Kolo Toure

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Kolo Toure

Postby Libertine » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:30 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
Libertine wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:If your talking about Gallas then thats an unfair comment .

Which bit?
Sorry mate i miss read the bit about asking to leave Arsenal :oops: i read it as you wouldnt get Kolo asking to leave but Gallas would :?

I probably didn't make it clear what i meant (sometimes what sounds right when i say it, don'y look right on the page)

What i was getting at is: I can see a time when Fabregas wants to leave Arsenal, I can see a time when Van Persie wants to leave Arsenal, but i don't get that feeling with Toure.
I get the impression that he's here for good.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cheese » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 pm

I agree with that Toure is one of the players who could be here until the end of his career, also i would like to think Gael Clichy would be aswell but i thought that about Cashley
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:57 pm

They don't call him King for nothing. And sendoros did play better last night, but he still scares me. He still had a couple of mistakes, and I would still like to see Wenger add a CB during the transfer season. I believe our defense is good, but I don't think it is in a good enough form atm to win the league. We are still vulnerable to the counter attack deep ball, our offside trap might back fire against some of the top EPL teams. We need to tighten that up a bit.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby chrisbishop69 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 pm

yer i think senderous is the slowest player in the world
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:20 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
Libertine wrote:Toure is a brilliant player and a really nice bloke too.
He should be our full-time captain.
Unlike some other players, i don't really see a scenario where he asks to leave Arsenal.
I actually think he's got an outside chance of breaking Spider's appearance record.

If your talking about Gallas then thats an unfair comment because Gallas has the whole team behind him and everyone speaks highly of him, he was the one who started the full time huddle and he is always organising get togethers so the players bond with each other.
I like Kolo i think he is our best defender and if it was me i would have put him as captain but Arsene mad his decision and the hole squad including Gilberto and Toure seem to be happy with.

Im inclined to agree with Libertine on both points, Senderos had a great game last night.
And Kolo or Gilberto should have got teh captaincy & maybe Gallas down the pecking order slightly & get the vice captaincy, both Kolo & Gilberto have shown our club loyalty next to none, and have also proved their worth on the pitch.

Im not saying Gallas is a bad captain, but he has only been with us 2 seasons & is so injury prone its unreal, On top of that all he did during the summer was blag his gob off to the press, and as good as slag off the younger players for lack of experience ect...(how much they are proving him wrong on current form!) we'd just lost one ego, we didnt need another.
It wouldnt suprise me if the captaincy was given to him as a bargaining tool just like it was with Thierry after Paddy left.
Fair enough we lose Toure for 6wks on ACN duties but he is a player who is rarely injured, he's consistent, dont often have a bad game, works his socks off and has also got the respect of the dressing room.
No-one is denying the talent or leadership qualities Gallas has, but we need a captain who isnt going to be constantly injured or one who is likely to throw his toys out of the pram & demand a transfer ...just like he did at chelski.
We need some stability in this role.

And the huddles were around long before Gallas joined our club.
Kudos to him that he is helping get the togetherness & team spirit back, but i wouldnt say that is all down to him, as Cesc said in a recent interview, a cloud was lifted once Thierry left.

:flag:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:03 am

Certainly the most underrated CB in Arsenal club history. His debut was awesome btw, ran around like mad and just seemed to pop up everyehere chasing the ball.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:49 am

Tony Adams wrote:Certainly the most underrated CB in Arsenal club history. His debut was awesome btw, ran around like mad and just seemed to pop up everyehere chasing the ball.

I remember that he was like billy wizz all over the place.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am

:hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 am

Angelito wrote: