True Ledge Petit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

True Ledge Petit

Postby djaxster » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has revealed that success on the pitch brought him in to a world of swinging parties and 'unbelievable debauchery' on rich Arabs' yachts where cocaine was freely available.

The World Cup winner, who played for Arsenal between 1997 and 2000, helping the club to a League and Cup double in 1998, has revealed the potential trappings of a successful footballer in his autobiography 'A Fleur de Peau'.

Petit, who formed a fearsome partnership in the Arsenal central midfield with a young Patrick Vieira, claims that he 'went off the rails' after hitting the heights of fame and adulation in the wake of the national team's World Cup victory on home soil in 1998.
"On my days off I discovered the parallel world of Parisian nights – private soirees, swapping clubs," says Petit.
"They often went on in incredibly luxurious apartments whose owners I didn't even know – but everyone recognised me."
But in a tell-all volume, Petit admits that his dalliances with the opposite sex were not restricted to the French capital.
Even at the Sopwell House hotel in St Albans, Herts, close to Arsenal's training ground, Petit found time to indulge in a spot of relaxation in the games room there.
"This pretty girl came regularly," says Petit. "We had a relationship one day in the snooker room. The next morning, the director and his staff welcomed me with applause.
"He said the room had cameras but reassured me that, as an Arsenal fan, he wouldn’t make the slightest use of it."
Of his time being courted by the high rollers from affluent Arab families a trips to their yachts, Petit maintains that he was not involved in drug taking, but admits it had been made available to him had he been interested.
"They had only top models on board and cocaine everywhere," he says. "I didn’t take any. The wealthy owners had a great time humiliating the young women in the worst of ways."
Petit married actress girlfriend Agathe de la Fontaine in 2000 and during last season appeared on British screens as a match-day pundit for Setanta's Premier League coverage.
After leaving Arsenal Petit had spells with real Madrid and Chelsea before a knee injury forced him to retire from playing in 2005.
:hail:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... layer.html
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: True Ledge Petit

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 am

The Director & Staff welcomed his sexcepades on a Pool Table with applause the next day?

As in (at the time) Lady Bracewell-Smith?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 am

I completely forgot he played for Chelscum. I must have blanked that out of my memory!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:25 am

UFGN wrote:I completely forgot he played for Chelscum. I must have blanked that out of my memory!

This...

Although now I'm reading it, I do recall it.

What a t***er :hiding:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 am

Yeah, he wen't to Barca as well for those that don't remember, not Real Madrid...

A complete TIT IMO.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:16 am

djaxster wrote:After leaving Arsenal Petit had spells with real Madrid and Chelsea before a knee injury forced him to retire from playing in 2005.
:hail:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... layer.html

there goes the credibility of the article... getting a fact wrong that is pretty widely known and would have taken 5 seconds to look up on wiki
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby djaxster » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Ha Ha f***ing Telegraph for you.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 pm

djaxster wrote:Ha Ha f***ing Telegraph for you.

Well not really, despite their tory tendancies, jounalistically they are usually one of the good guys. But this is sloppy.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Forest » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:10 pm

UFGN wrote:I completely forgot he played for Chelscum. I must have blanked that out of my memory!

He was pretty shit and injury prone if i remember correctly.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Libertine » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:The Director & Staff welcomed his sexcepades on a Pool Table with applause the next day?

Petit's referring to the people that run Sopwell House, not Arsenal.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Libertine wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:The Director & Staff welcomed his sexcepades on a Pool Table with applause the next day?

Petit's referring to the people that run Sopwell House, not Arsenal.

You're certain about this? Cos I think he needs to be clearer personally... lol
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 am

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Raya/Ramsdale