The Invincibles

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

The Invincibles

Postby Leody » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 pm

I don't know if anything like this exists, but I was wondering if there is a place where I could find the full 90' game film for every match that year...

Anybody know of anything like this? I have the DVD obviously, but I wanted a chance to see more of the movement and defending that squad did.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Re: The Invincibles

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm

The only thing I could think of is contacting the premier league for that info. They would have had the tv rights and would be in control of the archive footage.

Not sure if it would work but worth a try....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm

If it was last year or so you may have got lucky with t*rrents Leo but i am afraid you will not be able to get every game on DVD.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Hmm i'm sure there are folks who have actually recorded all these games back in the day but whether they are all on the net, I very much doubt so... perhaps in one of those premium membership [´´protected´´] forums but certainly not on a free warez/torrent website.

After all, like Zedie said - anyone who shares these games online could get into some serious legal troubles.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Serious cash could be made if they did decide to put them out on DVD.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Serious cash could be made if they did decide to put them out on DVD.

Better make sure Kroenke/Gazidis don't read this!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby billie86 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Even with just highlights of the games you can see our movement was far superior especially in the attacking third. Our movement up front was non existent against wigan the other day, ive noticed it a few times that when we have the ball in midfiled there is a monsterous gap between them and the striker and wingers. Podolski, walcott and ox all seem to want to play on the last man and get through on goal rather than coming short to collect the ball from the midfield, imo podolski and ox (or whoevers is on the wing) should be coming inside and giving the midfield options to pass to. The old arsenal always seemed to have 2 passes available at least whenever we had the ball but nowadays a lot of the time the only option is backwards and i think this is a major factor. Pires and ljungberg would drop and link up play behind the strikers but that doesn't happen now, if ox or poldi would come short to make an option for a pass it will drag the opposition left and right backs with them, this is where gibbs and sagna can exploit the space.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Surely something like this would exist? I mean, Spurs make a DVD whenever they complete a pass, so surely we've got one for doing something no one has ever done before?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby billie86 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:58 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Surely something like this would exist? I mean, Spurs make a DVD whenever they complete a pass, so surely we've got one for doing something no one has ever done before?

But how many hours of footage can be put on a dvd? Over the course of a season its around 3420 minutes +, that would be some boxset
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah I've seen bootleg boxsets of wwe raw/smackdown episodes on Craigslist of entire years so that's over 6000 min boxsets lol.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:19 pm

billie86 wrote:Even with just highlights of the games you can see our movement was far superior especially in the attacking third. Our movement up front was non existent against wigan the other day, ive noticed it a few times that when we have the ball in midfiled there is a monsterous gap between them and the striker and wingers. Podolski, walcott and ox all seem to want to play on the last man and get through on goal rather than coming short to collect the ball from the midfield, imo podolski and ox (or whoevers is on the wing) should be coming inside and giving the midfield options to pass to. The old arsenal always seemed to have 2 passes available at least whenever we had the ball but nowadays a lot of the time the only option is backwards and i think this is a major factor. Pires and ljungberg would drop and link up play behind the strikers but that doesn't happen now, if ox or poldi would come short to make an option for a pass it will drag the opposition left and right backs with them, this is where gibbs and sagna can exploit the space.

Yeah, there's no doubting that the attacking movement was much better. I was looking to see more of the overall flow of play throughout the full match though. Along with the defensive tactics.

I've watched the Unbeaten DVD a couldn't tell you how many times, so the difference in the goal scoring movements are very obvious to me. ;)
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 pm

I wonder if the club has the rights to sell every game in full on DVD? it would be a real money maker! I have 9 games from all comps recorded live from 2003/04 on DVD plus Martin Keown's testimonial. I always recorded matches and kept most of them if they were good games, going back to 1996/97. Although when i stopped using VHS a lot of them just got binned as i had so many to transfer to DVD.

The new 'Arsenal's greatest premiership games' DVD has some good extended match highlights from the start of the league over 3 discs.
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:11 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone