Bacary Sagna ~ Mr. Consistent

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Bacary Sagna

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Never really hated him for going to city. Biggest compliment I can give.

Then again I didn't hate toure, Clichy, ade or nasri.

Anyone left us now for them deserves to be killed
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Zenith wrote:Ridiculously complete as well - during his Arsenal career he never stopped getting better.

He arrived here as an unknown defenders' defender with good athletic ability who couldn't cross to save his life.

When he ultimately left to join City, he was one of the better crossers in the league, in addition to his natural defensive solidity.

Sagna very much proved that no matter how good or old you are, it's never too late and you're never too good to improve on certain aspects of your game - as long as the desire is there.

Easily the best right back in Premier League since the turn of the century.

Loved watching him defend, was always so confident on his side no matter who he was up against...just knew he'd have them covered.

Criminally underrated in PL best discussions.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby looper007 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 am

Ach wrote:Never really hated him for going to city. Biggest compliment I can give.

Then again I didn't hate toure, Clichy, ade or nasri.

Anyone left us now for them deserves to be killed

Sagna gave 7 years and 213 appearances for the club, and pretty much his best years. Plus we were replacing him with Hector Bellerin. But for a time Sagna was a top right back, and feel like he's deserving of the love from the Arsenal fans.

I dislike Ade and Nasri, as both are classless. Both won't be welcomed back to Arsenal anytime soon, and I doubt either will want to come back anyway.

Clichy, amazing that he's still only 33, never felt like a big loss. The fan's didn't kick up a big fuss when he left. He always be a Invincible and along with Toure both will always be welcomed back. Toure played over 225 times and gave the club and gave 7 years to the club. Both never went out of their way to insult Arsenal as they left.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club