Marc Overmars

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Marc Overmars

Postby Nuggets » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:05 am

Goonerred wrote:To be honest, there's no place for that kind of sexual harassment anywhere.

True, that's deplorable needs a slap for that if true.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:30 am

Goonerred wrote:To be honest, there's no place for that kind of sexual harrassment anywhere.

True. A lot of people still don't know what sexual harassment is. But when it comes to the working environment, a code of conduct has been known for decades now. That stigma of 'flirting' with your secretary goes way back to the Clinton and Lewinsky scandal. Overmars is old enough to know better. He's not some kid with a new phone.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:21 am

I've heard that people do it, but I just don't get why anyone would do that in any circumstances.

It's really not something that would enter my head as something to do.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:24 am

Has anyone been done for unsolicited tits pics?

I've had a few I haven't asked for back in the day but didn't say anything cos why would I complain about seeing tits?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:31 am

Ach wrote:Has anyone been done for unsolicited tits pics?

I've had a few I haven't asked for back in the day but didn't say anything cos why would I complain about seeing tits?

How about if your boss sent you an unsolicited dick pic?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:39 am

Has it been confirmed that’s what he did? Saw it rumoured on twitter yesterday but we all know the amount of BS that starts on there.

Clearly done something too far but odd that a 40+ year old man of his stature would start sending dick pics to his colleagues imo, especially without any sort of reciprocation prior.

Maybe he’s just a freak but does seem odd.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:47 am

Santi wrote:Has it been confirmed that’s what he did? Saw it rumoured on twitter yesterday but we all know the amount of BS that starts on there.

Clearly done something too far but odd that a 40+ year old man of his stature would start sending dick pics to his colleagues imo, especially without any sort of reciprocation prior.

Maybe he’s just a freak but does seem odd.

I don't know if it was reciprocated or not, but high profile people are going to be outed for this kind of thing. Sell it to the papers etc and get cash.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:59 am

Yeah I mean if he’s done it then it’s good him being outed, especially being in such a powerful position as he was. Just like to have confirmation (as best we can) on these things before making too much judgement.

Not trying to say he hasn’t done anything - that he has is clear, but the dick pics scenario surprises me even more than the original reports.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:24 am

Santi wrote:Yeah I mean if he’s done it then it’s good him being outed, especially being in such a powerful position as he was. Just like to have confirmation (as best we can) on these things before making too much judgement.

Not trying to say he hasn’t done anything - that he has is clear, but the dick pics scenario surprises me even more than the original reports.

I agree about actual confirmation of events. That crickter from Oz did the same thing though.
Last edited by Goonerred on Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred

Postby 22-0 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:40 pm

He said he didnt know he was even doing something wrong... i doubt it was anything super serious than. ofc he could be lying but no info is out there so eh.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:39 pm

I remember when Massa was going to send a dick pic to UFGN.

He didn't get in trouble for it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I remember when Massa was going to send a dick pic to UFGN.

He didn't get in trouble for it.

Even though UFGN sat up all night waiting...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:14 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Still better than Pires even after the stroke ;)

Get well soon lad :arsesmile:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:34 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-28995129

Marc Overmars suffers irreparable damage after heart attack with part of muscle dying

Marc Overmars - a former winger at Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona - suffered a heart attack on 30 December that has reduced the capacity of his heart by 70 percent

Marc Overmars has suffered irreparable damage to his heart after going into cardiac arrest last month.

Overmars was admitted to hospital on 30 December last year after suffering what was described as a "mild stroke". It has now emerged that the incident was more serious, with the former Dutch international's heart only being able to pump blood at 30 per cent of its normal volume.

It is believed that Overmars, who has been discharged from hospital and is now resting at home, will require at least a year to recover.

The former Arsenal star will require medication for the rest of his life.

After suffering the incident last month, Belgian club Royal Antwerp – where Overmars is the current Director of Football – said that the 49-year-old was "doing well" but was medically required to rest for "a while".

Overmars is best known for his glittering playing career, as he represented the likes of Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona. The ex-winger also made 86 senior appearances for the Netherlands, helping them reach the semi-finals of the Euros in 2000 and 2004.

A report from De Telegraaf in his native Netherlands now claims that a part of the ex-footballer's heart muscle has died, meaning that its capacity to pump blood to his body had been reduced by 70 per cent of its normal volume. Doctors believe there is a chance that Overmars can recoup a 'few' percent of his heart's pumping function as he recovers.

An Antwerp statement last month read: "Marc Overmars, director of football affairs at RAFC, became unwell last night and was admitted to hospital with a mild stroke.

"Marc is doing well in the meantime but will have to take it easy for a while. Marc and his family focus on his recovery and do not wish to comment further. RAFC wishes Marc a speedy recovery!"

Heart attacks and strokes have quite a bit in common as they are both medical emergencies caused by a sudden cut-off in blood flow.

Heart attacks occur when blood flow to the heart is blocked, while a stroke is caused by a sudden interruption of blood flow to the brain.

Overmars has remained involved in football since his retirement from playing in 2009; he was appointed as Ajax's director of football in 2012 and held the position for a decade before he was forced to stand down in disgrace in February last year.

Ajax revealed Overmars had sent a "series of inappropriate messages to several female colleagues". He admitted he was "ashamed" and deemed his behaviour "unacceptable".

Overmars added: "Last week, I was confronted with reports about my behaviour and how this has come across to others. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that I was crossing the line with this but that was made clear to me in recent days. I apologise.

"Certainly for someone in my position, this behaviour is unacceptable. I now see that but it is too late. I see no other option but to leave Ajax."

Overmars was handed an immediate return to football when he became Antwerp's director of football in March. The appointment was controversial due to his recent behaviour, as several sponsors cut ties with the Belgian club in the days following it – but Antwerp stuck with the appointment.

During his time at Ajax in an executive role, the club won four Eredivisie titles as well as two Dutch Cups. The club famously reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2019 and were one minute away from reaching the final before a late Lucas Moura winner for Tottenham.

That year, the Amsterdam giants eliminated Real Madrid and Juventus before falling just short in the final four – the first time they had reached the competition's knockout stages since 2004.

Overmars had a storied playing career that saw him star for Ajax and Barcelona either side of a successful three-year spell with Arsenal that saw him help Arsene Wenger's team win a Premier League and FA Cup Double in 1998.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club