Arsenal Chants

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Arsenal Chants

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Love it!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:43 am

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:59 am

That kid really needs to think about how what he is doing looks like to the wider world before posting stuff on the internet.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby yosifun » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:11 pm

:lol: what a moron

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 pm

To the tune of "My bonnie lies over the ocean".

If i had the wings of a sparrow,
And the dirty big arse of a crow,
I'd fly right over (old trafford),
And shite on the b@stards below, below.
Shite on, Shite on,
Shite on the b@stards below, below,
Shite on, Shite on,
Shite on the b@stards below!
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Massa wrote:

You should see his giroud one. Loool.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby srd1886 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:11 am

Its true, kos does have a great head :rofll:
srd1886
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cripps » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 am

I am proud to say I have never sung any of these ridiculous songs at the games I've been to.

Don't know the words for most and don't understand most either.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby friedslice » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:39 am

Cripps wrote:I am proud to say I have never sung any of these ridiculous songs at the games I've been to.

I'm quite happy to say that it is people like you who have destroyed the atmosphere down the Arsenal, who have made our home fans the laughing stock of britain, who have managed to turn our home games into a souless, emotionless, atmosphereless concrete bowl.
do us a favour and don't bother going to a game if you're not going to be on your feet singing, shouting and screaming at the pitch SUPPORTING the players for 90 minutes. give the seat to someone who'll actually create some atmosphere, and not sit there expecting entertainment.

really don't know how you could be 'proud' with that statement. what the f has gone wrong with this fan base :angry:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:18 am

Cripps wrote:I am proud to say I have never sung any of these ridiculous songs at the games I've been to.

What sort of fan are you that you don't sing at games? The while point of going to football is to enjoy yourself and by going mental in a way that you could never do anywhere else is part of being a fan and that includes singing these songs as well and standing and making a noise. If you don't want to partake, don't go then but don't criticise your fellow fans for daring to do what comes naturally with supporting the club. Yes there are a few songs you might not want to do (the Mertesacker Macarena or Running round T*ttenham with our w*llies hanging out for example) and that's fine but as long as you do the rest of the majority then there isn't an issue. There is if you just want to go and sit in silence.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:44 am

I didn't criticise anyone.

If others want to sing, go ahead. Not my thing. If I wanted to sing, I'd go to a concert.

I'm a firm believer that all this singing malarkey makes no difference to a player. Giroud for example has a song and it's sung every home game. He's still shit.

Don't go to games? Behave. I pay my money like anyone else and support them by having a season ticket and lining their pockets
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Cripps wrote:I didn't criticise anyone.

If others want to sing, go ahead. Not my thing. If I wanted to sing, I'd go to a concert.

I'm a firm believer that all this singing malarkey makes no difference to a player. Giroud for example has a song and it's sung every home game. He's still shit.

Don't go to games? Behave. I pay my money like anyone else and support them by having a season ticket and lining their pockets

A season ticket holder who doesn't sing. I despair. Singing is part of the match culture, you should embrace it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 pm

And I will once I hear a song worth singing but in 24 years in watching football I haven't heard one anywhere.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Fair point about Giroud tbf :D

I don't really find the games as enjoyable in the upper tier where it's silent though, the atmosphere in the lower tier makes it so much better. I'm louder when i'm watching on TV than the people in the upper tier.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Mesüt wrote:Fair point about Giroud tbf :D

I don't really find the games as enjoyable in the upper tier where it's silent though, the atmosphere in the lower tier makes it so much better. I'm louder when i'm watching on TV than the people in the upper tier.

I know, I don't like the upper tier. I once sat there for the Liverpool cup game with a friend who took me as I usually go in the lower tier. I was trying my best to get the chants going but in the first half as I would in the lower tier, there was little support and I had one old guy turn around and say "please don't shout in my ear". I was nowhere near his ear as I was shouting and chanting towards the pitch and not him as I was sitting back (since standing wasn't an option) so I simply said "it is a little thing called passion".

I said that so most around could hear it (not shouting, just raised voice) and it seemed to work since they starting singing a bit in the second half and actually got an atmosphere going towards the end.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club