Marc Overmars

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Marc Overmars

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:14 pm

I wouldn't mind if he had some kinda roll in the club.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:52 pm

I'd much prefer a DoF that can recruit and sell young talent like they've done at Ajax than the comical situation we have here where Davud Luiz gets an extension and Xhaka, Mustafi and Willian are too well paid to consider leaving.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Would love to see it, but I agree with the no way he comes here sentiment.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Ajax director of football Marc Overmars is set to leave his post at the end of the season, with the ex-Netherland winger being linked with joining former clubs Barcelona or Arsenal. (Mundo Deportivo)

After the Ajax shit show recently, no thanks.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:51 am

DoF role in a post-Messi Barca will be a thankless job. Koeman won't survive another shitty season like this so Overmars might not even have a Dutch ally to work with if he joins.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Accto Ajax fans, Overmars has a keen eye in recruitment and the ability to get the best value out of players he sells. It's something we could do with.

Although, he seems set for the Barca job, so yeah. That's that.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 pm

What a legend
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 pm

Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars says he would prefer to take on the same role at Barcelona rather than Arsenal. (Ajax Life, via Marca)

We're stuck with edu
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:52 pm

A Dutch newspaper reports that Overmars has been sacked for sending 'inappropriate text messages to several female colleagues over a longer period of time'.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Bye edu
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Clarkey T » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Not the kind of chap I want to see employed by our football club.

Mirror Online wrote:Marc Overmars leaves Ajax after admitting sending inappropriate messages to colleagues

The director of football and former Arsenal winger has called time on his tenure at the club and says he is "ashamed" of the messages which have now become public

Marc Overmars has left his role as Ajax director of football after admitting he sent inappropriate messages to female colleagues at the club.

The former Arsenal and Netherlands winger had been in his post since 2012, and recently signed a new contract until 2026.

However, after reports broke in the Netherlands that he has been sending sexually inappropriate messages to colleagues, he has been quick to resign.

In a statement on the Ajax website, Overmars said: "I am ashamed.

"Last week I was confronted with reports about my behaviour. And how this has come across to others. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that I was crossing the line with this, but that was made clear to me in recent days.

"I suddenly felt enormous pressure. I apologise. Certainly for someone in my position, this behaviour is unacceptable.

"I now see that too. But it is too late. I see no other option but to leave Ajax. This also has a major impact on my private situation. That is why I ask everyone to leave me and my family alone."

Board chairman Leen Meijaard: said "This is a dramatic situation for everyone who is involved in any way.

"It is devastating for the women who have had to deal with the behaviour. When we heard news of this, we immediately acted, carefully deliberating and weighing what was the best thing to do - all in consultation with CEO Edwin van der Sar and assisted by an external expert.

"Marc is probably the best football director that Ajax has had. We upgraded and extended his contract for a reason. But, unfortunately, he has really gone over the line, so continuing as director was not an option."

Club chief executive and Overmars' former Dutch teammate Van der Sar said: "I find the situation appalling for everyone and I agree with Leen Meijaard's words.

"In my role, I also feel responsible to help colleagues. A safe working climate is very important for everyone at Ajax.

"We will pay even more attention to this in the near future. Marc and I have been playing together since the early 1990s, first at Ajax and then with the national team and we have been colleagues in the management of Ajax for almost ten years now.

"That has now come to a very abrupt end. We are working on something very wonderful here at Ajax, so this news will also be a blow to everyone who cares about Ajax."

Sources:
Mirror Online
Ajax

Look at the chairman of Raith Rovers employing a rapist and saying he made an error of judgment, anyone over 20 years old should know employing a rapist would not be a good idea, if he genuinely did not see a problem with employing a rapist - you have to wonder what type of character he is, nobody who respects women would employ a rapist.

Marcy is a grown man, well into his his 40's, just a couple of years off being half a century old, he should have known better, it has happened in Holland, his own country so I can't see any "lost in translation" loopholes for him to be able to use, to many people try to justify this kind of behaviour these days, it's a sad state of affairs.

Lets keep the club free of people who have been linked or accused or convicted of these sort of things.
Clarkey T
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Nuggets » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:33 am

Now the witch hunt will start in this holier-than-thou woke culture, yup he dropped a bollock apologise learn from it and move on FFS its not like he killed somebody.
Nuggets

Postby Nuggets » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:53 am

Reiss wrote:Bring him in to replace that fool Edu.

:clap: :clap:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:36 am

Anyone have access to Edu's emails or social media? :sneaky2:
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club