In Arsène We Shall Always Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal,
or come in and read all about your beloved club Arsenal.

Re: In Arsène We Shall Always Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Cre

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:35 am

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:But he was crucified for doing that when he sold RVP. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

He did the right thing with RvP. When RvP backed out of signing a new contract, he took the only offer available 24m from Utd .... that money went 50% towards buying Cazorla, Giroud, Monreal and Podolski .... we got them all of them for a combined 50m ....

If he'd waited a year with RvP we'd have got nothing ....

It was only after he had that top secret lobotomy that we started intentionally letting players run down contracts to nothing ... Arshavin - Denilson - Fabianski - Sagna - Bendtner - Diaby - Miyaichi - Podolski - Rosicky - Sanogo - Wilshere - Cazorla - Ramsey .... if we'd got just 10m each (and you get 10m for the tea lady these days) that's another 130m we'd have in this summer's budget .... it was an epic fail and for the life of me I have no idea why Gazidis and Wonger let it happen ... it just defies any busy logic

Lol most of those guys were turds or crocks. No one was going to pay anything for them other than Ramsey. And wenger was gone before Ramsey entered his last 12 months.
But nice try blaming everything on wenger.

Well he did sign all of the turds and crocks ... but whatever ....

Every single one of those players entered the last two years of their contracts under Wenger - seriously are you really this naive about business?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:37 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:But he was crucified for doing that when he sold RVP. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

He did the right thing with RvP. When RvP backed out of signing a new contract, he took the only offer available 24m from Utd .... that money went 50% towards buying Cazorla, Giroud, Monreal and Podolski .... we got them all of them for a combined 50m ....

If he'd waited a year with RvP we'd have got nothing ....

It was only after he had that top secret lobotomy that we started intentionally letting players run down contracts to nothing ... Arshavin - Denilson - Fabianski - Sagna - Bendtner - Diaby - Miyaichi - Podolski - Rosicky - Sanogo - Wilshere - Cazorla - Ramsey .... if we'd got just 10m each (and you get 10m for the tea lady these days) that's another 130m we'd have in this summer's budget .... it was an epic fail and for the life of me I have no idea why Gazidis and Wonger let it happen ... it just defies any busy logic

Lol most of those guys were turds or crocks. No one was going to pay anything for them other than Ramsey. And wenger was gone before Ramsey entered his last 12 months.
But nice try blaming everything on wenger.

Well he did sign all of the turds and crocks ... but whatever ....

Every single one of those players entered the last two years of their contracts under Wenger - seriously are you really this naive about business?

Last two years. Yeah cause they’re agents are idiots right to sign early? :rofll:
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:24 pm

swipe right wrote:Last two years. Yeah cause they’re agents are idiots right to sign early? :rofll:

First - What are you even saying is that even English? .... you know this is now club policy, why? because Gazidis and Wonger f***ked up .....

“We need to make sure we are really disciplined. A good example of that is senior players that aren’t towards the end of their careers. We need to make sure that those players, when they’ve got two years left on their contract, we’re making the difficult decisions.

“We’re either renewing those players’ contracts, or we’re selling those players. So we’re going to have to be brave with those decisions along the way, because we can’t be in a situation where we are allowing players to walk out the door for free unless they are coming towards the end of their career.”

Raul Sanllehi

Or do you know something different?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:Last two years. Yeah cause they’re agents are idiots right to sign early? :rofll:

First - What are you even saying is that even English? .... you know this is now club policy, why? because Gazidis and Wonger f***ked up .....

“We need to make sure we are really disciplined. A good example of that is senior players that aren’t towards the end of their careers. We need to make sure that those players, when they’ve got two years left on their contract, we’re making the difficult decisions.

“We’re either renewing those players’ contracts, or we’re selling those players. So we’re going to have to be brave with those decisions along the way, because we can’t be in a situation where we are allowing players to walk out the door for free unless they are coming towards the end of their career.”

Raul Sanllehi

I can make policy as well. Let’s see this bozo implement it. It’s July and all he’s done is sign a Brazilian no ones heard of for six mil. :clap:
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:48 pm

swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Raul Sanllehi

I can make policy as well. Let’s see this bozo implement it. It’s July and all he’s done is sign a Brazilian no ones heard of for six mil. :clap:

Hahahahahahaha so your answer to being 100% wrong is that you can now make Arsenal policy ... sorry Mr Kroenke didn't know you posted
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Raul Sanllehi

Hahahahahahaha so your answer to being 100% wrong is that you can now make Arsenal policy ... sorry Mr Kroenke didn't know you posted

You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.
Taxi for Unai
swipe right
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:48 pm

swipe right wrote:You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.

Oh dear .... don't cry poor little swiper .... I'll leave you alone
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:33 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:You’d be the dumbest poster on this forum if Nuggets hadn’t been born. You owe his mum a thanks.

Oh dear .... don't cry poor little swiper .... I'll leave you alone

Yes best too don't want him too upset, bless him :rofll: God bless the ignore button everything he comes out with is drivel.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner

Re: Arsène Wenger's Legacy

Postby Tony_Adams » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:52 am

Remember when Wenger was doing us a favour saving all the money so his successor had a big budget and a squad of talented youth players lol?

Well he's left us with a 45m budget and a squad full of players nobody else wants on big salaries.
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:01 am

Classic game of two halves .... thanks for the good times but then what the f**k did you do?

Before the Emirates a solid business plan, tactics, results and trophies. Post Emirates got just about everything wrong .... not helped by having a Board intent on lining their pockets, followed by two Investors who for years put self interest above the club's ...

Even with that excuse his crazy "contracts won't matter" philosophy led us down a very dark dead end, one from which it will take us many years to recover ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 am

EliteKiller wrote:Classic game of two halves .... thanks for the good times but then what the f**k did you do?

Before the Emirates a solid business plan, tactics, results and trophies. Post Emirates got just about everything wrong .... not helped by having a Board intent on lining their pockets, followed by two Investors who for years put self interest above the club's ...

Even with that excuse his crazy "contracts won't matter" philosophy led us down a very dark dead end, one from which it will take us many years to recover ...

Sadly true, even more sad is some Wonga fanboys thinks the sun still shines out of his ass, he left us in a right mess the senile old tw@t.
Nuggets

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Unfortunately, the most successful period of Wenger's career is but a distant memory now. Nothing lasting has been built upon it. We're reaping no rewards for those successes these days. Right now, our most recent memory of Arsene Wenger is the horrible position he's left us in. Wenger's legacy leaves a certain bitter taste in the mouths of many Arsenal fans, myself included.

That taste is the taste of failure.
PairyGrows
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 am

I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

Can't say I remember that happening much at Highbury.
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 am

theHotHead wrote:I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the Emirates looks like. The Emirates does not and will not provide us with a financial advantage. That is all that matters.
PairyGrows
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 am

PairyGrows wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I dunno actually, I drove past the Emirates yesterday and it looks freekin awesome. There were groups on the concourse and outside the Gunners shop taking photos and tourists hanging around.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the Emirates looks like. The Emirates does not and will not provide us with a financial advantage. That is all that matters.

No financial advantage for us, but others.....worked out well for them.
Power n Glory
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal FC