04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Dejan » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Tony Adams wrote:I genuinely have no idea what formation we played today. We seemed to transition between these four:


ImageImageImageImage
2nd you idiot

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 26862
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Tony Adams » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:57 pm

lol
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 37468
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Sims wrote:We don’t play in formations we play in zones



Wenger's still playing 4D chess while Mikel's living in a 6G world.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38091
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby yadunoe » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Sims wrote:We don’t play in formations we play in zones

But it was a 433, just Saka overloaded the left hand side at all times

This the formation and position of players is different based on the timing in the game el neny was dropping deep to be a 3rd cb at time and saka was playing lw and cm , I feel for sure we looked more dynamic offensively when pepe auba willian
User avatar
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2790
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Man of the Match thread up.


Shortcut → viewtopic.php?f=127&t=57010
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 33831
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Özim » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:28 pm

We’re poor at the moment, we’re winning which is great but same thing happened with Emery, doesn’t fill me with confidence playing like this there’s a very fine line between winning and losing.

Need to up our game big time and we need some quality in midfield big time.

If that doesn’t happen I worry for us with Everton and Spurs looking really good and scoring left right and centre.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:32 pm

yadunoe wrote:
Sims wrote:We don’t play in formations we play in zones

But it was a 433, just Saka overloaded the left hand side at all times

This the formation and position of players is different based on the timing in the game el neny was dropping deep to be a 3rd cb at time and saka was playing lw and cm , I feel for sure we looked more dynamic offensively when pepe auba willian


Elneny was doing the same as what Xhaka used to do when Arteta first arrived playing 4231. When Bellerin went further forwards, Elneny would plug the space behind and cover. Xhaka used to do the same on the left when Saka would play fullback and roam forward.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:36 pm

We had no creativity centrally and especially wide, until Pepe came on.

Really clear that we need midfield additions and to do more in wide positions
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:11 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
themessiah wrote:Pierre really needs a goal.

He does.
Hope he gets it soon. We need at least 25 goals from him this season
Or just play laca instead of eddie


That doesn;t matter.
We're paying 350k for Auba and he needs to be scoring regularly.
All he has done so far this season is score a goal that didn't matter.

Every goal matters
We have won leagues on goal difference
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:15 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Santi wrote:be a massive pussy if he's out for the season from that


When was the last time Auba had a long term injury

Reliable.

His longest injury was 1 week in 2016
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 pm

NovaGB wrote:No creativity and Elneny can't pass the ball forwards to save his life, this game has got 0-0 written all over it.

Its always 1 way or the other for us, we either attack, score loads and concede loads, or don't attack and don't concede.

Writing must have been in Egyptian
I cant understand that either
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Wilder not happy with luiz not getting a red. Don't blame him
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18957
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:11 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
yadunoe wrote:
Sims wrote:We don’t play in formations we play in zones

But it was a 433, just Saka overloaded the left hand side at all times

This the formation and position of players is different based on the timing in the game el neny was dropping deep to be a 3rd cb at time and saka was playing lw and cm , I feel for sure we looked more dynamic offensively when pepe auba willian


Elneny was doing the same as what Xhaka used to do when Arteta first arrived playing 4231. When Bellerin went further forwards, Elneny would plug the space behind and cover. Xhaka used to do the same on the left when Saka would play fullback and roam forward.


Agreed, there was no set formation today and Arteta's been doing that for a while, today even more than before.

Saka played everywhere from LCM, LW and LB.

Tierney was LCB to LB same as what Kola has done for weeks.

Elneny as you say was dropping to be part of the 3 CB's.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, seems to me Arteta wants to have his cake and eat it playing this way.
Most of the time we were 4-3-3 and in times of defense 3-4-3 or more 5atb but when Elneny slips back into a back 3 wtf is that?

The only thing that remains constant is the front 3.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24312
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
yadunoe wrote:
Sims wrote:We don’t play in formations we play in zones

But it was a 433, just Saka overloaded the left hand side at all times

This the formation and position of players is different based on the timing in the game el neny was dropping deep to be a 3rd cb at time and saka was playing lw and cm , I feel for sure we looked more dynamic offensively when pepe auba willian


Elneny was doing the same as what Xhaka used to do when Arteta first arrived playing 4231. When Bellerin went further forwards, Elneny would plug the space behind and cover. Xhaka used to do the same on the left when Saka would play fullback and roam forward.


Agreed, there was no set formation today and Arteta's been doing that for a while, today even more than before.

Saka played everywhere from LCM, LW and LB.

Tierney was LCB to LB same as what Kola has done for weeks.

Elneny as you say was dropping to be part of the 3 CB's.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, seems to me Arteta wants to have his cake and eat it playing this way.
Most of the time we were 4-3-3 and in times of defense 3-4-3 or more 5atb but when Elneny slips back into a back 3 wtf is that?

The only thing that remains constant is the front 3.


Arteta didn't even answer when asked about his formation in his last post match interview.
User avatar
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Indonesia

Re: 04/10/20 | Arsenal 2-1 Sheffield United | Premier League

Postby billie86 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 am

Nobody mentioning how much better we seem defensively? Massive improvements and looked solid, we don't look like we will concede from every attack anymore, yesterday was exactly the type of game where we would have conceded at the end and drawn last season. Yes we may not be fluent going forward yet but our possession and play from the back has improved massively and when you look at our results it shows, it looked like the performance against West ham wasn't great but now looking at their results over the last couple of weeks it looks like a good win.
User avatar
billie86
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests