old arsenal games on tv

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

old arsenal games on tv

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:35 pm

thought it maybe interesting to build an archive of our games on tv.
it will only really be relevent pre sky because you pretty much have access to all game now.
if any 1 can post links i would appreciate as i don,t know how to do it or fill in gaps here goes
1970/71
man utd[h] w 4-0
my 1st game
i was in the northbank
found it on you tube from espn classic with full highlights though it was on match of the day
there is a match of the day listings page where they tell you all the games that were shown each week.
if there is a black line under the game you can click on it and it will show you the goals from an old series called match of the 70,s. only learned yesterday that man utd goalkeeper alex stepney went off injured and david sadler[an outfield player went in goal.
even though it happened in front of me i had,nt remembered.
chelsea[a] l 2-1 was on big match but could only find john hollins opening chelsea goal
spurs[h] w 2-0 match of t day
lazio[h] w 2-0 was on midweek itv but not found
stoke[a] l 5-0 match of t day
newcastle[a]1-1 big match
itv used to show a london game as main match and brief highlights of regional games this was such but not found.
everton[h] w 4-0 match of t day
derby[h] w 2-0 big match[ full highlights
liverpool[h] big match full highlights
wolves [h] 2-1 [grahams goal is in his section of 5001 arsenal goals,radfords goal is in his
man utd[a] w 3-1 match of the day
southampton [h] 0-0 full highlights big match
yeovil[a] fa cup w 3-0[ not sure if this was on but it may well have been.it was listed on a midweek match website it was played on a weds at 3 pm as the non league side had insufficient floodlights]if it was on it would have been bbc but not found[just found radfords 2 goals in his section on the 5001 arsenal goals video] ray kennedys goal is in his section as well
huddersfield[a] l 2-1 match of the day
man city[h] w 1-0 big match full highlights
portsmouth[a] 1-1 fa cup match of the day not found
man city [a] fa cup 2-1
this game was on sportsnight because i remember watching it on a filthy night on a heavy pitch charlie george scored a cracker[he got both our goals] david coleman was commentating[its on the charlie george section of 5001 arsenal goals]
derby [a] l 2-0 match of the day not found
leicester[a]0-0 fa cup
match of the day not found
leicester[h] w 1-0 fa cup replay[its in the charlie george section of 5001 arsenal goals]
crystal palace [a] w 2-0 big match full highlights
stoke[fa cup semi 2-2] big match full highlights
stoke replay w 2-0 was also shown but not found[george grahams goal is in his section on 5001 arsenal goals] ray kennedys goal is in his section
chelsea [h] w 2-0 big match full highlights
after my 1st game in the northbank i went to the rest of the games that season in the clockend
the crowd was 62,000 my grandad took me to this game. a reserve fixture was put on before.
by the time the chelsea game kicked off my grandad thought it was unsafe for a 7 year old so he took me out.
he was right all i could see were peoples legs.
southampton[a] w 2-1 was a regional game on big match not found
newcastle[h] w 1-0 match of the day
west brom[a] 2-2 was regional game on big match goal highlights are on there
spurs[a] w 1-0
amazing in this day and age but league games were never shown in midweek
despite us needing to avoid defeat or scoring draw to win league this only exists on news clips
liverpool w 2-1 fa cup final this was shown live on bbc and itv
bit of an undertaking but hugely enjoyable watching the old games.
if its of interest i will do it season by season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club