25/10/20 | Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 25/10/20 | Arsenal vs Leicester City | Premier League

Postby Hybrid47 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Lol our play is so slow, there's no zip no intelligent off the ball movement. Seriously blunt attack.

Only player we have that can instigate that type of play and he's not even registered. Also the fact Fofana looked good shows how poor our recruitment has been with Saliba.

Our club is riddled with incompetence.
Hybrid47
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Vardy always scores against us, every season, its all soooooooooooooo predictable.

Lame performance from us, entire 2nd half we did virtually nothing, there was no creation, the only way we look dangerous if when Luiz just hoofs the ball as hard as he can 85 yards and hope it bounces to one of our strikers.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Ozil IN, Arteta OUT.
That would be a good start in trying to revive the damage Arteta has done to our ability to create openings.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 am

theHotHead wrote:
VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:How can anyone tell me that with Ozil we would be any worse. At least he has the ability to create.

Create what?
Tippy tapping around a team set up with a line of 5 and four in front of that dont acheive anything.
About time we learnt to bomb the box with crosses and I would even rotate a CB up front to pressure the defence in the air.
We have zero ability in the air in our strike force.
Top teams set up knowing how we will play

And how had that been working out for us recently? We have been shite, we look clueless, Arteta looks like Emery.

I can't get down with this bullshite football.

I'll spit it out
To set up as Arteta is with the personnel we currently have up front will never work.
As I said it's too easy to organize a defence.
I dont think Ozil or jesus f***ing christ could help.
You either need some one to run at some space looking for a one two or go the arial route.
We dont have the players to do either.
But I agree our tactics are shit
Try playing a f***ing early ball or two may help.
And Laca is too slow up front have him come off the bench play Auba up top martinelli would be a help.

Oh leave off VCC!! Look how much money we have spent on players, you can't tell me they are not good enough to play much better than this! Its the same as it was under Emery, Arteta and Emery playing 4-3-3, suicidal passing out from the back and generally shit football.

Find a system that works with the players we have, thats what he is getting paid to do and failing miserably

Try reading what I have said HH
Bloody hell I would have told one of the CB to bomb forward and peppered their box with crosses, partey has plenty of height,
They simply set up knowing our front 3 had nowhere to run into and they are f***ing shite in the air.
But let's not forget as bad as today was we should have got a point.
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 am

jayramfootball wrote:Ozil IN, Arteta OUT.
That would be a good start in trying to revive the damage Arteta has done to our ability to create openings.

If you think with the slow ball and no movement Ozil would have made a difference lol, today was the type of game Ozil went missing.
He didnt take games by the scruff of the neck, he only really performed when others performed around him imo
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: 25/10/20 | Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City | Premier League

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:56 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:14 am

LMAO wrote:Image

Hahahahaha ......
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm

I saw the game.

Very positive first half followed by a dreadfully poor second half. laca's goal disallowed cos Xhaka allegedly in schmeichels eyeline while offside. HArsh call, but if it had happened against us i'd have been looking for an offside too!

TBH, I want Arteta to succeed and I hope he learns from this game.

a cuter fox in Rodgers completely outthought Arteta. Leicester parked the bus for 60 mins, brought on Vardy and with Mustafi now on the pitch it was only going to be a matter of time.

Leicester rotated their kicking of our only creative player - Saka - and sadly there appears to be no way of counteracting teams who are doing this. More and more teams are doing it to key players. I think the only way is to enforce a rule change so that for instance, if a particular player is fouled more than 3 times, some kind of sanction applies to the opposition. Leicester were happy to rotate the yellows - 5 in a game.

Maybe a one point deduction for 5 or more yellows in a match might sort out this kind of evolving cynicism. its killing counter attacking when used by teams like United, City and Leicester and it's paying dividends for them.

ANyway, I thought the game changed on the Luiz injury. Arteta panicked and brought on a player who I believe should have been released with Ozil. Mustafi is truly out of his depth at this level. Why he was even on the bench is beyond me. I do worry about ARteta's ability to spot a player if he still thinks Mustafi has a future at Arsenal.

Bringing off Tierney when Vardy scored was bizarre, unless Tierney was injured. However, Tierney rightly looked mega pissed off with the decision as he sat down.

I don't rate Pepe at all and he did nothing to change my opinion in the time he was on.

Xhaka and Partey are similar style in that they defend first, and think attack second. as a result we relied on Ceballos who faded terribly in 2nd half and saka, who I said, was kicked out of the game.

I want Arteta to succeed but surely he needs to look a bit more at who he's putting on the subs bench. the game is now more than a first 11 given the way players get injured, get tired and get rotated.
greengoonerie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hybrid47 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 pm

VCC wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Ozil IN, Arteta OUT.

If you think with the slow ball and no movement Ozil would have made a difference lol, today was the type of game Ozil went missing.
He didnt take games by the scruff of the neck, he only really performed when others performed around him imo

Bit of a silly comment that. When it was exactly this fixture in 2018 he performed a masterclass. I agree these performances were few and far between and if we got those more consistently there would be no argument to have.

But for all the bad, in a team that basically creates very little you can't tell me a player like Ozil would create less.

Simple fact is we need his footballing IQ because without him on the pitch no one is smart enough to play between the lines and make the opponents uncomfortable. We're so predictable and lethargic it's unreal!
Hybrid47
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby NovaGB » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Ozil gives what we are missing, even if i'd prefer someone else to be giving it.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:34 pm

Godlop wrote:Ceballos has been shit this season.

He had a good game against Sheffield United was superb against west ham
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 pm

starmandb wrote:
Godlop wrote:Ceballos has been shit this season.

He had a good game against Sheffield United was superb against west ham

He's been hit and miss so far. Just needs to find some consistency.
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat