenal fans by claiming that the money didn't matter. It clearly did, even if Manchester City are a more attractive proposition than us in a footballing sense. I'm sure both factors were part of his decision. If he'd just kept his mouth shut then I'd respect him a lot more. It's patronising when he tries to appeal to the fans of the club he just left to join their title rivals.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Clarky » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Dejan calm down mate.

Yes he spent 7 years at arsenal but 2 of those he was out with a broken leg. Not his fault granted but still sitting on the sidelines getting paid.

Question - How did Man City get where they are today?
Answer - Paying huge sums of money in wages.

All those players that first came (Robinho etc) in would never have signed for Man City if they were offered £50-£60k a week. But when flashed £120k-£150k they will stand up and take notice.

Now I'm not saying Sagna left for purely money but what I am saying is to ignore the fact it had something to do with it is stupid.
Clarky
Patrick Vieira

Postby mitchf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 pm

If it's true Sagna was offered a three year deal, we should be celebrating his departure, not dreading it.
mitchf
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Dejan wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Dejan, he practically admitted it himself.

Yes because goal.com is suddenly the most reliable source that never twists any words.

This is their quote:

"Can you find one player in Europe who stayed six years on the same contract? That's what I did and I never asked for anything"

The interviewer probably said that some people may think now he is going for the money and with his answer is nothing wrong.

If he was such a money grabbing ****, why didnt he leave years before to get the money? He could of gone to any club in the world when he was at his peak. Why didnt he ever ask for a new contract with more money?

He spent 7 years here, always giving his full 110%, never winning any major trophy(inb4 fa cup, please shut up). City finished above us the last 4 years(winning it 2 times) and if you ask me they will finish above us the majority of the upcoming years aswell. Professionals, especially of his quality, want to win the biggest trophies possible.If you spent 7 years without winning the league I can imagine your patience has ran out.

I guess some gooners still refuse to believe that City has a better team and has been for years and anyone going there is automatically a money grabbing ****, yet they have won the league twice and were still stuck at zero.

I hope he gets a good reception at the Emirates. No need to be bitter.

I'm not bitter at all.

I don't really blame any of our players for leaving.

Just looking at the facts.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:12 pm

He left for a retirement nest egg, I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

He stayed here because he had it good and he was loyal player, he was 1st choice and the manager always backed him as did the fans.

This is his last big contract now he's in his 30's, no surprise he went for the team who offered him the most money ......... coincidence I think not.

To Sagna it was too good of an opportunity to turn down, what other club is dumb enough to pay a RB in his 30's over 100k per week.

Sagna probably couldn't believe his luck, take the money and run I say.

Good luck to him he deserves it.

PS: If money wasn't the reason then why was he in negotiations with AFC? he would of stayed if we had matched Cities wage offer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:He left for a retirement nest egg, I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

He stayed here because he had it good and he was loyal player, he was 1st choice and the manager always backed him as did the fans.

This is his last big contract now he's in his 30's, no surprise he went for the team who offered him the most money ......... coincidence I think not.

To Sagna it was too good of an opportunity to turn down, what other club is dumb enough to pay a RB in his 30's over 100k per week.

PS: If money wasn't the reason then why was he in negotiations with AFC? he would of stayed if we had matched Cities wage offer.

He could of gone to Russia, PSG or Qatar and earned more.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Dejan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:He left for a retirement nest egg, I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

He could of gone to Russia, PSG or Qatar and earned more.

He can earn just as much and win the Prem at City though.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Clarky wrote:Dejan calm down mate.

Yes he spent 7 years at arsenal but 2 of those he was out with a broken leg. Not his fault granted but still sitting on the sidelines getting paid.

Question - How did Man City get where they are today?
Answer - Paying huge sums of money in wages.

All those players that first came (Robinho etc) in would never have signed for Man City if they were offered £50-£60k a week. But when flashed £120k-£150k they will stand up and take notice.

Now I'm not saying Sagna left for purely money but what I am saying is to ignore the fact it had something to do with it is stupid.

Sagna missed 197 days football in total with his 2 broken legs
How is that 2 years?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club