30/10/19 | Liverpool 5-4 Arsenal (on Pens) | Carabao Cup

Re: 30/10/19 | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Carabao Cup

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 am

I actually feel bad for the lads on this one.

Ozil's skills are still shining bright, Martinelli scores again, poor kid must be wondering how many goals he needs to score to get us a win ffs, great goal by Willock as well ................

And the result is a loss.

I honestly think taking off Ozil was a bad decision, Saka was ineffective at that point and ultimately it was him 4x giving his man acres of space which cost us the goal and I saw that coming.
If we had Ozil on we'd of been far more dangerous on the break as one good bit of play from the maestro could unleash any of our forward players.

Liverpool would of had to put the brakes on their late rampage or risk being caught cold.

But we took him off and lost control of the game till the final whistle ............. again.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 am

Full credit to the team even though they lost. Tons of spirit shown, and the youth are setting a great example. Hard to analyze the team in games like this with a videogame scoreline and Pool needing to pull out 3 worldies to get it to 5-5.

Mustafi v unlucky for the OG and Martinelli's penalty giveaway is the price paid for his inexperience.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 30/10/19 | Liverpool 5-4 Arsenal (on Pens) | Carabao Cup

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:34 am

Just watched the highlights, always risky making judgements off them but anyway.

First - that touch from Ozil for the AMN goal was unbelievable, one of very few players in the world who would even think it let alone execute :hail:

Both Özil and AMN had better games, albeit against a weakened side. Özil in particular doing things with such ease that our other players make look so difficult on the regular (e.g his two passes in the build up to Torreira’s goal). He also played a nice touch for Saka before Martinelli scored his second. Good game and something we’ve been missing.

Willock - those who said he wasn’t a good player can f**k right off. He had a couple poor games but that goal was unbelievable as well, what a finish. Not sure about his overall game but the lad has talent and needs minutes to grow.

Ceballos - unlucky with his pen, wasn’t bad just a good save.

Generally looked like we were better at creating chances and openings, whether this is the standard of the opposition or our quality is yet to be seen but regardless, nice to see. All the pens from both teams were top quality as well.

Now the bad points:

1) We clearly have a mentality problem - you can’t be in the lead 3 times (twice by two goals) and blow it completely. This is unacceptable, particularly 3 days after letting a 2 goal lead slip at home and the importance of a win against any version of Liverpool for us right now. That is pathetic and on both the manager and the players.

2) HOW MANY PENALTIES ARE WE GOING TO GIVE AWAY??? Ok it was fairly soft and as a striker it’s hard to blame martinelli for dangling his leg and giving the opportunity but come on...must be 10 pens against us this season in 15 games. Something this systemic has to be on the coaching staff. Once again the game was dead and buried but we have the team an easy way back in.

3) Martinez - dear oh dear, he had a stinker and he knows it. Hopefully learns from it but at least two of their goals were his fault, harsh to include the Ox one as that was a wonder strike so leaving it at the two. Weak both times for Origi.

4) Defence generally looked porous even with holding and Bellerin back in. Kola looked lost as well. Aside from the terrible OG which he owned up to, looked like Musti was the best of the lot but that’s not saying much. Poor from Kola and Holding in the build up to the OG as well.

All in all looks like a good game that I missed but would’ve had too much hope about winning with us leading 3 times so glad I did miss it. Shout for Oxlade with a f***ing wonder goal and showing respect to our club in his celebrations, good lad and something that should be really appreciated next time they come to visit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:22 am

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Wow. So rude. So butthurt over Ozil? Why?

Butthurt?
I enjoyed watching Ozil tonight. MOTM for us and a moment of genius you'd pay the admission price to see on it's own.
Seems to me he embarrassed you tonight.

Martinelli?
Torreria?
AMN?

All three where comfortably better on the ball and off the ball.

Tbh i think Ozil could take a shit while counting his 350k a week and you would enjoy it. While his passing was clearly still quality. The rest of his game and his stamina has totally fallen off the cliff.

Remember. This ain't Liverpool's first team. Its their C team with a few squad players getting gametime. A roolie keeper, center back and right back whos mistakes lead to 4 of our 5 goals!

Maybe I expect a little bit more from a former World Cup winner like i used to see 3-4 years ago. That version of Ozil would of totally dictated the match from start to finish against this level of opposition even surrounded by kids.

He was not out best player today. Martinelli was along Torreria in the first half.

Try netball or something - might be more your thing.

No no Jay, he is a student/expert of tactics according to him, so you should bow to his superior knowledge, thats why he writes essays, because to make his point he needs to write a lot.

Im still waiting for him to show me how I backtracked and got caught out, a man with his studious abilities shouldn't find it difficult but yet here I am, in the voice of Diana Ross, "im still waiting - ohohOhOhohhhh"
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:26 am

EliteKiller wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I enjoyed watching Ozil tonight. MOTM for us and a moment of genius you'd pay the admission price to see on it's own.
Seems to me he embarrassed you tonight.

Not the game anyone else watched .... he had just 37 touches in 65 minutes about as influential as Corbyn .... good in patches but a disaster for his side overall .... none of our midfield were worth squat when it came to keeping the ball.

Liverpool 65% possession, 636 passes v 335, the only thing we were good at tonight was hitting the target Torreira 4, Martinelli 4, Saka 3 .... and Ozil never even managed that just one attempt off target ....

He's exactly where he needs to be on the transfer list.

A disaster EK!! Ffs man get a grip. He played a part in 3 goals, a big part in 2 of them, but you decide to focus on a stat is largely irrelevant for Ozil.

Get outta here buddy.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:27 am

Fenice wrote:Couldn’t watch but glad Martinelli is continuing his good form.

First team starter in my book!! Literally think his all round game is better than Lacazette's.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:33 am

aniym wrote:Full credit to the team even though they lost. Tons of spirit shown, and the youth are setting a great example. Hard to analyze the team in games like this with a videogame scoreline and Pool needing to pull out 3 worldies to get it to 5-5.

Mustafi v unlucky for the OG and Martinelli's penalty giveaway is the price paid for his inexperience.

This game just highlighted the problems of the first team. Emery cannot get ANY team to defend. Thats 3 times in 2 games we have let a 2 goal lead slip. This was against Liverpool's youth team ffs.

Mustafi's own goal was shit, he should have slid with his other leg. Mustafi again at fault for Origi's injury time equalizer. The Martinelli penalty was never a penalty. Football is a contact sport, there was nowhere near enough contact from any replay I saw that suggested the player should've gone down, it was a dive.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 am

I was there, trust me this was absolutely gutting to everyone who were there. Great atmosphere from us though, outsang those jobless hubcap thieves all game.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am

Hats off to the away support it's always good, cant comment on the game had to work so only seen highlights
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am

VCC wrote:Hats off to the away support it's always good, cant comment on the game had to work so only seen highlights

I saw the entire game.

the Arsenal support was fantastic all the game.

it's a pity they got a disgraceful performance from the team in general

Martinez - useless - awful - not good enough. Kick outs into touch. At fault for 2 of the goals.
Holding -- useless - passing to Liverpool players all the game. continually out of position. Passing to other players in danger. Get rid of asap
Mustafi - useless - can't even do the basics of defending - utterly shite
Kola - actually felt for him trying to marshall a defence made up of Holding and Mustafi - its impossible to manage sheep and those two are sheep.
Bellerin - as skipper he must have thought - oh fk...the curse of the arsenal captain strikes again and his performance was similar - I'd keep him because he has balls and is prepared to work hard.

Sako - jesus - if he had a head he'd be a chicken - completely headless - the one time in 90 mins he got his head up he pass to Martinelli who scored - promises so much, but completely unpredictable - I'd keep but teach him awareness

Maitland - Niles - another great young prospect who mixes the brilliant with the brainless - thought he had more good than bad last night and tried to win the game. But get your head up son!!

Martinelli - another great prospect who knows where the goal is but then misses sitters (2 or 3 over the 90 mins) at the same time - I'd keep him but tell him to relax and stay calm and he will score loads

Torreira - love him - love his anger, his passion and his "I may be small but i'll have you and all" attitude. Keep him.

Ozil - normally a big critic - but his performance last night was way above any other arsenal players - the touch for the 4th goal was absolutely world class. Taken off by the Dick Emery - ridiculous decision by Dick

Willock - yet another "promising" player - scored a belter, but then missed a sitter too.

Overall - you CAN'T win ANY game, even against teenagers with Mustafi and Holding. They're useless and cost us the game.

And as Emry picked them, he is ultimately to blame.

Guendozy - fs - he came on and undid much of the good work Ozil had done - gave ball away for one if not 2 goals after he came on.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 am

greengoonerie wrote:
VCC wrote:Hats off to the away support it's always good, cant comment on the game had to work so only seen highlights

I saw the entire game.

the Arsenal support was fantastic all the game.

it's a pity they got a disgraceful performance from the team in general

Martinez - useless - awful - not good enough. Kick outs into touch. At fault for 2 of the goals.
Holding -- useless - passing to Liverpool players all the game. continually out of position. Passing to other players in danger. Get rid of asap
Mustafi - useless - can't even do the basics of defending - utterly shite
Kola - actually felt for him trying to marshall a defence made up of Holding and Mustafi - its impossible to manage sheep and those two are sheep.
Bellerin - as skipper he must have thought - oh fk...the curse of the arsenal captain strikes again and his performance was similar - I'd keep him because he has balls and is prepared to work hard.

Sako - jesus - if he had a head he'd be a chicken - completely headless - the one time in 90 mins he got his head up he pass to Martinelli who scored - promises so much, but completely unpredictable - I'd keep but teach him awareness

Maitland - Niles - another great young prospect who mixes the brilliant with the brainless - thought he had more good than bad last night and tried to win the game. But get your head up son!!

Martinelli - another great prospect who knows where the goal is but then misses sitters (2 or 3 over the 90 mins) at the same time - I'd keep him but tell him to relax and stay calm and he will score loads

Torreira - love him - love his anger, his passion and his "I may be small but i'll have you and all" attitude. Keep him.

Ozil - normally a big critic - but his performance last night was way above any other arsenal players - the touch for the 4th goal was absolutely world class. Taken off by the Dick Emery - ridiculous decision by Dick

Willock - yet another "promising" player - scored a belter, but then missed a sitter too.

Overall - you CAN'T win ANY game, even against teenagers with Mustafi and Holding. They're useless and cost us the game.

And as Emry picked them, he is ultimately to blame.

Guendozy - fs - he came on and undid much of the good work Ozil had done - gave ball away for one if not 2 goals after he came on.

You probably heard us all shout "NO!" when he took Ozil off
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:25 am

Royal Gooner wrote:I was there, trust me this was absolutely gutting to everyone who were there. Great atmosphere from us though, outsang those jobless hubcap thieves all game.

Well this is the thing players like Bellerin who has a strained relationship with the fans because he has a grudge against us from past critics needs to understand ................

If the team perform like that, even if they lose, no one is going to have a go at them.

We used to lose when we had the Invincibles but we never went in, there are ways to lose with you head held high and then there are the pitiful performances our 1st team gives where we gift goals to a losing team and just can't seem to get any fluidity in our game.

I mean this 2nd string kids team has better offence and goals than our 1st team, quite frankly our 1st team currently is a disgrace, they could learn about heart, effort and pioneering attack from Ozil and the kids.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:We used to lose when we had the Invincibles

:rofll:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:04 pm

Willock's goal was the number one play on Sportscenter last night. Silver linings!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:14 pm

will any afc goalie ever save a pen in my lifetime??? honestly, when was the last???
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20