Super Diaby

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Super Diaby

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:36 pm

3.0 out of 10? That will be an improvement then.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm jokingly hard on Diaby, but he had a good run playing for the national team, and time spent training and recovering might see him edge out jack. When he is on form, Diaby is commanding in midfield.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm

He's still shit
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Super Diaby

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Massa wrote:He's still shit

This
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't understand how Wenger thought he was the new Vieira. Time will tell I guess, I mean Song was labelled as crap but became better
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gunRAR » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 am

diaby over denilson any day
gunRAR
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:58 am

gunRAR wrote:diaby over denilson any day

Talent wise yes, effort wise no. Denilson is very limited but the boy puts in the effort. Diaby is a lazy c***.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Super Diaby

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:02 am

Diaby gives the ball away too much and despite his size, Wilshere has more of a physical presence than Diaby.

I have only seen Diaby play well in the 'second striker', 'in the hole' role and we have about eight players who are better than Diaby who play in that position!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Popey wrote:and jack deserves to start ahead of him at the moment. he was out for 8 weeks I think?!?

10 weeks
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:The fact that you can remember his good games should tell you why not starman. Look Diaby has talent but sorry he's shit. Unless he wears a France kit 90% of the time he deserves to be executed.

no it suggests that he has been good in 3 of the games out of 7 that he has featured in
cosidering he has played in a side who in the timeframe since his debut against them has won 2 in 10 singling him out seems very unfair
the only time he was below par against them was the 4-1 home defeat and there were 2 players who were equaly as culpable.also 1 of those games was an 18 minute sub appearance at stamford bridge in 07/08 when we lost sagna so it really is unfair to rate
starmandb

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Diaby gives the ball away too much and despite his size, Wilshere has more of a physical presence than Diaby.

I have only seen Diaby play well in the 'second striker', 'in the hole' role and we have about eight players who are better than Diaby who play in that position!

Yes, exactly. Diaby also has no vision or footballing intelligence, give him 2 options and he'll always choose the worst. So he can only perform in the hole with no responsibilities yet he can't be a playmaker. He is, by definition, f***ing useless
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:The fact that you can remember his good games should tell you why not starman. Look Diaby has talent but sorry he's shit. Unless he wears a France kit 90% of the time he deserves to be executed.

no it suggests that he has been good in 3 of the games out of 7 that he has featured in
cosidering he has played in a side who in the timeframe since his debut against them has won 2 in 10 singling him out seems very unfair
the only time he was below par against them was the 4-1 home defeat and there were 2 players who were equaly as culpable.also 1 of those games was an 18 minute sub appearance at stamford bridge in 07/08 when we lost sagna so it really is unfair to rate

Just because he has been good against Chelski a few times doesn't make it unfair to rate him. More often than not he is useless. I am not going to give him a pass because of a few good performances, on any other team he would be nothing more than a bench warmer.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 pm

starmandb wrote:
Popey wrote:and jack deserves to start ahead of him at the moment. he was out for 8 weeks I think?!?

10 weeks

Not good enough, I want it to the minute!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Super Diaby

Postby Cheese » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Tonight wasted a perfectly good opportunity for a 4th goal - which would surely have guaranteed us the match - but also made some important defensive headers late on in the game.

Worthy of his substitute appearance tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:34 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Just because he has been good against Chelski a few times doesn't make it unfair to rate him. More often than not he is useless. I am not going to give him a pass because of a few good performances, on any other team he would be nothing more than a bench warmer.

i said not to rate him in an 18minute sub appearance not overall
this all began from somebody saying i hope he does,nt play to which i answered with 3 good games he has had against chelsea.you carry on wishing injurys on our players though...thats the way forward
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club