25/10/20 | Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 25/10/20 | Arsenal vs Leicester City | Premier League

Postby Jase89 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:How can anyone tell me that with Ozil we would be any worse. At least he has the ability to create.

At least Ozil can get the ball past the first man or even into the box. We can’t even get the ball forward with the players we have now
Jase89
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NovaGB » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:How can anyone tell me that with Ozil we would be any worse. At least he has the ability to create.

I agree, Auba cant score if we are playing wimbledon football for 90 mins.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 pm

elkanofan wrote:Not good. Knew that f**k Vardy would score.

We have severe issues playing on the front foot. No consistent method of breaking a team down.

No nimble Number 10 who can commit and take players on with all the possession. In the final 3rd we pass and hope far too much. I see enough in Saka for him to develop this but he's not ready yet to be a key focal point.

Willian coming back will help. But its looking like we have to accept we have overpaid for a guy like Pepe who is a squad player at best.

Auba needs to move back upfront imo also. Vs a team that sits as deep as this he's very ineffective.

Not good. Onto the Irish Pub team next week K

Pepe's barely good enough to be a f***ing squad player for Brighton and somebody here sanctioned SEVENTY TWO MILLION on this chump.

Up there with Morata for biggest waste of money.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:20 pm

If it was Artetas choice to leave out ozil from the squad, hes gonna be for the chop by January, if the board forced him to do it, then they need to pay out.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 pm

All hypothetical, of course, but we really could have used some creativity today. Just not sure how match fit he'd have been considering he hasn't started a game since February.

Playing Partey AND Xhaka AND Ceballos and restricting their action radius, whilst having two of the league's best ball-distributing CBs, limited our attacking punch from central areas.

It didn't stop us from creating some good chances during the first half, but as the second half progressed, Arteta's tactical error became more and more apparent.

VAR, inefficiency in front of goal and the manager's conservatism have cost us the game.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Manager plays 3-4-3 football, leaves out Ozil "Well yeah he dosesn't fit"

Manager sacks Ozil, within 24hrs turns to 4-3-3 possession football which suits Ozil, in fact you need an Ozil for it to even work. :doh: :doh:

Fk Mikel Arteta, he's literally undone all his hard work and I have no time for that level of bs or self harming.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Create what?
Tippy tapping around a team set up with a line of 5 and four in front of that dont acheive anything.
About time we learnt to bomb the box with crosses and I would even rotate a CB up front to pressure the defence in the air.
We have zero ability in the air in our strike force.
Top teams set up knowing how we will play
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Santi wrote:

We have severe issues playing on the front foot. No consistent method of breaking a team down.

No nimble Number 10 who can commit and take players on with all the possession. In the final 3rd we pass and hope far too much. I see enough in Saka for him to develop this but he's not ready yet to be a key focal point.

Willian coming back will help. But its looking like we have to accept we have overpaid for a guy like Pepe who is a squad player at best.

Auba needs to move back upfront imo also. Vs a team that sits as deep as this he's very ineffective.

Pepe's barely good enough to be a f***ing squad player for Brighton and somebody here sanctioned SEVENTY TWO MILLION on this chump.

With every passing week that decision looks worse and worse. I have been cheering him on, but 72 freekin million looks like someone took a masse freekin bung
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm

NovaGB wrote:If it was Artetas choice to leave out ozil from the squad, hes gonna be for the chop by January, if the board forced him to do it, then they need to pay out.

It was Arteta, he made a whole interview stating clearly it was his choice.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

What i want to know is what Dani Ceballos actually gives us? the guy is meant to be a creative player and gives nothing, he looks no better than Xhaka in the last few games.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Santi wrote:

I said that last year we overpaid for a youtube hype job.

We should have brought Zaha instead. Better player, type of player we need to consistently run at players and provides much more of a goal threat.

Pepe isn't smart whatsoever and his predictabillity shows his level.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gooner_LK6 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Santi wrote:

Its looking worrying and its not gonna change at all if he stays as a sub for prem games.
Gooner_LK6
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

why was Auba playing on the right wing out of no where when we basically had 2 left backs there?
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Our best player went off with a thigh problem.
Most creative player is a CB lol
That midfeild dont work.
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:why was Auba playing on the right wing out of no where when we basically had 2 left backs there?
We have too many pure strikers so hes stuck out there since Laca, Eddie have zero creativity and cannot carry the ball at all.

We need a guy like Harit from Schalke who creative, skillful and agile to take players on, create space then assist

Saka, Willian and the stick insect with zero penetration Cebllos is as good as it gets for us saslr
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat