Arsenal Chants

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal,
or come in and read all about your beloved club Arsenal.

Re: Arsenal Chants

Postby Özilfan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Ultras are nothing but a bunch of choreographed cheerleaders, nothing comes naturally with them.

Safe standing behind the goal with increased capacity but cheaper ticket prices would be a massive improvement is atmosphere for every Premier League club. Just 10,000 local working class lads, who meet up for a pint before the game, in the Clock End would do the trick for us.

Don't worry, you can still enjoy your prawn sandwich and glass of sherry in the West End. But you might find it a bit loud for reading those classic russian novels you're usually seen with!
Özilfan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Özilfan wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Ultras are nothing but a bunch of choreographed cheerleaders, nothing comes naturally with them.

Safe standing behind the goal with increased capacity but cheaper ticket prices would be a massive improvement is atmosphere for every Premier League club. Just 10,000 local working class lads, who meet up for a pint before the game, in the Clock End would do the trick for us.

Don't worry, you can still enjoy your prawn sandwich and glass of sherry in the West End. But you might find it a bit loud for reading those classic russian novels you're usually seen with!

You don't know me. I had to sit in the the prawn sandwich circle today and I hated it. Yet I was vocal as I could be from singing the national anthem to being the last man standing when everyone else deserted before FT. I fully support safe standing, but I don't like ultras culture because they are just a bunch of choreographed cheerleaders, nothing like the natural English terrace culture that we have.
Royal Gooner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:55 am

I recall the 86/87 season when we were on that League Cup run, and 'We're on the march we're Georgie's army...' was in. That would be sung by the whole stadium.
Phil71
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Junita » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 am

It goes back further than that, I remember it from the back end of the 70's.......
Click at grand national 2018
 and enjoy now
Junita
Liam Brady

Postby starmandb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am

Junita wrote:It goes back further than that, I remember it from the back end of the 70's.......

Yes
We used to sing Terry's army on the way to winning the fa cup in 1979
starmandb
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to The History Of Arsenal FC