The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal,
or come in and read all about your beloved club Arsenal.

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 am

Anybody that thinks RVP is even close to Henry, either never saw Henry play, or needs their head examined.

RVP isn't, wasn't and never will be anywhere near Henry's quality.
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby bige1919 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 am

Leody wrote:Anybody that thinks RVP is even close to Henry, either never saw Henry play, or needs their head examined.

RVP isn't, wasn't and never will be anywhere near Henry's quality.


This is the truth. Felt like every game I watched, Henry would win it for us. I haven't had that feel in a long time about an Arsenal player.
bige1919
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby AAIRE99 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:28 am

Henry was a great player, he should have won world player of the year at least once.

I think van persie is close to Henry though, not much in it.

Henry is not the best striker ever either.
User avatar
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby ItsOnlyRayParlour » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 pm

billo2007 wrote:Henry was a great player, he should have won world player of the year at least once.

I think van persie is close to Henry though, not much in it.

Henry is not the best striker ever either.


2004 was the year for me, don't even think Barcelona won anything that year and we'd just went a season unbeaten then Ronaldinho got it :?
User avatar
ItsOnlyRayParlour
Patrick Vieira
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby ProudGunner » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 am

ItsOnlyRayParlour wrote:
billo2007 wrote:Henry was a great player, he should have won world player of the year at least once.

I think van persie is close to Henry though, not much in it.

Henry is not the best striker ever either.


2004 was the year for me, don't even think Barcelona won anything that year and we'd just went a season unbeaten then Ronaldinho got it :?


Yeah it was very unfair :)
ProudGunner
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:36 am

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Tony_Adams » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:23 am

I always thought a front three with Henry and Ronaldinho either side of fat Ronaldo would be awesome. Had that line up on Championship Managera few times :cloud9:
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35216
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I always thought a front three with Henry and Ronaldinho either side of fat Ronaldo would be awesome. Had that line up on Championship Managera few times :cloud9:


This front 3 would just be unfair. It would literally dominate world football until it was broken up.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:36 am

It probably wouldn't
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36377
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Tony_Adams » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:40 am

Massa wrote:It probably wouldn't


Yeah, they're all a bit old now :hiding:
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35216
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby sophie21 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:29 pm

He's the most talented player I've ever seen so far. Very well skilled and is so smart.
User avatar
sophie21
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby laura01 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Leody wrote:Anybody that thinks RVP is even close to Henry, either never saw Henry play, or needs their head examined.

RVP isn't, wasn't and never will be anywhere near Henry's quality.


RVP is a quality player, one of the best as well. But I don't think he's even close on how smart Henry is.
User avatar
laura01
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby ArsenalNo1Fan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm

rvp is decent compared to henry. Henry had everything rvp had plus more.
ArsenalNo1Fan
 

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby VCC » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:11 pm

ArsenalNo1Fan wrote:rvp is decent compared to henry. Henry had everything rvp had plus more.

Bergkamp & Henry :cloud9:
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7634
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Andrewwww14 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:27 pm

happy birthday KING!! miss him so much!!

Image
User avatar
Andrewwww14
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:02 am

Re: The Thierry Henry ZONE!

Postby Zenith » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Happy Birthday, 36 today.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31229
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest