Super Diaby

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Super Diaby

Postby Briggsy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:17 am

Now many people will know I'm not a Diaby fan. But yesterday he could do no wrong he was strong on the ball his passing was strong. Link up play was excellent. He deserved a goal for the hard work. I haven't bought a paper as of yet but I can see people comparing him to Vieira.... No please no everytime Diaby plays a great game he gets the Vieira comparison . He's not Vieira he is Diaby a player of potential if he plays like that weekly. Please Abou keep it up!
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Super Diaby

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:20 am

He has that kind of effect whenever you play him in that kind of position.
Thing is, Wenger plays him on the left or deeper in midfield where his mistakes are magnified.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:21 am

Super, Super Abou Diaaaaaaby!

The more he plays the more consistent he will get, I think the extra training he put in during the summer break has paid off.

He powered into the Hull box twice yesterday, fighting off defenders which resulted in 2 goals.

His movement on and off the ball was good, he didnt hold onto the ball for too long and made some good passes and surging runs........

Well deserved MOTM
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:43 am

i dont no to love him or hate him lol....great game but Diaby = Arsenal by that i mean Arsenal can play brilliant some times then other times a diffrent team turns up. same with diaby on his game he quality other times he terrible. but thats just are luck :)

great game yesterday tho.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:47 am

I don't get the comparison between Diaby and Vieira.

Vieira came to us as a CB and was transformed into a box to box midfielder.

Diaby came to us as an attacking midfielder who could also play as a winger.

Just because they look (vaguely) similar, doesn't mean they play the same!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 am

yes, he had a great game but we all know how inconsistent he is. now he will be shit for 2 or 3 games and then in the 4th he will make a great game again. he's a player you can't let play week and week out.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:54 am

Diaby plays better in the Fabregas role. That is why he's usually rubbish but was good yesterday.
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:59 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Diaby plays better in the Fabregas role. That is why he's usually rubbish but was good yesterday.

lets hope wenger will not sell cesc because he thinks that diaby could remplace him...

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Popey wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:Diaby plays better in the Fabregas role. That is why he's usually rubbish but was good yesterday.

lets hope wenger will not sell cesc because he thinks that diaby could remplace him...

I'm concerned that Ramsey is getting more games because Wenger is thinking of letting Fabregas go to Barca in the summer!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Popey wrote:

I'm concerned that Ramsey is getting more games because Wenger is thinking of letting Fabregas go to Barca in the summer!

would be stupid by wenger but for me its ramsey who should take cesc's role one day and not diaby. but again. cesc and ramsey would be a great partnership in midfield. a little bit like xavi and inesta.

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gould » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Popey wrote:

he is playing him because the boys talented you dont let players with the creative vision and skill he has sit on the bench at a young age. you introduce them into the team slowly maybe he will replace fabregas but not this season i dont think. prehaps after the worldcup if anytime, but wenger isnt gonna take f**k all for him.
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 pm

ian.g wrote:he is playing him because the boys talented you dont let players with the creative vision and skill he has sit on the bench at a young age. you introduce them into the team slowly maybe he will replace fabregas but not this season i dont think. prehaps after the worldcup if anytime, but wenger isnt gonna take f**k all for him.

I agree, I'm pleased to see him in the team, he looks like he's going to be amazing in a year or two.

It just worries me because Wenger has a history of selling important players and replacing them with youngsters who aren't quite ready. The transition from Vieira to Fabregas alongside Gilberto didn't go as smoothly as it should have!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:24 pm

I just realised that our very own Gzagee looks like Diaby,now that he has some hair and some facial hair :P

Sorry dude!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:29 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:I just realised that our very own Gzagee looks like Diaby,now that he has some hair and some facial hair :P

Sorry dude!

Feccccck yoooooou! :angry:
I'm prettier than he is! :naughty:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Fair play smooth.

I think we always know he had potential. He can do some good things and can hold off defenders well with his long legs and arms. He covers some ground quickly, and as long as he has his football brain ticking, he can make those good decisions that he usually messes up.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club