First game you went to the Grove to see

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: First game you went to the Grove to see

Postby Forest » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

J-Mack wrote:Damn. Hate to brag but I think I've only missed three games since we've been there.

How many people here have actually got season tickets?

including, CL, CC and FA cup or just PL fixtures?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby J-Mack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah everything.

I sit in the club level so my ticket is all comps.
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Forest » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 am

J-Mack wrote:Yeah everything.

I sit in the club level so my ticket is all comps.

which bit is that? bit where you get food and stuff? iv never been unfortunatly :crybaby:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby J-Mack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 am

Free drink at half time, that's all. You get greedy f***ers tryna drink three pints at half time just coz it's free. It does my head in. If you wonder why the middle tier (club level) is empty at the start of the second half... that's why.

This is the view from my seat.

J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby IMF » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:50 am

Oh no... Heyzuus-Mack sits above me...
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby J-Mack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

Whahey. Just look for that bald dude and look behind him. I'm by far the best looking in the row. Can't miss me.
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 am

It fucks me off people not getting back to their seats in time for the second half. Idiots. You can have a beer / burger / overpriced chips anytime.

I stay in my seat at half time. Take a carton of juice in with me or whatever. Have a beer before / after tthe match.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby J-Mack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Lolz cartoon of juice. Kinda tickled me (no homo)
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

J-Mack wrote:Free drink at half time, that's all. You get greedy f***ers tryna drink three pints at half time just coz it's free. It does my head in. If you wonder why the middle tier (club level) is empty at the start of the second half... that's why.

Been, there done that. Not much atmosphere up in the clouds. Cushy seats though.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby J-Mack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Up in the clouds. Hardly Gza.

But yeah... atmosphere is poor where I sit excpet for really big games. Mind you.. most of the stadium is like that apart from the red action corner. Even they been quiet last few games.
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooner90 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm

J-Mack wrote:Damn. Hate to brag but I think I've only missed three games since we've been there.

How many people here have actually got season tickets?

st holder here... first game at the grove was the international brazil vs argentina not sure about first arsenal game though might have been boro
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rockin' Robin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm

UFGN wrote:It fucks me off people not getting back to their seats in time for the second half. Idiots. You can have a beer / burger / overpriced chips anytime.

I stay in my seat at half time. Take a carton of juice in with me or whatever. Have a beer before / after tthe match.

Too right, same with the first half too, and with full time. If you're gonna support the club, don't do it half-heartedly, stay the whole time.

J-Mack, I share a season ticket with my older bro, he gets all the big games. I normally get Liverpool, while he gets Chelsea, Man City, Manure and Sp*rs, but Liverpool was a week night so I couldn't go - he meets up with my Dad at the stadium via the train and the underground, but I'm not considered ready to go all that way on my own yet. :(
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:22 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
UFGN wrote:It fucks me off people not getting back to their seats in time for the second half. Idiots. You can have a beer / burger / overpriced chips anytime.

Too right, same with the first half too, and with full time. If you're gonna support the club, don't do it half-heartedly, stay the whole time.

J-Mack, I share a season ticket with my older bro, he gets all the big games. I normally get Liverpool, while he gets Chelsea, Man City, Manure and Sp*rs, but Liverpool was a week night so I couldn't go - he meets up with my Dad at the stadium via the train and the underground, but I'm not considered ready to go all that way on my own yet. :(

You should insist on the Man Shitty match at least considering you missed out on Pool. Not that it really compares
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Rockin' Robin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:24 pm

UFGN wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:

You should insist on the Man Shitty match at least considering you missed out on Pool. Not that it really compares

I think he was going to have Villa but I went to that instead, so it evens it out. To be fair, we played table tennis over the Manure game. He is loads better than me and knows it, but I was only a couple of points away from seeing us completely d*cked!
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Dont talk to me about that bloody match :angry:

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club