Records Arsenal hold

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Records Arsenal hold

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:52 pm

To be fair SE, a lot of Gooners who never bat an eye over a draw away are flabbergasted by losing a 4-0 lead. I think all criticism in this case is very warranted.

I agree with the rest though.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm

SE13 wrote:I think we hold the record for the most negative fans in the universe.

Also the record amount of fans that can't believe that Arsenal can drop points.

The record for the amount of "fans" that don't believe there was an Arsenal before Wenger, though this is vastly surpassed by ManUre fans that don't know that there was football before 1993.

And the pin drop test says that seating did Arsenal fans no good at all, yes there were terraces once, and yes we did make a ferocious noise, so from going to one of the loudest and hostile grounds to the most timid in the shortest space of time must be a record too.

Lol so true.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Never Jay. I haven't been home in years, let alone go to the Grove. I haven't been to an Arsenal game in 15 years. :redface:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Never Jay. I haven't been home in years, let alone go to the Grove. I haven't been to an Arsenal game in 15 years. :redface:

Now that your Mrs has left (for me I might add) you should be able to afford the trip now. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Never Jay. I haven't been home in years, let alone go to the Grove. I haven't been to an Arsenal game in 15 years. :redface:

Now that your Mrs has left (for me I might add) you should be able to afford the trip now. ;)

She cleaned out the bank account before she left. Slapper.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Arsenal games even in Highbury were often quiet. It wasn't called the library for nothing. I think you will find my complaint has very often been the loud, very loud, boos towards some of our players.

I may have to watch on telly but I have pretty good hearing thank you very much.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Sections 5 & 6 are quite load, I believe that is where Briggsy sits, the rest is pretty quiet
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Gunner Down Under wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:yes we were inch,new record
first team to lose a four goal lead ever yes i mean ever :crybaby:

No true. In fact, it happened quite recently.

Angola vs Mali, African Cup of Nations 2010.

Mali came back starting on the 78th minute.

it must be club football so :think:
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Arsenal games even in Highbury were often quiet. It wasn't called the library for nothing. I think you will find my complaint has very often been the loud, very loud, boos towards some of our players.

I may have to watch on telly but I have pretty good hearing thank you very much.

You might have a good hearing mate, but I am sure you will agree that you don't the whole picture when you watch the game on TV.

My ex-boss is a *** and he went to 2 Arsenal games last season, even he was pretty impressed by the noise that our fans made. Coming from a sp*rs fan, that is high praise indeed I would say.

Read Gooses post.

I know people who still head over to London once in a while, and people who live there. And yes the Emirates has a bad rep for a reason. It's not just me or SE having a moan about the old days.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Jay22 wrote:SE, Fab - when was the last time you went to an Arsenal game, at the Grove?

I won't ever go.

My last game at Highbury was the Southampton game and it was my last home game, I've never been since, nor will again until there are terraces. I disagree with seats, so you'll not find me setting foot inside the lifeless bowl until that changes. (I've been to Cardiff for the semi, and a few choice away games since, and abused the sitting rule at places I know I can stand, though Hull a couple of seasons ago nearly brought another visit to the magistrates)

I'm bringing my oldest daughter down to London next month, we'll walk round Ashburton Grove and clear off again, and spend less time there than looking around what's left of the home of football.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 pm

SE13 wrote:
Jay22 wrote:SE, Fab - when was the last time you went to an Arsenal game, at the Grove?

I won't ever go.

My last game at Highbury was the Southampton game and it was my last home game, I've never been since, nor will again until there are terraces. I disagree with seats, so you'll not find me setting foot inside the lifeless bowl until that changes. (I've been to Cardiff for the semi, and a few choice away games since, and abused the sitting rule at places I know I can stand, though Hull a couple of seasons ago nearly brought another visit to the magistrates)

I'm bringing my oldest daughter down to London next month, we'll walk round Ashburton Grove and clear off again, and spend less time there than looking around what's left of the home of football.

to be pretty honest ive been to 2 games at the emirates and there was a brilliant atmosphere for west ham last season especially and you can always hear the fans singing on tv aswell so i really think tihnk lifeless bowl is an over exxageration
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 pm

shamrock11 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

I won't ever go.

to be pretty honest ive been to 2 games at the emirates and there was a brilliant atmosphere for west ham last season especially and you can always hear the fans singing on tv aswell so i really think tihnk lifeless bowl is an over exxageration

Quite clearly you aren't old enough to remember terraces then, because if that's an atmosphere, I'm a librarian.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

SE13 wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

I won't ever go.

Quite clearly you aren't old enough to remember terraces then, because if that's an atmosphere, I'm a librarian.

i suppose i am only fifteen but atm the emirates has one of the best atmospheres of the top clubs in europe
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Shame this one is at Shit State Lane, but you can never tire of pissing on the yids.... But the atmosphere was like this for all the game back in our day:

And not for the few seconds after a free kick award or goal.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

:doh:

In the Prem maybe, although that's not really saying much these days. But not accross Europe. There's been videos posted by fans from some fo the Eastern Europen leagues. They have lots of terraces and f**k-all rules. I'd be surprised if anyone leaves the stadium without blood trickling from their ears!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club